Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, Flavio said:

Any news regarding the consulate at Rio de Janeiro? They are open?

I think they are open for emergencies and expedites. Some have gotten their IR1 interviews in May and June (not sure about July and Aug). But it´s very few. I heard that they had cancelled all Aug interviews a while back. There hasn´t been any activity in the Brazil forum here on VJ. Seems that no one here has gotten interviews. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Hilde said:

I think they are open for emergencies and expedites. Some have gotten their IR1 interviews in May and June (not sure about July and Aug). But it´s very few. I heard that they had cancelled all Aug interviews a while back. There hasn´t been any activity in the Brazil forum here on VJ. Seems that no one here has gotten interviews. 

I emailed them a couple days ago. Here's their response:

"Thank you for your email. We would like to inform that for now we are facing great limitations due to the novel of COVID-19. The Embassy and Consulates are processing only extemes emergency cases with life and death issues. For this reason we kindly ask you to follow our webpage and social medias for information about resuming normal operations.

We regret we cannot fo more in light of this difficult moment and we wait your contact once the restrict measures imposed by this Global Pandemia ends."

So, we're still in the waiting game. I know some cities are gradually reopening. I google every couple days to look up any news about the coronavirus situation in Brazil. I hope we're getting close...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Matt & Luiza said:

I emailed them a couple days ago. Here's their response:

"Thank you for your email. We would like to inform that for now we are facing great limitations due to the novel of COVID-19. The Embassy and Consulates are processing only extemes emergency cases with life and death issues. For this reason we kindly ask you to follow our webpage and social medias for information about resuming normal operations.

We regret we cannot fo more in light of this difficult moment and we wait your contact once the restrict measures imposed by this Global Pandemia ends."

So, we're still in the waiting game. I know some cities are gradually reopening. I google every couple days to look up any news about the coronavirus situation in Brazil. I hope we're getting close...

Thanks for this.

Do you know about this link that has how many visas were issued each month? I think should be a good "thermometer" as to when things will begin to pick up in pace:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

May: CR1: 3 / IR1: 5

June: CR1: 1 / IR1: 3 

July: CR1: 1 / IR1: 3 

I think August it should be very low numbers too and all we can do is hope that it picks up September on... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Flavio said:

Any news regarding the consulate at Rio de Janeiro? They are open?

No, the US Consulate in Rio is still closed for routine visa processing.  They only offer emergency services for US citizens in Brazil at this time, no news of when they may open up again for normal business, it is uncertain and depends on the spread of the virus in Brazil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, Hilde said:

Did anyone receive an interview letter recently? Any news when interviews will resume?

I have only read about interviews being cancelled in Rio. I have not read about any interview letters being received.

😢

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Looks like they're starting I guess...

Rio de Janeiro CR1 1

Rio de Janeiro FX2 1

Rio de Janeiro IR1 4

Rio de Janeiro IR2 2

Rio de Janeiro IR5 1

Screenshot_3.png

4 minutes ago, Jizreel Fonseca said:

Rio de Janeiro CR1 1

Rio de Janeiro FX2 1

Rio de Janeiro IR1 4

Rio de Janeiro IR2 2

Rio de Janeiro IR5 1

Screenshot_3.png

Hi Jizreel!!!

Can you please tell us where you found this information, please? Thank you!

Timeline
On 8/28/2020 at 12:13 PM, Hilde said:

Thanks for this.

Do you know about this link that has how many visas were issued each month? I think should be a good "thermometer" as to when things will begin to pick up in pace:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

I think August it should be very low numbers too and all we can do is hope that it picks up September on... 

I was trying to quote this with the comments... Sorry I'm getting used to how this commenting, replaying works...

Rio de Janeiro CR1 1

Rio de Janeiro FX2 1

Rio de Janeiro IR1 4

Rio de Janeiro IR2 2

Rio de Janeiro IR5 1

Screenshot_3.png

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jizreel Fonseca said:

Rio de Janeiro CR1 1

Rio de Janeiro FX2 1

Rio de Janeiro IR1 4

Rio de Janeiro IR2 2

Rio de Janeiro IR5 1

Hardly picking up... just a steady slow pace. Still better than zero.

August: CR1: 1 / IR1: 4

January (pre-pandemic):  CR1: 16 / IR1: 65

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hilde said:

Hardly picking up... just a steady slow pace. Still better than zero.

August: CR1: 1 / IR1: 4

January (pre-pandemic):  CR1: 16 / IR1: 65

Agreed, hopefully Sept will be better...

Timeline

Just got a general email from the Rio consulate. It appears they are lessening the restrictions... so this is a step towards the right direction:

Effective October 2, the Government of Brazil no longer requires foreign travelers topresent proof of health insurance valid in Brazil in order to enter.  While Brazil continues to permit the entry of foreign visitors by airfor a short stay of up to 90 days, restrictions remainfor the entry of foreign visitors by land (unless for transit) and sea through at least October 23.   

Timeline
On 5/25/2020 at 9:45 AM, Hilde said:

Hello All,

Starting this thread in the hopes of getting information about the Rio de Janeiro interviews.

I got DQ on May 6th and am waitng for the interview letter.

Consulate still closed.

Fingers crossed for myself and everyone in this boat!

Thanks god i finally found someone similar with me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.