10 posts in this topic

My fiancé had his consular interview scheduled for May 11,2020. We never received an email from the embassy saying that it was cancelled, so he decided to show up to his appointment. Sure enough a consular official told him all routine visa appointments had been cancelled and to email the embassy for another appointment. I emailed the embassy and today I tried using my MRV payment receipt to try and schedule an appointment and it says that it is invalid. Has anyone had this issue?? From my understanding the MRV receipt is valid for one year. 

mrv receipt.png

On 5/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, Jenn2020 said:

My fiancé had his consular interview scheduled for May 11,2020. We never received an email from the embassy saying that it was cancelled, so he decided to show up to his appointment. Sure enough a consular official told him all routine visa appointments had been cancelled and to email the embassy for another appointment. I emailed the embassy and today I tried using my MRV payment receipt to try and schedule an appointment and it says that it is invalid. Has anyone had this issue?? From my understanding the MRV receipt is valid for one year. 

mrv receipt.png

Same here. Our appointment was May 11th. No cancellation email. Says my payment conf# is invalid now. I will try emailing the embassy like you did. No one told us that part smh. It is just a big mess right now. Let me know what you find out please. My fiance will call in the morning. He said they were doing phone interviews with some of the people he knew. 

32 minutes ago, LilaJ said:

He said they were doing phone interviews with some of the people he knew. 

Phone interviews for visas?  Unlikely.  How would they confirm a person's identity without biometrics, etc?

55 minutes ago, LilaJ said:

Same here. Our appointment was May 11th. No cancellation email. Says my payment conf# is invalid now. I will try emailing the embassy like you did. No one told us that part smh. It is just a big mess right now. Let me know what you find out please. My fiance will call in the morning. He said they were doing phone interviews with some of the people he knew. 

Hey,

So far I've only received an automated response from the embassy saying that I will have to wait until they resume their regular operations to tell me how to proceed. I also contacted USTravelDocs and they told me they will escalate it to the embassy. They told my fiancé they are only accepting emergency appointments at the embassy. I haven't heard of phone interviews, but it doesn't hurt to try. Keep me updated please! Good luck.☺️🙏 

39 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Phone interviews for visas?  Unlikely.  How would they confirm a person's identity without biometrics, etc?

I don't think hers was for an immigrant Visa. I will have to ask her what hers was for. She told us to call and do it over the phone like she did so they are doing some kind of phone approvals. He will call in the morning to check on it and I will let you know what's up with that. 

11 minutes ago, Jenn2020 said:

Hey,

So far I've only received an automated response from the embassy saying that I will have to wait until they resume their regular operations to tell me how to proceed. I also contacted USTravelDocs and they told me they will escalate it to the embassy. They told my fiancé they are only accepting emergency appointments at the embassy. I haven't heard of phone interviews, but it doesn't hurt to try. Keep me updated please! Good luck.☺️🙏 

I just emailed them and will update you on our situation. The whole process was super fast. It only took 5 months from the day I filed until the embassy appointment and then "Bam!" What are the chances smh. I hope they reopen soon but I also understand the situation. 

1 minute ago, LilaJ said:

I don't think hers was for an immigrant Visa. I will have to ask her what hers was for. She told us to call and do it over the phone like she did so they are doing some kind of phone approvals. He will call in the morning to check on it and I will let you know what's up with that. 

Yes, let me know please. What embassy was this for? Dominican Republic??

1 minute ago, LilaJ said:

I just emailed them and will update you on our situation. The whole process was super fast. It only took 5 months from the day I filed until the embassy appointment and then "Bam!" What are the chances smh. I hope they reopen soon but I also understand the situation. 

Yeah, I was so happy because my process was so fast as well...but, I guess everything happens for a reason. All we can do now is wait. Did your fiance show up to his interview as well? 

UPDATE: After numerous emails to the embassy I am now able to use the same mrv receipt.🙌🙌

C94EDED3-4419-4D2F-9F27-19F2B353C7E7.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.