Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2021 at 8:21 AM, Rafa Garoli said:

Anyone have some news regarding Employment-Based applications? Is it following similar DQ/Interview dates?

On the March Monthly report posted by Jizreel Fonseca, there are three E3 visas issued. I wonder if it was some expedite request or the regular flow.

Regards

Probably the consulate will start to process the EBs after FBs. They are prioritizing family based applications right now.

I guess that those E3 cases are expedited cases.

Timeline

II found this information useful: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

Basically, they have divided the applications in tiers, and have recommended the consulates to try to avoid growing of backlog in the first two tiers. But they also instruct posts to schedule and adjudicate some cases in Tier Three and Tier Four each month.

• Tier One: Immediate relative intercountry adoption visas, age-out cases (cases where the applicant will soon no longer qualify due to their age), and certain Special Immigrant Visas (SQ and SI for Afghan and Iraqi nationals working with the U.S. government)

• Tier Two:  Immediate relative visas; fiancé(e) visas; and returning resident visas

• Tier Three: Family preference immigrant visas and SE Special Immigrant Visas for certain employees of the U.S. government abroad

• Tier Four: All other immigrant visas, including employment preference and diversity visas

Regards,

3 hours ago, Hilde said:

Hello Friends,

My husband´s visa has been issued. Can hardly believe I am writing this - after such a long and tortuous journey here.

Our interview was scheduled for 9:30am. But the day that he went to have his fingerprints done (a few days before the interview) they advised him to get there at 8. So we did.

We waited in line outside and after security check etc we were given a piece of paper with the order that they wanted the documents. It went something like this:

Proof of DS-260
Passport
Birth certificate + copy
Marriage certificate + copy
Military record + copy
Police certificate (state and federal)
Medical (had already been sent directly to consulate)
Proof of financial support: (below is what we provided)
 -bank records

We were called and they asked us to turn in the documents. They looked over it, asked when we got married (to which my husband got the year wrong because he was so nervous) and told us to wait for the interview.
We waited like 15´ and got called. My knees were shaking and my heart was racing.

The officer was VERY friendly and I could tell she was smiling even with a mask on.
We took the oath to tell the truth, she asked us 1) where we met and 2) how old our daughter was. She entered a few sentences in the computer and THAT WAS IT. She congratulated us. 

Our case was VERY straight forward (we have been married for 10 yrs, we have a daughter and own an apartment in the US) - I was nervous nonetheless. I think the IR1 visa is VERY document dependent. So if your story is real, if your documents are all organized and updated, you should be good to go.

I thank every one of you here for your support. You guys have helped me more than you know. This is a wonderful community and I will stick around here and there to try to help others the same way I was helped.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations Hilde!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/6/2021 at 12:19 PM, Hilde said:

Hello Friends,

My husband´s visa has been issued. Can hardly believe I am writing this - after such a long and tortuous journey here.

Our interview was scheduled for 9:30am. But the day that he went to have his fingerprints done (a few days before the interview) they advised him to get there at 8. So we did.

We waited in line outside and after security check etc we were given a piece of paper with the order that they wanted the documents. It went something like this:

Proof of DS-260
Passport
Birth certificate + copy
Military record + copy
 -bank records

We were called and they asked us to turn in the documents. They looked over it, asked when we got married (to which my husband got the year wrong because he was so nervous) and told us to wait for the interview.
We waited like 15´ and got called. My knees were shaking and my heart was racing.

The officer was VERY friendly and I could tell she was smiling even with a mask on.
We took the oath to tell the truth, she asked us 1) where we met and 2) how old our daughter was. She entered a few sentences in the computer and THAT WAS IT. She congratulated us. 

Our case was VERY straight forward (we have been married for 10 yrs, we have a daughter and own an apartment in the US) - I was nervous nonetheless. I think the IR1 visa is VERY document dependent. So if your story is real, if your documents are all organized and updated, you should be good to go.

I thank every one of you here for your support. You guys have helped me more than you know. This is a wonderful community and I will stick around here and there to try to help others the same way I was helped.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats thats the best new  ever 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 12:19 PM, Hilde said:

Hello Friends,

Proof of DS-260
Passport
Birth certificate + copy
Military record + copy
 -bank records

Good luck everyone!

Hilde, thank you so much for your interview review! We used it when preparing for the interview!

Our interview was scheduled for 10:00, and we arrived at the consulate at 9:00. I think that our relatively late arrival was a HUGE mistake because we ended up waiting around 5-6 hours for the interview (we left the consulate at around 15:00). Most of the people arrived much earlier than we did. So I guess it's excellent advice to arrive much earlier than your interview is scheduled.

Our interview went very well, and the officer was super friendly and kind. She only asked how we met and where we're going to be living in the US. Unfortunately, I did not have the correct São Paulo state police certificate (I had 2 different state police certificates, but neither was the correct one). She said we'd be approved on the spot if I wasn't missing it. She asked us to get and upload the right document to the CEAC after the interview. Also, they kept my passport. Meanwhile, while they're reviewing the correct document - we are under administrative processing.

I'd like to know if anyone here is or was under administrative processing and how long it took them to be approved or hear back from the consulate?

Thank you, everyone!
Good luck!

If anyone has any questions regarding the interview or whatever, ask away, I'd be glad to help. :) 

Edited by Elena95

Timeline
On 5/17/2021 at 4:21 PM, Elena95 said:

Hilde, thank you so much for your interview review! We used it when preparing for the interview!

Our interview was scheduled for 10:00, and we arrived at the consulate at 9:00. I think that our relatively late arrival was a HUGE mistake because we ended up waiting around 5-6 hours for the interview (we left the consulate at around 15:00). Most of the people arrived much earlier than we did. So I guess it's excellent advice to arrive much earlier than your interview is scheduled.

Our interview went very well, and the officer was super friendly and kind. She only asked how we met and where we're going to be living in the US. Unfortunately, I did not have the correct São Paulo state police certificate (I had 2 different state police certificates, but neither was the correct one). She said we'd be approved on the spot if I wasn't missing it. She asked us to get and upload the right document to the CEAC after the interview. Also, they kept my passport. Meanwhile, while they're reviewing the correct document - we are under administrative processing.

I'd like to know if anyone here is or was under administrative processing and how long it took them to be approved or hear back from the consulate?

Thank you, everyone!
Good luck!

If anyone has any questions regarding the interview or whatever, ask away, I'd be glad to help. :) 

It took us 3 business days for it to change to Issued. Good luck!

Timeline

Anyone get IR-1 interviews scheduled for June or July yet?

If anyone on this forum checks it frequently and hasn't yet joined the whatsapp group chat, I strongly advise you to join it. It has much much more info on it and the participants are updating everyone on their cases on a daily basis. It just seems through the chat that the interview emails that have been sent out bimonthly have slowed this month, so I want to check here to see if anyone else has more news.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Rafa Garoli said:

There is a group for those that are in the EB visa process (not for family visas) in Brazil - https://chat.whatsapp.com/LLaETL0gmFx3oZlkbdkE2N

Does this group include the investment visa type only? Or the tourist visa as well?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Does this group include the investment visa type only? Or the tourist visa as well?

No tourist visas. The focus is Employment-based (EB categories) visas. Investment visa is not the focus, but the process is similar to the other EB visas, so it may be helpful. 

Timeline

Anyone get notification of interview today for the Rio consulate? My husband is in a Whatsapp group and said there were some people that got their notification. interviews are for June 9 and are for people that were DQ’d in May/June of 2020. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.