IlyaM

I-485 (no NOA1 after three weeks of waiting)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
8 hours ago, amarsee said:

This actually happened to us when we filed our first attempt. It’s possible your package was delivered and the tracking just wasn’t updated. But what happened with us is that it most likely got lost/misplaced. The last update was March 1 leaving a Chicago distribution center. Then it said “In transit” for the next 5 days or so. I filed a search request with USPS on March 7. Then it magically showed up at the post office and delivered on March 9.

Your wait is much longer though so you may have already filed a search request. But if you haven’t, you could try it. 

Yeah we made a search request on May 7th (a week after mailing - the earliest you can file for search). USPS had called to follow-up but no luck in confirming the whereabouts on our package 🥺 We also emailed the USCIS lockbox to see whether they had gotten it or not and nothing yet from them either. 😪

20 hours ago, IlyaM said:

Hello ,everyone. I've sent my I-485 package back in April to Chicago office. They rejected the case because the forms were outdated. I've sent the fixed package again and they recieved it on May,1 (the UPS notification says that the package has been signed by someone named John). It has been 18 days since I sent it and I've got no news from USCIS and now i'm really worried that my package is lost. Idk what to do, guys. I check the case status on the USCIS website several times a day but all I see is the same rejection notice from April, 17. Has anyone had the same kind of a problem? I'm really confused. 

I’m also in the same situation. We sent our first one off in march and it was returned in April. We sent this one off April 27 and the7 received it April 30th. I have called USCIS but they haven’t uploaded the docs to the system yet, and our check hasn’t been cashed yet either. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, ReneeJas said:

I’m also in the same situation. We sent our first one off in march and it was returned in April. We sent this one off April 27 and the7 received it April 30th. I have called USCIS but they haven’t uploaded the docs to the system yet, and our check hasn’t been cashed yet either. 

Same thing here. Just found out that our check hasn't been cashed either. All we have to do in this situation is to wait, I guess

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, IlyaM said:

Hello ,everyone. I've sent my I-485 package back in April to Chicago office. They rejected the case because the forms were outdated. I've sent the fixed package again and they recieved it on May,1 (the UPS notification says that the package has been signed by someone named John). It has been 18 days since I sent it and I've got no news from USCIS and now i'm really worried that my package is lost. Idk what to do, guys. I check the case status on the USCIS website several times a day but all I see is the same rejection notice from April, 17. Has anyone had the same kind of a problem? I'm really confused. 

You could email the lockbox and enquire if you haven't already done so (lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov).

I am in the exact same situation as you. Originally filed March 24, rejected Apr 22 due to outdated forms. Resubmitted April 27 delivered USPS April 29 and not heard anything. I have enquired multiple times but USCIS don't know anything. Emailed Lockbox Support and got an email saying they haven't scanned it yet and to be patient. I guess all I can do is wait.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Megan Collins said:

You could email the lockbox and enquire if you haven't already done so (lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov).

I am in the exact same situation as you. Originally filed March 24, rejected Apr 22 due to outdated forms. Resubmitted April 27 delivered USPS April 29 and not heard anything. I have enquired multiple times but USCIS don't know anything. Emailed Lockbox Support and got an email saying they haven't scanned it yet and to be patient. I guess all I can do is wait.

Huge thanks, Megan. I will email the lockbox tomorrow. Wish you good luck in your AOS process:)

On 5/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, b911 said:

Mine was delivered on April 13. They checked it on May 5. Package came back on 9th due to mistakes. I re-submitted on 12th through USPS. It was picked up on 14th. Now I’m waiting to hear back from them.

Just got 3 text messages of case received. Green card, Travel, Work permit. Check not cashed yet, maybe in morning. Not bad at all. Was expecting 3-4 weeks. 

Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 1:07 AM, b911 said:

Just got 3 text messages of case received. Green card, Travel, Work permit. Check not cashed yet, maybe in morning. Not bad at all. Was expecting 3-4 weeks. 

Just got the notifications too. Had to message the lockbox (lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov). They didn't answer to the email but I've got the notification on their website the USCIS accepted the fingerprints fee. Thanks to all people who responded to this thread. I'll keep you updated on my case, guys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Friends 

we gave sent package of all forms on 24 april still not received any update from uscis, cheque is not cashed, uscis has no info in their system as told us over helpline number. We have not hot any response from lockbox email since 12 days

we are worried , we got married and submitted the aos within 90 days but we are stuck as we have no information on further steps 

please help 

Did anyone receive a message or update about the  fingerprints ? I received a message about the NOA1 a month ago but nothing has been updated yet since then... I'm wondering if they are already doing appointments for fingerprints.. Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
15 minutes ago, JeanFerreira said:

Did anyone receive a message or update about the  fingerprints ? I received a message about the NOA1 a month ago but nothing has been updated yet since then... I'm wondering if they are already doing appointments for fingerprints.. Thanks 

Nop. USCIS offices and ASC are closed for the public until June 4th

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, b911 said:

I hope they just issue green card directly to those who entered on K1. They technically have fingerprints and have gone through 1 interview already.

I know there are some who got green card without interview. Was it before fingerprints for anyone?

No. They all had biometrics in the US. They won't use biometrics from the embassy.

Timeline

Hi, everyone.

I've got some updates on my case: I've recieved NOA letters for I-485 and I-131 but didn't get the I-765 one. Is that ok that I've got 2 letters instead of 3? Has anyone had the same situation? Thanks, guys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.