Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Flavio said:

My guess: Rio de Janeiro is only the consulate in Rio.

Brazil have numbers from all consulates (Rio, São Paulo,  Brasília,  etc...)

But all interviews for these visas are done in Rio.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Flavio said:

My guess: Rio de Janeiro is only the consulate in Rio.

Brazil have numbers from all consulates (Rio, São Paulo,  Brasília,  etc...)

Yep... for immigrant visa in Brazil, only Rio, non immigrant all others including Rio...

21 hours ago, Hilde said:

Things SHOULD start moving along:

Yes, great news indeed!

I've seen a news that all consulates will receive vaccine to vaccinate all employees. 

So I think that all of those actions is  to be possible to resume their visa services.

https://www.oantagonista.com/brasil/eua-enviarao-vacinas-contra-a-covid-19-para-corpo-diplomatico-no-brasil/

Timeline

@raphy2021 Did they ask you for any updated documents at the interview? Like updated tax returns or updated antecedentes criminais? 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

@raphy2021 Did they ask you for any updated documents at the interview? Like updated tax returns or updated antecedentes criminais? 

No, however I brought both 2019 tax return and 2020 tax return just in case. I didn't have to bring any police records as I am 16 and only people 18 or older are required to bring them. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, raphy2021 said:

No, however I brought both 2019 tax return and 2020 tax return just in case. I didn't have to bring any police records as I am 16 and only people 18 or older are required to bring them. 

Awesome. Thanks

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Timeline

Hello friends,

Does anyone have any updates from the RDJ consulate? I was so hopeful a few weeks ago, thinking that the interviews were moving along... but some weeks have passed and I have not seen the increase I was hoping for.

Additionally, my expedite request got denied. Anyone know where they are up to in DQ date? Is it still February 2020?

Thanks so much!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hilde said:

Hello friends,

Does anyone have any updates from the RDJ consulate? I was so hopeful a few weeks ago, thinking that the interviews were moving along... but some weeks have passed and I have not seen the increase I was hoping for.

Additionally, my expedite request got denied. Anyone know where they are up to in DQ date? Is it still February 2020?

Thanks so much!

I noticed quite a lot o interviews so far and we might see the numbers in that report in a couple weeks. Also, a few people got interview dates in April already. Hopefully they will pick up speed now.

When did you request expedite? We request through congresspeople on 19 and they denied 2 days ago saying:

Per correspondence from your office, the National Visa Center (NVC) forwarded an expedite request to the U.S. Consulate General in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil and unfortunately, they cannot prioritize this immigrant visa petition for expeditious processing.

In the interest of fairness to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that cases complete the documentation process with the NVC.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jizreel Fonseca said:

I noticed quite a lot o interviews so far and we might see the numbers in that report in a couple weeks. Also, a few people got interview dates in April already. Hopefully they will pick up speed now.

When did you request expedite? We request through congresspeople on 19 and they denied 2 days ago saying:

I am glad you´re seeing an increase. I am likely looking in the wrong places. Do you know what is the DQ date of the latest non-expedited interview? I want to gauge where I am in line.

I requested the expedite in mid February through NVC.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hilde said:

I am glad you´re seeing an increase. I am likely looking in the wrong places. Do you know what is the DQ date of the latest non-expedited interview? I want to gauge where I am in line.

I requested the expedite in mid February through NVC.

I'm in a "zap" group where we're people shared those infos. From what I could gather, Feb had mainly expedited cases and half Mar, some that had interviews cancelled last year were schedulled to late March.

regarding DQ, it's quite a mess, I was DQ'd in mid May/20 and some that are around the same date are still waiting.

Timeline
Just now, Jizreel Fonseca said:

I'm in a "zap" group where we're people shared those infos. From what I could gather, Feb had mainly expedited cases and half Mar, some that had interviews cancelled last year were schedulled to late March.

regarding DQ, it's quite a mess, I was DQ'd in mid May/20 and some that are around the same date are still waiting.

I´m May as well. So, from your information - we have to wait for them to get through the rest of March and April before getting to ours in May. So AT LEAST another 2 months, if I am doing the math correctly.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Hilde said:

I´m May as well. So, from your information - we have to wait for them to get through the rest of March and April before getting to ours in May. So AT LEAST another 2 months, if I am doing the math correctly.

"TMJ" lol...

I really hope so, or maybe they blocked first half of April for us "voices in my head" as a friend would say. Because April interviews that I saw so far are from 14 on.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jizreel Fonseca said:

"TMJ" lol...

I really hope so, or maybe they blocked first half of April for us "voices in my head" as a friend would say. Because April interviews that I saw so far are from 14 on.

We have to wait i am also in may and hopefully they move on for march and april soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.