Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

For everyone: I requested expedite last month and got denied. 

So it seems like they are moving along non-expedite requests and DQ dates are up to May 2020.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hilde said:

Seems like RDJ sends out letter on the 15th then. I got my date just now too. Can hardly believe it!

Congrats bro.  I cant believe that. I remember you post first in this group and you deserve it man good luck.  Keep posted 

Timeline

For some reason I am not able to schedule my medical (the lady doesn´t have my name on the list) and I am not able to register my appt online. Anyone else having this issue? I figured everything would be smooth after getting the interview letter from NVC.

Also, on CEAC it still says my case is "At NVC"...

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jizreel Fonseca said:

Hey y'all. I also got my interview date. May 17. DQ 18/05/2020.

Thats good they started may and congrats and good luck finally that wait is over

1 minute ago, Hilde said:

For some reason I am not able to schedule my medical (the lady doesn´t have my name on the list) and I am not able to register my appt online. Anyone else having this issue? I figured everything would be smooth after getting the interview letter from NVC.

Need two weeks  to case come to embassy and also i am sending you message 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Hilde said:

It took about a week for my husband’s name to show up in the list (even though the consulate’s email says they already sent the information). Forwarding your email with your interview date to the doctor might help.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hilde said:

So glad you got your interview date! I had the same issue when registering for my appt online the same day I received the interview letter - I waited 24hrs and was able to do it the next day. It also took a few days for the CEAC status to update. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Guto2019 said:

So glad you got your interview date! I had the same issue when registering for my appt online the same day I received the interview letter - I waited 24hrs and was able to do it the next day. It also took a few days for the CEAC status to update. 

I see. Thanks so much!

Updating the timeline - many thanks to all who actively monitored and participated in the conversations (SalvadorBahia, DeParaquedasBrasi, 1700Hope, Hilde)

• Married March 2019
  • USCIS took about 1 year, no expedites requested 
  • The consulate we will be using is General Consulate of Rio de Janeiro
  • NVC case created May 2020
  • NVC documentarily qualified July 2020
  • Consulate expedite request July 2020
    • Expedite declined
  • NVC expedite request October 2020
    • Expedite declined
  • NVC expedite request December 2020
    • Expedite declined
  • NVC notification for appointment canceled February 2021 (was initially confusing as it seems it is their systems sending this when they advance with your application for the interview)
  • NVC notification next day saying that the expedited request was accepted February 2021
  • Medical appointment was done based on the doctor's office availability (2 appointments were required as the results were not handed off same day)
  • ASC appointment for digital photo and fingerprints April 19 2021 (scheduled 9AM, the office opened 12PM to 4 PM - mandated by city rules it seems, for this week) - note: do not risk on doing it same day as the interview date
  • Consulate interview April 20 2021 - green card received (no same day delivery since with pandemic context they want people as soon as possible out of building; 10 days shipping over mail)

Total time: about 2 years (too many things that need to be improved)
Praise to God that soon we can finally be a family. Wishing you all the best and stay strong, the time will come when God has planned for.

Edited by AlfredoM2021
improvement

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlfredoM2021 said:

Updating the timeline - many thanks to all who actively monitored and participated in the conversations (SalvadorBahia, DeParaquedasBrasi, 1700Hope, Hilde)

• Married March 2019
  • General Consulate of Rio de Janeiro
    • Expedite declined
    • Expedite declined
    • Expedite declined
  • NVC notification for appointment canceled February 2021 (was initially confusing as it seems it is their systems sending this when they advance with your application for the interview)
  • NVC notification next day saying that the expedited request was accepted February 2021
  • Medical appointment was done based on the doctor's office availability (2 appointments were required as the results were not handed off same day)
  • ASC appointment for digital photo and fingerprints April 19 2021 (scheduled 9AM, the office opened 12PM to 4 PM - mandated by city rules it seems, for this week) - note: do not risk on doing it same day as the interview date
  • Consulate interview April 20 2021 - green card received (no same day delivery since with pandemic context they want people as soon as possible out of building; 10 days shipping over mail)

Praise to God that soon we can finally be a family. Wishing you all the best and stay strong, the time will come when God has planned for.

Very helpful timeline. Thank you and good luck!! :) 

4 hours ago, AlfredoM2021 said:

• Married March 2019
  • The consulate we will be using is General Consulate of Rio de Janeiro
    • Expedite declined
    • Expedite declined
    • Expedite declined

Congrats! All the best. 

One question: have you actually received the Green Card at the Consulate or was it a Visa? 

1 hour ago, RMCBra said:

Congrats! All the best. 

One question: have you actually received the Green Card at the Consulate or was it a Visa? 

In consulate you get a resident visa that gets you the right to entry in US as a resident. Based on my experience from my process long time ago, once you arrive at the port of entry, you'll get a stamp in passport and that stamp along with the visa is a temporary green card replacement until you receive the actual green card (plastic card).

I referred to it as a green card, but to shortly answer the question is a resident visa. (after passport is delivered by mail, i would know whether something was different)

1 minute ago, AlfredoM2021 said:

In consulate you get a resident visa that gets you the right to entry in US as a resident. Based on my experience from my process long time ago, once you arrive at the port of entry, you'll get a stamp in passport and that stamp along with the visa is a temporary green card replacement until you receive the actual green card (plastic card).

I referred to it as a green card, but to shortly answer the question is a resident visa. (after passport is delivered by mail, i would know whether something was different)

Ok, thanks for replying. 

I was under the impression it would be a visa, but just wanted to double check. Thanks and good luck there. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, AlfredoM2021 said:

There is no such thing as a "resident visa."  It's an immigration visa.  Upon entry and endorsement by CBP, an immigration visa becomes a temporary 1 year I-551 (green card).  

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 hour ago, RMCBra said:

Congrats! All the best. 

The US Embassy/Consulate does not issue green cards.  They issue immigrant visas.

When a person enters the US with an immigrant visa and is admitted by CBP, then the person becomes a green card holder.  The immigrant visa upon endorsement by CBP becomes a 1 year I-551 (green card).  Once the $220 immigrant fee is paid and the person has become an LPR, then the plastic green card is issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.