Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 11:30 AM, Rafa Garoli said:

Hi guys, April statistics are available:

I think it is good news.

The pace seems to be increasing and there were even a good number of Employment based visas issued.

Hope we all get our interviews scheduled!

Best regards,

estat_Abril.JPG

Why was there only 1 IR5 Interview? are they going to increase the interviews? This will be a 10 year wait at this rate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/9/2021 at 4:33 PM, SkolVikes said:

Why was there only 1 IR5 Interview? are they going to increase the interviews? This will be a 10 year wait at this rate.

My guess would be they are prioritizing children and spouses of USC at this time. My other guess is that there are fewer IR5s than IR1s

• 2 weeks later...

We had our K-1 interview on June 17. The questions were easy: "How did you meet?" and "What are your wedding plans?". We were told that they were waiting on the medical report, and that they would stamp and return the passport once that was received. The medical exam was 18 days prior to the interview and we confirmed with the doctor that he had electronically sent it prior to the interview date. We emailed the consulate, but no reply from them and it's now 8 days past the interview. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ron K said:

We had our K-1 interview on June 17. The questions were easy: "How did you meet?" and "What are your wedding plans?". We were told that they were waiting on the medical report, and that they would stamp and return the passport once that was received. The medical exam was 18 days prior to the interview and we confirmed with the doctor that he had electronically sent it prior to the interview date. We emailed the consulate, but no reply from them and it's now 8 days past the interview. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I would call the doctor's office. Maybe their office can email the consulate to confirm that it was received?

I would also continue to call and email the consulate.

39 minutes ago, Ron K said:

Have you had your medical consultation in São Paulo?

Edited by Flavio

1 minute ago, Ron K said:

The medical exam was in Sao Paulo on May 31, 18 days prior to the interview. The doctor confirmed that he used their online service to send them the medical report. We'll continue to try to contact the consulate and see if the doctor can do the same.

Ok, I've heard that many people that did the medical consultation in SP had their visa delayed... They told that the doctor delayed to send the data to the consulate...

5 minutes ago, Ron K said:

The medical exam was in Sao Paulo on May 31, 18 days prior to the interview. The doctor confirmed that he used their online service to send them the medical report. We'll continue to try to contact the consulate and see if the doctor can do the same.

Hey!

I had my medical exam in São Paulo on April 26, 2021, the consulate in Rio received the medical info only on May 19th. The doctor did take his sweet time (and also made a mistake in the electronic form of my vaccinations, that can't really be resolved). My advice: when you receive your vaccination record, check if the dates when you took your vaccines are correct.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My wife received her interview appointment for August 11 yesterday via email from NVC!

I want to update the WhatsApp group and also invite my wife to that group.  For some reason my messages in that group aren't going through and the link has emojis in it and says it's an invalid link.  Can someone in that group send me the link please?

2020-Jan-15  : I-130 packet sent

2020-Jan-17  : I-130 packet received

2020-Jan-21  : NOA-1 (received text message)

2020-Jan-25  : NOA-1 (received US Mail) Assigned to Potomac Processing Center

2021-Jan-05  : NOA-2

2021-Jan-05  : Case sent to NVC

2021-Jan-08  : NVC Received Case

2021-Jan-25  : Paid IV and AOS fees

2021-Jan-30  : IV and AOS documents submitted

2021-Feb-22  : IV and AOS documents resubmitted

2021-Feb-22  : DQ (Documentarily Qualified) 

2021-Jul-16   : Received Interview Appointment Email from NVC

2021-Jul-27   : Medical exam completed in Brasilia

2021-Aug-10 : Biometrics completed in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-11 : Interview Appointment in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-18 : Visa delivered via Correios and paid final USCIS fee

2021-Aug-18 : Immigrated through Miami, FL

2021-Sep-3    : Received Social Security Card in the mail

2021-Dec-5    : Received Greencard in the mail

Timeline
2 hours ago, RicFromOhio said:

My wife received her interview appointment for August 11 yesterday via email from NVC!

I want to update the WhatsApp group and also invite my wife to that group.  For some reason my messages in that group aren't going through and the link has emojis in it and says it's an invalid link.  Can someone in that group send me the link please?

Got my wife's interview date July 16, yesterday, scheduled for Aug. 02. Two weeks' notice! Will have to reschedule due to foot injury.

Edited by James D
add info

Timeline
On 7/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, James D said:

Got my wife's interview date July 16, yesterday, scheduled for Aug. 02. Two weeks' notice! Will have to reschedule due to foot injury.

Update:

Manged to reschedule to Sep. 23. I  have rescheduled the biometrics for two hours before the interview. Is that too late?

Edited by James D
error correction

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.