TVC

Is the lockdown over May 15th?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, TVC said:

I've read 100 articles but nothing definitive has come out. Really want to know if they are extending Manila's lockdown.

If you haven't found anything, than a decision hasn't been made and probably won't be made until closer to the 15th. Things will most definitely open slowly like they are in the States. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They just announced it. Metro Manila is still considered high-risk area and will be under modified lockdown (essentially same as before) until May 31st.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Broccoli Girl said:

They just announced it. Metro Manila is still considered high-risk area and will be under modified lockdown (essentially same as before) until May 31st.

Yep. Metro Manila, Cebu City and Laguna until May 31.

1 hour ago, AlaMike said:

I keep current by checking updates on Philstar.com. 

Philstar isnt the best.  I dont know if there is a way to PM here but if you want I can forwarded you the iSOS and/or iJet (worldcue) alerts that I get as part of my job.  I just need your email.  Its the latest and greatest info since the iJet alone yearly subscription costs $2000.  I get these for every country in the world as I manage the movement of our expats at work.

Also, US Embassy Manila is closed until at least beginning of June.  I think if a window of opportunity presents itself we need to jump on it asap and get the medical test or interview done or whatever you need to do.  We are seeing countries or areas of countries open up, but then seeing a spike in cases which will probably lead to another clamp down.  Philippines has 0 control over their situation at this time and continues to be a ticking time bomb.  They are just using old data, or dont have the means to accurately track the data.  However, and this is fact and not fake, if you are under 65, dont have significant health issues and dont live in a nursing home, the chances of you getting hospitalized or dying is near 0.  This is data that I also get as part of my job but the media has spun everything differently  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

4 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Philstar isnt the best.  I dont know if there is a way to PM here but if you want I can forwarded you the iSOS and/or iJet (worldcue) alerts that I get as part of my job.  I just need your email.  Its the latest and greatest info since the iJet alone yearly subscription costs $2000.  I get these for every country in the world as I manage the movement of our expats at work.

Also, US Embassy Manila is closed until at least beginning of June.  I think if a window of opportunity presents itself we need to jump on it asap and get the medical test or interview done or whatever you need to do.  We are seeing countries or areas of countries open up, but then seeing a spike in cases which will probably lead to another clamp down.  Philippines has 0 control over their situation at this time and continues to be a ticking time bomb.  They are just using old data, or dont have the means to accurately track the data.  However, and this is fact and not fake, if you are under 65, dont have significant health issues and dont live in a nursing home, the chances of you getting hospitalized or dying is near 0.  This is data that I also get as part of my job but the media has spun everything differently  

Never heard of the US Embassy closing.  You sure about that?

I bet you they are on as need basis and each case is evaluated case by case.  They may be closed for most visa interviews, but not actually closed as in not open.

5 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Never heard of the US Embassy closing.  You sure about that?

I bet you they are on as need basis and each case is evaluated case by case.  They may be closed for most visa interviews, but not actually closed as in not open.

10 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

They are not closed altogether but they are closed to visa interviews. So some people are equating that to being closed altogether. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

10 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

They are not closed altogether but they are closed to visa interviews. So some people are equating that to being closed altogether. 

Yes that is what I meant.  The Embassy itself is open for limited service but for visa interviews, they are closed until at least early June.  Sorry for the confusion.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

2 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Yes that is what I meant.  The Embassy itself is open for limited service but for visa interviews, they are closed until at least early June.  Sorry for the confusion.  

Not a problem at all. But I have been seeing that a lot on a FB immigration group for Filipinos

7 hours ago, Milmauka said:

@flicks1998

Can you post your iSOS and iJET info here so we all can benefit?

Hello Milmauka,

Unfortunately I cant post these reports publicly as it would be against the user agreements and if for some reason I lost access I wouldnt be able to do my job.  Even sending them to an email technically isnt allowed but a bit more discrete.  The latest reports just have the ECQ, GCQ information by province etc.  Its useful in the since that all the information is in one place.  During this period, the amount of mis-information is enormous as alot of things are just speculation as no one has a similar incident to compare to, so this information I work with cuts through all the BS and nonsense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.