Gary137

NVC approved, waiting to be transferred to embassy

23 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Lexushim said:

A question. I have read on this forum that many times the CO asks for docs to be uploaded on CEAC at the interview and put on AP.. is it a good idea to upload the current year docs like AOS/Tax transcript/Income etc to CEAC before the interview and after DQ'd? Will this speed up the process/(CO will have everything already at the interview)...?

You’d need to clarify this with someone but if I were to go through the process again (which I would do almost anything to avoid), I would upload anything I thought the CO might reasonably require. In my case, I was put on AP after my interview due to the fact I was missing a Chinese Police Check, something that is entirely impossible for me to get. Since the interview, I have uploaded various pieces of evidence outlining the lengths I went to try and obtain this document and while I have no idea if uploading these beforehand would have made any difference, I would say it’s worth a shot.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:36 PM, Gary137 said:

Hi, happy to oblige however, I’m not sure how much it will help given the fact I actually applied for and was granted an expedited interview. I sent the request for an expedite on the 3rd July which was accepted 2 weeks later.  After that, I was able to book an interview for the 17th August which I attended however, due a missing document, I was given a temporary 221(g) refusal that will be rectified (hopefully) once they receive and consider this document. Im my case, it’s not a document I can actually get hold of so I’ve had to explain my situation, with evidence and hope they understand. I sent all that last week so now, once again, its just a case of waiting around in the dark. I hope the remainder of your case goes a little smoother!

Hello,

Did you file the expedite request with the NVC? Because we have our file stuck at the NVC and the embassy says they can't expedite until the file gets to them. So I'm trying to find out if it's possible to expedite with the NVC directly to an interview appointment 

2 minutes ago, Aman123 said:

Hello,

Did you file the expedite request with the NVC? Because we have our file stuck at the NVC and the embassy says they can't expedite until the file gets to them. So I'm trying to find out if it's possible to expedite with the NVC directly to an interview appointment 

This is the email address I sent my request to. Hope it helps.

NVCExpedite@state.gov

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Adding our experience to this thread... We've been DQ'd since June 15. We set up the interview online, it said that the case wasn't there yet so we emailed them and they wrote back saying to try again. First interview was cancelled. Second was today. My wife just got back and they said that the case isn't at the embassy yet! Nuts! 

I'm on the phone with the nvc now. I sent an expedite request to the email with details of the reason why (I have a job starting on next Monday). 

I can't understand why it has taken so many months for the nvc to send out case to the embassy. I think we're not the only ones, but this is nuts... I'll post here what the nvc says. 

USCIS Stage:

• Nov 12 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • Dec 17 2019: I-129f Received
  • May 15 2020: I-130 Approved!

NVC Stage:

• May 16 2020: Case Created
  • May 16 2020: Fees Paid
  • May 22 2020: Sent IV & AOS Packages
  • May 29 2020: Request for more documents (proof of assets)
  • May 30 2020: Resubmitted NVC documents
  • June 15, 2020: DQ'd! 

Timeline

Alright, two hours later they picked up. They said that the embassy isn't conducting interviews now so they haven't sent the case to the embassy. This is false because the embassy set up our interview. 

Anyway, just sent and email to expedite the process. Hope that works. Maddening... 

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Timeline

Woah! Talk about a quick reply. They finally forwarded our case to the embassy. Received an email at 2am with the details. Now to expedite the interview date. They gave us a date over a month away. 

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, my NVC case just got approved today and they are currently now arranging a date for my interview. However, I have a concern as I have booked a flight to the USA for Christmas in December to visit my wife but will be coming back in early Jan. Is there any complications in doing this? FYI I have done this back in July 2020, as we are exempt from the travel ban due to us being married to a US spouse.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.