Leruj

US Citizen blacklisted from PH

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Leruj said:

Thanks, was thinking SG. 

But what I'm really concerned is the witness statements, which, we'll have no problem getting. The only issue is where we can't provide a picture wherein we are with the witnesses because they are either in the US, which is hard for me to go to, and here in the PH, where she's currently blacklisted 😅

What witness statement?

Evidence of having met in person would be; copies of your passport stamps (both passports, along with BIO page), copies of boarding passes, copies of receipt (hotel, dining, etc) and of course some pictures of the two of you together.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

What witness statement?

Evidence of having met in person would be; copies of your passport stamps (both passports, along with BIO page), copies of boarding passes, copies of receipt (hotel, dining, etc) and of course some pictures of the two of you together.

Witness statements for the K1 that she's planning to file in order to get me soon (maybe 2 years from now). 

I read somewhere that it helps with the approval. But it somehow requires us to have a picture together with the witness, which for the time being, isn't possible because our witnesses are either in the US (which I can't go to) or here in the PH (which she can't go to as well)

Any recommendations?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Leruj said:

Witness statements for the K1 that she's planning to file in order to get me soon (maybe 2 years from now). 

I read somewhere that it helps with the approval. But it somehow requires us to have a picture together with the witness, which for the time being, isn't possible because our witnesses are either in the US (which I can't go to) or here in the PH (which she can't go to as well)

Any recommendations?

Never heard of USCIS wanting a "witness statement" with the K-1 .. waste of time and paper.

USCIS wants hard evidence ... anyone can write a "statement".

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Never heard of USCIS wanting a "witness statement" with the K-1 .. waste of time and paper.

USCIS wants hard evidence ... anyone can write a "statement".

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html

I just saw through some guides saying that it would be nice to include that as well, to make the application more "solid" and "legitimate". 

We have a lot of people who know about us and are willing to provide a statement, our only problem is how do we get a picture together with out witness if my fiancee and I  can't be together for it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Listen to Hank...he's one of the best resources you will ever have available. Forget about the "witness statement", it is not part of the K-1 process. 

When COVID-19 travel restrictions allow it, you should meet your fiancé in a 3rd country (like SG). And then, file your I-129F petition with no delay.

Since your fiancé probably left behind some friends and family in the Philippines, there's at least a small chance that she would want to travel back there in the future. Obviously you will want to return to the Philippines, as well. So no reason not to pursue the dual citizenship.

Good luck to you guys. 

3 minutes ago, Matrix13 said:

Listen to Hank...he's one of the best resources you will ever have available. Forget about the "witness statement", it is not part of the K-1 process. 

When COVID-19 travel restrictions allow it, you should meet your fiancé in a 3rd country (like SG). And then, file your I-129F petition with no delay.

Since your fiancé probably left behind some friends and family in the Philippines, there's at least a small chance that she would want to travel back there in the future. Obviously you will want to return to the Philippines, as well. So no reason not to pursue the dual citizenship.

Good luck to you guys. 

Hi! 

Thanks for the insight as well. I find Hank to be super helpful, I know I ask alot, mainly because I have no idea how it works, but I want everything to run smoothly so I'm anxious. 

About the K1 witness statements, if it's not really needed then I guess that's great. We don't have to think about how to get pictures or anything for that matter.

Yes. At most we will be planning to go next year, most likely SG (it's supposed to be this year but got delayed)

We are in the middle of asking her mom for additional details regarding the dual citizenship, I have a feeling that her mother was naturalized before she was born, therefore both her parents are US citizens. Her mother just so happened to go back to the PH where she was left at a tender age of 2.

Her mother still hasn't confirmed it yet, I'll let you guys know once I have an update. 

Your insights have been very significant and helpful, the anxiety I feel is starting to become confidence. 

Thank you so much!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Leruj said:

I just saw through some guides saying that it would be nice to include that as well, to make the application more "solid" and "legitimate".   :no:  

We have a lot of people who know about us and are willing to provide a statement, our only problem is how do we get a picture together with out witness if my fiancee and I  can't be together for it?

I gave you a link for the petition process (I-129F is in the 2nd section down), what is needed is listed there, plus there is a link to USCIS for the I-129F form and the instructions sheet

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

34 minutes ago, Leruj said:

Thanks for the insight as well. I find Hank to be super helpful, I know I ask alot, mainly because I have no idea how it works, but I want everything to run smoothly so I'm anxious

If you don't want to listen to @Hank_ or follow the guides on here, at least familiarize yourself with the USCIS instructions and the checklist.  No need include anything frivolous.  The things that most people forget are proof of termination of prior marriages, proof of meeting (within 2 years of filing) and signed letters of intent from both parties.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

6 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you don't want to listen to @Hank_ or follow the guides on here, at least familiarize yourself with the USCIS instructions and the checklist.  No need include anything frivolous.  The things that most people forget are proof of termination of prior marriages, proof of meeting (within 2 years of filing) and signed letters of intent from both parties.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

I'm actually very thankful to Hank_. He/she had the answer to all our concerns, not just this one but also with my other post.

It wasn't my intention nor I didn't want to come across as the one who wouldn't listen  he/she provided so much comprehensive information regarding the matter, apologies if it looked like I wouldn't believe him/her. 

For the record, we are steering our application towards the guidelines Hank_ provided, I already told my fiancee not to include the "witness statements" because you guys said that it wasn't really necessary. 

Thank you so much to you guys who answered, I hope you stay safe during this pandemic, and that said, good luck to us!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Leruj said:

I'm actually very thankful to Hank_. He/she had the answer to all our concerns, not just this one but also with my other post.

It wasn't my intention nor I didn't want to come across as the one who wouldn't listen  he/she provided so much comprehensive information regarding the matter, apologies if it looked like I wouldn't believe him/her. 

For the record, we are steering our application towards the guidelines Hank_ provided, I already told my fiancee not to include the "witness statements" because you guys said that it wasn't really necessary. 

Thank you so much to you guys who answered, I hope you stay safe during this pandemic, and that said, good luck to us!

Its your petition so you can include any evidence you want.  The key is to provide the strongest evidence.   Notarized statements are regarded as about the weakest  evidence available 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Its your petition so you can include any evidence you want.  The key is to provide the strongest evidence.   Notarized statements are regarded as about the weakest  evidence available 

Thanks for your input!

And by strongest evidence I guess that would be our proof of meeting, receipts and boarding passes, hotel/booking, pictures together, and letters of intent to marry, right?

16 hours ago, Leruj said:

And by strongest evidence I guess that would be our proof of meeting, receipts and boarding passes, hotel/booking, pictures together, and letters of intent to marry, right?

The letters of intent to marry is a requirement for the petition, but is not part of the proof of meeting.

Strong evidence for the meeting requirement includes stuff like passport stamps, school records for the same school and year.

Tickets, hotel bookings, receipts, pictures are secondary evidence.  Anybody can book and pay for flights and hotels, while pictures don't prove meeting within 2 years of filing date.  Good to include along with stronger evidence listed above.

I agree with other posters that affidavits from third parties are next to worthless, unless you have no other evidence to submit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.