Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, Troy B said:

Some notes:  the doctor in RJ my wife called that office, and was told to email. They only responded when being emailed in Portuguese.

Depending on age of the applicant depends on what tests have to be performed,  the documentation said the tests have to be done 4 days before the medical appointment,  and the medical appointment has to be at least 4 days before the interview at the consulate.   Were told that the RX emails the scans to the doctor, and the doctor emails to the consulate.   Also the medical only requires 6 (not 10) 3x4 cm photos.   And it seems near impossible to get a 51mm square photo here in Brazil.   So taking 2 5x5 cm photos instead.  And the CASV finally recognized her case number when i checked at 00:46 on the 29th of June.

My wife had her interview on Monday (August 8th).   She got a 221(g) because of my brazil authenticated divorce paperwork (for a US based 1st wedding I had)  They want the originals,

which are in one of many boxes in my room back in California.  Or with the carterio here in Brazil.

And I am currently in Brazil with my wife. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Going to Rio for interview and SP for medical exam. As I prepare for the medical exam and collect documents, I have no proof of vaccines I took in Brazil as a kid.

Should I take as many vaccines from the required list such as Hep A, Hep B and Meningococcal in advance or should I wait for the doctor's instruction on what is needed?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, MrApa said:

Going to Rio for interview and SP for medical exam. As I prepare for the medical exam and collect documents, I have no proof of vaccines I took in Brazil as a kid.

Should I take as many vaccines from the required list such as Hep A, Hep B and Meningococcal in advance or should I wait for the doctor's instruction on what is needed?

You don't have any records at all?  Is your medical super far out?
I'd take at least the influenza vaccine that is one dose only, but the others require more doses so may not be enough time. If you have no proof at all, you'll need to take them all after the medical and the doctor will only approve you once you take it.

The vaccines you need if you're 18-64 years old are:
Hep B, Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella (if you never had chicken pox), Influenza and Covid (3 doses - 2 + booster).
https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

These instructions are from the SP doctor, they don't want you taking any vaccine before the medical. You can contact the clinic and they will advise you better:
Não tomar nenhuma vacina antes da consulta médica. Aguardar, pois o calendário vacinal a ser seguido é o Americano (no posto, seguirão o Brasileiro).
Caso venha a fazê-lo, isso poderá retardar a finalização de seu processo em até 4 semanas.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline

Thanks Bh_sarah.

Let me rephrase that. I took Td, Influenza and Covid. As a kid (early 80's) I took MMR and Varicella (no records) but never took Hep A and B or Meningococcal.

I guess I will wait for the appointment.

9 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

You don't have any records at all?  Is your medical super far out?
I'd take at least the influenza vaccine that is one dose only, but the others require more doses so may not be enough time. If you have no proof at all, you'll need to take them all after the medical and the doctor will only approve you once you take it.

The vaccines you need if you're 18-64 years old are:
Hep B, Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella (if you never had chicken pox), Influenza and Covid (3 doses - 2 + booster).
https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

These instructions are from the SP doctor, they don't want you taking any vaccine before the medical. You can contact the clinic and they will advise you better:
Não tomar nenhuma vacina antes da consulta médica. Aguardar, pois o calendário vacinal a ser seguido é o Americano (no posto, seguirão o Brasileiro).
Caso venha a fazê-lo, isso poderá retardar a finalização de seu processo em até 4 semanas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MrApa said:

Thanks Bh_sarah.

Let me rephrase that. I took Td, Influenza and Covid. As a kid (early 80's) I took MMR and Varicella (no records) but never took Hep A and B or Meningococcal.

I see. So it's basically MMR, Varicella and Hep B missing for you (no records, so no way to prove you took them).

From the doctor in Rio (they should follow the same vaccine requirements from CDC):

-Hepatite A: até os 18 anos (18 anos ou mais não precisa)

-Pneumocócica 23 para quem tem 65 anos ou mais. NO MOMENTO INDISPONÍVEL NO BRASIL.

I'd shoot the clinic an email about it. They usually reply quickly.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 9/1/2023 at 9:40 AM, MrApa said:

Thanks Bh_sarah.

Hey everybody, 

Just an update that I got my visa back on October 5, 2023 and everything went well with the process besides the lack of information during the process. Here are some details from my experience.

Travel:

I traveled from Canada to SP on Sep 16, in time for the medical exam at noon on Sep 18. Two days before traveling I was notified my medical exam was split into three: 11:30 am my son, 12:00 pm my wife and 12:30 pm myself.

