Siddsgal

Another cancelled flight

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Had my rescheduled flight to be with my husband cancelled again😭.
United Airlines has cancelled flights to India until at least September 7th now. Sure am hoping that this isn’t because they have information that makes them expect India to be lockdowned that long!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Siddsgal said:

United Airlines has cancelled flights to India until at least September 7th now. Sure am hoping that this isn’t because they have information that makes them expect India to be lockdowned that long!!

You can try to travel through a third country which still has flights to the US, if you can reach one.

India has a very large, mostly poor, population who live in very close quarters. Even more, there's not much Covid-19 testing to paint a clear picture of infection rates. It's only prudent to slow down travel from there.

I work for an airline (but not United). No, we don’t have any information on when lockdowns will end. We have the same information as everyone else. Many route cancellations are commercially motivated. Even once restrictions are lifted it will take many, many months for full flight capacity to resume. Many people have lost jobs, had to take payment breaks on their mortgages and rents, car payments, etc. Once restrictions are lifted many people won’t be in a position to take overseas trips and certainly not in the immediate future (people may start to make plans for next year but flights this fall/winter will still be below regular capacity). Many carriers are cutting routes into September and October already.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, Siddsgal said:

Hi, I was just curious where did you hear flights to India was closed through September 7th? I also was planning to travel to see my husband sometime in June. This is a horrible situation we are all in.

Best of luck and waiting on your reply. Thanks in advance.

Timeline

Just a wild thought: There are repatriation flights to the US from India (https://in.usembassy.gov/repatriation-flight-faqs/). The inbound flights to India must be probably flying empty. In case the lockdown extends into September (highly unlikely). This might be a route to explore. You may need approvals in addition to your visa. 

Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 1:40 PM, stefanie.namaste said:

Hi, I was just curious where did you hear flights to India was closed through September 7th? I also was planning to travel to see my husband sometime in June. This is a horrible situation we are all in.

Best of luck and waiting on your reply. Thanks in advance.

I was told that from United when I messaged them on Twitter. I still haven’t seen anything official posted about India flights being cancelled till Sep 7th with United but when search, their flights are all gone. Lufthansa and Swiss are still showing flights but there are rumors of India not opening till Diwali now😢. 
Since we are at NVC, now are realizing that the next trip I get to make over there may be for my hubby’s interview. 
This is really tough isn’t it, it’s one thing for our spouse to not be able to come to us but not being able to go to them makes staying hopeful really hard. I’m sorry you are also in this situation!

Timeline

I just booked my flight for July 6th for 3 weeks on United. Hopefully it will not be cancelled or changed and hopefully interview date will come soon to change the flight.

I PM you yesterday. Please keep in touch. Is your hubby in Mumbai?

Timeline

I'm so glad you got approved this quickly. Gods divine timing for you both. Is your husband Punjabi?

Edited by stefanie.namaste

Timeline
3 minutes ago, stefanie.namaste said:

I just booked my flight for July 6th for 3 weeks on United. Hopefully it will not be cancelled or changed and hopefully interview date will come soon to change the flight.

I PM you yesterday. Please keep in touch. Is your hubby in Mumbai?

I’m sorry I haven’t responded, I don’t come on here everyday or I start going crazy 😂 

I’ll check my messages in a bit. 
Yep, hubby is sorta in Mumbai lol. He’s in Dombivali. It’s cool to see another gal with a husband in India, not many of us! 

Timeline

I don't come on to often also. Please check your messages as this is the best way for me to stay in touch. I'm still learning how to navigate this site lol

Timeline
2 minutes ago, stefanie.namaste said:

I don't come on to often also. Please check your messages as this is the best way for me to stay in touch. I'm still learning how to navigate this site lol

Im sorry, I don’t see any messages from you🤔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.