apellica

In lieu of CFO Sticker for Passport

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

Right now, my understanding is that the CFO Offices in all locations are closed until July 31, 2020 due to the Modified ECQ.  For those of you who are in my situation where your beneficiary has completed the seminar and just needs the CFO Sticker,  they can produce a temporary certificate that can be printed and act as an official CFO Sticker.  I was able to contact the CFO directly and they pointed to me to the following article below:

Link to Online Registration Instructions:

https://www.facebook.com/commissiononfilipinosoverseas/photos/a.951199811568773/2998286823526718/?type=3&theater

• Unfortunately, it is in Tagalog but it contains guidelines and a step-by-step process to obtaining this certificate.

Link to Online Registration System (PDOS):

http://cfo.ph/Online_PDOS_Account_Creation/

• You are then required to complete a series of pages asking for personal information about your Petitioner and Beneficiary
  • After filling out all the required fields, you will then be able to quickly preview all your entries and get a choice to download a pdf of the Temporary Barcoded Certificate shown below
  • There is currently no fee to get this certificate

Example of Certificate:

1042764665_Barcoded_Certificate(Example).jpg.ba79e60bbfeceb9daacb8521fb68f56a.jpg

Contacting the CFO for Questions:

• The best way to get in touch with someone in the CFO department, is to message them on Facebook Messenger
  • Link to their webpage:  https://www.facebook.com/commissiononfilipinosoverseas/
  • I have contacted them a number of times and have been able to answer my questions within an hour or less

416453116_CFOWebpage(Example).jpg.17ae449d5c994c9fce7ba94bf1d0c9a1.jpg

Again, this information is for people that have already completed the seminar.  I'm assuming there is an online process that will get you thru the seminar as well.  If you have questions for them, contacting them on Facebook is your best option.

Hope people on this forum find this information useful.

Best,

apellica

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

PDOS is not for K-1 or IR/CR-1 visa holders.   K-1 &  IR/CR-1 need to register for GCP.

There was a whole topic on this not too long ago, here is a link to the CFO webpage for this

https://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

PDOS is not for K-1 or IR/CR-1 visa holders.   K-1 &  IR/CR-1 need to register for GCP.

There was a whole topic on this not too long ago, here is a link to the CFO webpage for this

https://cfo.gov.ph/filipino-spouses-and-partners-of-foreign-nationals/

Understood, but it looks like they cover the K1 Visa under the Online PDOS Account Creation link I provided above.  K1 Visa is an option to select in that link.  I don't see one specific for GCP.  I believe that Online Registration accounts for both the PDOS and GCP.

If I am misleading people, then I apologize, but that is what the CFO directed me too.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, TVC said:

What are the consequences of skipping this step? If I can get my family here before July 31st I'm not waiting for any exit counselling.

Who said you need to wait?  Certificate is still required for departure.

YMMV

Timeline
On 5/23/2020 at 2:59 PM, TVC said:

So when I try to register at this site I get an error message. https://mail.cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Is it because of my US ip address?

Very likely.

I received a DENIED ACCESS message when I clicked the appt. link 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

So I'm confused, (first of all the website video is creepy, like it is meant for children or something in some kind of tellatubby style lol), but which is actually required, will either PDOS OR GCP be permissible upon leaving the country on a K-1? or is it and extremely strict requirement of which one you have completed depending on your situation and all the officers to check this are extremely knowledgeable on all aspects and will turn your fiance away for not having the correct one???

In Addition, I see a statement stating that the GCP is also required for anyone getting a passport for the first time prior to getting the passport? Is this legit? I really need to know as my fiance has her DFA CO Appointment set for Fri. Jun. 19th, 2020 and we had never heard that a CFO GCP cert. was required prior to applying for the first time and neither does it say that stipulation ANYWHERE on the DFA website or instructions regarding PH Passport applications or requirements. (Although it would not surprise me that this information was left out of or impossible to find via the DFA information considering all posted information in and from the PH on all of their official web sites is essentially the equivalent of someone transposing the scribblings of 500 sticky notes into an online format and then spreading the information out amongst multiple different "official websites" of which some information goes to Website C for the requirements listed for Website A but is not listed on website A as a requirement) "It's more fun in the philippines" hahahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by codyfitzsimmons

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Someone from the CFO has been responding to questions on one of the posts on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/commissiononfilipinosoverseas

(The following were translated by facebook)

"Chery it means your certificate is valid "until" July 31 so you can use it next week and no need to visit CFO"

"Hi Jen as far as we are aware of, fiancee, spouse and partenrs are able to travel and your OFCORS would be enough proof you have undergone the CFO's pre-departure requirement. The immigration honors the document."

Timeline
On 5/31/2020 at 3:22 PM, codyfitzsimmons said:

So I'm confused, (first of all the website video is creepy, like it is meant for children or something in some kind of tellatubby style lol), but which is actually required, will either PDOS OR GCP be permissible upon leaving the country on a K-1? or is it and extremely strict requirement of which one you have completed depending on your situation and all the officers to check this are extremely knowledgeable on all aspects and will turn your fiance away for not having the correct one???

In Addition, I see a statement stating that the GCP is also required for anyone getting a passport for the first time prior to getting the passport? Is this legit? I really need to know as my fiance has her DFA CO Appointment set for Fri. Jun. 19th, 2020 and we had never heard that a CFO GCP cert. was required prior to applying for the first time and neither does it say that stipulation ANYWHERE on the DFA website or instructions regarding PH Passport applications or requirements. (Although it would not surprise me that this information was left out of or impossible to find via the DFA information considering all posted information in and from the PH on all of their official web sites is essentially the equivalent of someone transposing the scribblings of 500 sticky notes into an online format and then spreading the information out amongst multiple different "official websites" of which some information goes to Website C for the requirements listed for Website A but is not listed on website A as a requirement) "It's more fun in the philippines" hahahahahahahahahahaha

Attending CFO-GCP before appyling for a passport at DFA is only required when married to a foreigner.    

For your Finacee, attending CFO-GCP is not required by DFA to apply for a passport

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Attending CFO-GCP before appyling for a passport at DFA is only required when married to a foreigner.    

For your Finacee, attending CFO-GCP is not required by DFA to apply for a passport

Great, thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.