Medical Exam:

When we got to the doctor's office, there was paperwork, I presented 4 pictures each and the doctor saw us together after an hour of wait and triage. Exam went quick with a basic vision exam, "listen to your heart" and medical questions. I think the main objective is for him to assemble our case int the US immigration computer system to generate a PDF that gets sent to you after all is complete. He sent us to Fleury for Lab work. R$800 for each of us.

Lab Work (and vaccines):

For myself: I couldn't prove some of my vaccines, so had to take Tdap (I only had Td beore), MMR (couldn't prove I had it before), and Flu (mine was from December last year and it was unacceptable). For my wife: MMR (couldn't prove she had it before), and Flu. My son: Covid (he had two kids shots, and it was a surprise he had to take the third dose) and Flu. His covid shot had to be at SUS as Fleury didn't have any.

My wife and I had to get blood work and x-ray and my son the tuberculosis blood work (R$500) and in total it was another R$ 2,000 for lab work.

In between time:

I traveled to my hometown for another week in Brazil to wait for the interview in Rio.

Interview in Rio:

The day before the interview we had to go to CASV at 7:00 am to collect fingerprints and take a picture. Even though there are a lot of people, it usually takes only 2 min per person with lots of staff. It took us about an hour and a half to get it all done. You can have cell phones (turned off).

The interview was on a Friday at 7:20 am. We arrived at 7:00 am and went to the wrong line (the long one). Go directly to the Immigrant visa line, there were only about 10 families there. No cell phones allowed inside (there are people holding your phone for R$10 each, apparently people get their phones back).

When you get there, you go upstairs. After you arrive, make sure to organize the documents (passport, birth certificate and marriage license) in the order they ask you. After they give you a sheet on how to organize the documents, you will have a seat again. They will call you to one of the windows to sort documents and ask you basic questions. You have a seat again. The consul will then call you (and your family) for the interview. The interview is not as formal as I expected, you basically stand at a different window. He asks you a few more questions as he enters some info on the computer. He asked me one question about my brief. It took us less than 10 min of interview and about 2 and a half hours total. He said he was missing one medical exam from my wife, but we were approved. He then gave us a paper saying we were approved. Done.

Waiting for passport:

My family returned to Canada and I went back to my hometown on Sunday. On Tuesday I got a notification that my passports were shipped via Sedex and to be delivered on Thursday. I checked online and NVC changed the status to ISSUED. The passports arrived Thursday at 6:30pm. THE END.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/1/2023 at 11:21 AM, Kayl&Natch said:

Did you get your interview letter yet?

IR1/ CR-1

I got DQ on Oct 3rd

Received the interview letter on Oct 26th

interview date: December 7th (Rio de Janeiro).

I hope this helps. When did you get DQ?

Timeline
On 11/6/2023 at 1:34 PM, Lui Roth said:

IR1/ CR-1

I got DQ on Oct 3rd

Received the interview letter on Oct 26th

interview date: December 7th (Rio de Janeiro).

I hope this helps. When did you get DQ?

My spouse got DQ on 11/1 and we are waiting on interview letter.

However, she's a package deal with our son (my step son) and he had all his stuff accepted except they RFE asking for our marriage certificate on his case. I uploaded it literally within 10 minutes of receipt and it's been over a week and they haven't DQ him yet or received anything. I don't know how long it takes, but it's now taking longer to get an update from the RFE for him than it was for them to accept everything else. I don't know if I am allowed to send an ask notice about it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lui Roth said:

You can send them an inquiry through the email, but they will normally reply and DQ in about 10 days if it is all ok. Similar thing happened to me

And when your son gets DQ they will use your wife’s position in the queue and set an interview date for the same time for both.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Question: We were doing vaccine validation for our upcoming interview on Jan 10, as we may just cover the couple of vaccines missing here in her town as it will be cheaper than the Rio medical place. However, our son doesn't have Hep A which is not commonly given in Brazil. Looking online it says that there may need to be 6 mos in between doses, can anyone share their vaccine experience and if they had to wait 6 mos on doses?

Timeline
19 hours ago, Lui Roth said:

I would talk to the physician who you are doing the medicals with

Yea they’re not super helpful, so that’s why I’m asking here since I’ve seen people say they didn’t have Hep A and no one on any forum mentioned having to wait an additional 6 months because they didn’t have the series complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.