8 posts in this topic

Our paperwork has been sitting at NVC since August because my husband is being transferred to Germany for his job. However, because of where he is from, it has taken months and months and still no work visa, now the pandemic and everything is closed. The German embassy keeps telling him he has not been turned down for the visa, just that it takes time. There are a few others in the same boat. He was originally scheduled to interview in Abu Dhabi because he was living and working in Dubai. However, he went back to Pakistan to wait for his German work visa, which he still does not have. Since time is passing (our year to respond will come in early August, 2020), we decided to just go ahead and have him interview in Abu Dhabi because of all this mess in the world. Well, when filling out the forms, we were going to file online. We did the Affidavit of Support with no problem. However, when it came time to complete his DS-260 online, a glitch in the program kept knocking us out of the form for hours and hours. It would not accept the part that asks if he has ever lived in another country (he has). So, not wanting to leave anything out and them think we were hiding something, we printed it out, wrote a note about where he had lived and that the online form would not work, and sent it in. Well, here's the thing. We have NOT submitted his pictures, passport, etc.,  yet. We assumed there would be a place to attach them, so I didn't send them with the printed out forms. Now I'm afraid we have totally messed up, as I went back again and it says to only send in one envelope, which we have already done. I don't see anywhere to send the pics without them being attached to another document, which did not happen when we submitted his DS-260. When I go to CEAC to try to check our case, a small box comes up and blocks going forward. It tells us what we need to do generically , so I can't even check if they received our papers, either online or our packet since when I close this box, the program goes right back to make you sign in again. I realize they are probably closed, but it would be helpful to be able to go forward on that site. Would it be better to email the documents or send them to the Lockbox in a second envelope? It seems this will never end. We have now been together over 9 years. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading through this long post.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

Our paperwork has been sitting at NVC since August because my husband is being transferred to Germany for his job. However, because of where he is from, it has taken months and months and still no work visa, now the pandemic and everything is closed. The German embassy keeps telling him he has not been turned down for the visa, just that it takes time. There are a few others in the same boat. He was originally scheduled to interview in Abu Dhabi because he was living and working in Dubai. However, he went back to Pakistan to wait for his German work visa, which he still does not have. Since time is passing (our year to respond will come in early August, 2020), we decided to just go ahead and have him interview in Abu Dhabi because of all this mess in the world. Well, when filling out the forms, we were going to file online. We did the Affidavit of Support with no problem. However, when it came time to complete his DS-260 online, a glitch in the program kept knocking us out of the form for hours and hours. It would not accept the part that asks if he has ever lived in another country (he has). So, not wanting to leave anything out and them think we were hiding something, we printed it out, wrote a note about where he had lived and that the online form would not work, and sent it in. Well, here's the thing. We have NOT submitted his pictures, passport, etc.,  yet. We assumed there would be a place to attach them, so I didn't send them with the printed out forms. Now I'm afraid we have totally messed up, as I went back again and it says to only send in one envelope, which we have already done. I don't see anywhere to send the pics without them being attached to another document, which did not happen when we submitted his DS-260. When I go to CEAC to try to check our case, a small box comes up and blocks going forward. It tells us what we need to do generically , so I can't even check if they received our papers, either online or our packet since when I close this box, the program goes right back to make you sign in again. I realize they are probably closed, but it would be helpful to be able to go forward on that site. Would it be better to email the documents or send them to the Lockbox in a second envelope? It seems this will never end. We have now been together over 9 years. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading through this long post.

NVC is open, you can call them and inquire :) 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, Love To Teach said:

In addition to providing missing documents, you would need to correct his country of residence to Pakistan because he no longer lives in Abu Dhabi and he doesn’t have Germany visa. You should contact NVC and time explain the situation.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

13 hours ago, onek said:

In addition to providing missing documents, you would need to correct his country of residence to Pakistan because he no longer lives in Abu Dhabi and he doesn’t have Germany visa. You should contact NVC and time explain the situation.

He is returning next week to Dubai to work until he gets his German visa. How should I contact NVC, a letter maybe explaining?

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
52 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

He is returning next week to Dubai to work until he gets his German visa. How should I contact NVC, a letter maybe explaining?

Pakistan has international flight ban till May 25 at least.

To contact NVC, you can call them.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

1 hour ago, onek said:

Pakistan has international flight ban till May 25 at least.

To contact NVC, you can call them.

They have reduced it to one per day to Dubai from Pakistan. He has been delayed twice, but is supposed to fly there from Pakistan on Saturday, since he works there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why did he go to Pakistan, would have seemed simpler to wait and work in Dubai.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

He says once you have a new contract for another country, they don't let you hang around and work until you get the next visa. However, in this case, since it has taken so long to get a German work visa, they let him come back to work in Dubai until that visa comes through because he has been waiting so long. I asked him the same question. I guess it's kind of like here, you can't work as long as you want if you have another job. I have a second question. 

What if he makes an appointment to have an interview in Dubai, then gets his German visa and has to move quickly to Germany? His boss has been anxiously awaiting him coming to Germany, as he will be his assistant manager. It would probably be another major delay to change to an interview in Germany. I am sooo over this immigration stuff! Like the military, hurry up and wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.