Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2021 at 10:38 AM, rams_usa said:

Called USCIS just now. They said to open another SR (3rd SR)  next week and wait for 30 days. If I don't hear for the 3rd SR after 30 days, then she said that it will be escalated to L2 officer. Their policy is to have 3 un responded SR's before escalating it to L2/Visa officer.

Just got an update on my SR.

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the National Benefits Center.

Not sure what this means. Any one has experience on this ? 

4 hours ago, rams_usa said:

Just got an update on my SR.

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the National Benefits Center.

Not sure what this means. Any one has experience on this ? 

I got the same response for mine few days back. It looks like all our cases are pending at NBC and they are waiting on National Records Center to get some files. So Our filed office is waiting on NBC and they are waiting on NRC. Not sure when this situation will be resolved.

6 hours ago, ptMay2020 said:

I got the same response for mine few days back. It looks like all our cases are pending at NBC and they are waiting on National Records Center to get some files. So Our filed office is waiting on NBC and they are waiting on NRC. Not sure when this situation will be resolved.

Ok. Does anyone have timeline for interview once the case is in NBC ?

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
16 hours ago, rams_usa said:

Ok. Does anyone have timeline for interview once the case is in NBC ?

Unless the records come in from the FRC ( which is still working under covid protocols i.e. partially closed and therefore under staffed), you are looking at further delays..we are all in the same boat

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, roddie2k said:

@rams_usa there is a whole thread on this subject over here

Hey Roddie

i saw that you asked me on another post how I knew FRC were now reopened?

this is the link I was looking at: https://www.archives.gov/frc/operating-status

if I remember well, it used to say closed on a few of them.

I’m not sure if it’s a good sign or not but I hope it is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Update: A few days ago I received a response to my online SR:

Our records indicate that your application is pending consideration and we will contact you in writing if any additional information is necessary to resolve your case. We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.

So the wait continues. Hope to have it done by next Summer.

12/2003 - Married in US
01/2004 - I-130/I-485/I-765 Filed
02/2005 - Conditional LPR Approved
03/2007 - LPR Conditions Removed and life without the USCIS was great until...
11/2016 - LPR Renewed

05/2020 - N-400 Filed Online

06/2022 - Citizenship Ceremony

10/2022 - Divorce!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, YtsejaM said:

Update: A few days ago I received a response to my online SR:

Our records indicate that your application is pending consideration and we will contact you in writing if any additional information is necessary to resolve your case. We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.

So the wait continues. Hope to have it done by next Summer.

Assuming you filed in May 2020, I don't understand why you should be ok with waiting till next summer - you have not been given a concrete reason on why this is happening , especially after paying a good sum of money to the USCIS to carry out their job. This is clearly unacceptable. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

Assuming you filed in May 2020, I don't understand why you should be ok with waiting till next summer - you have not been given a concrete reason on why this is happening , especially after paying a good sum of money to the USCIS to carry out their job. This is clearly unacceptable. 

Oh I thoroughly agree! But my tongue-in-cheek comment was a reflection of how the bureaucracy expects me to feel about this.

12/2003 - Married in US
01/2004 - I-130/I-485/I-765 Filed
02/2005 - Conditional LPR Approved
03/2007 - LPR Conditions Removed and life without the USCIS was great until...
11/2016 - LPR Renewed

05/2020 - N-400 Filed Online

06/2022 - Citizenship Ceremony

10/2022 - Divorce!

Got a response today from USCIS when requested by congressmen:

Part of the applicant's immigration file is being stored at the National Records Center. A request has been made for the record to be transferred, so that the applicant can be scheduled for a naturalization interview. However, very few of these file transfer requests are being fulfilled due to the NRC's closure. The case will be scheduled as soon as the NRC is able to release the file.

Timeline
10 hours ago, rams_usa said:

Got a response today from USCIS when requested by congressmen:

Part of the applicant's immigration file is being stored at the National Records Center. A request has been made for the record to be transferred, so that the applicant can be scheduled for a naturalization interview. However, very few of these file transfer requests are being fulfilled due to the NRC's closure. The case will be scheduled as soon as the NRC is able to release the file.

Imagine having to deal with 2 incompetent government agencies? Oh that’s what where going through.

it was tough enough to deal only with Uscis but now the FRC’s. Any idea when they’ll be fully opened?

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

Imagine having to deal with 2 incompetent government agencies? Oh that’s what where going through.

it was tough enough to deal only with Uscis but now the FRC’s. Any idea when they’ll be fully opened?

On the FRC site it says Staff at all closed locations will respond to emergency requests for records.

-The question is how does one make the case for emergency requests? 

-Secondly, why is the affected population limited to  March/April/May 2020 filers ? Everyone's record goes to these facilities - I think we are missing something 

Also at 25% operating status (Phase 1) , its going to take a long while before they 'retrieve' all backlog requests.

Although not related , have a look at the issues they are already facing https://mcmorris.house.gov/posts/mcmorris-rodgers-doubles-down-on-efforts-to-fix-backlog-of-veterans-record-requests

Timeline
1 hour ago, roddie2k said:

On the FRC site it says Staff at all closed locations will respond to emergency requests for records.

-The question is how does one make the case for emergency requests? 

-Secondly, why is the affected population limited to  March/April/May 2020 filers ? Everyone's record goes to these facilities - I think we are missing something 

Also at 25% operating status (Phase 1) , its going to take a long while before they 'retrieve' all backlog requests.

Although not related , have a look at the issues they are already facing https://mcmorris.house.gov/posts/mcmorris-rodgers-doubles-down-on-efforts-to-fix-backlog-of-veterans-record-requests

I think Uscis has to buy that your case qualify as an emergency. At this point im

not even sure if being out of normal processing time would do. I feel like that a combination has to go right for it to happen, almost like winning the lottery.

i agree with you I’m not sure why it happens but it seems that only April/May 2020 filers are affected..

ah good read but it’s not good news for us. There’s probably a many more than one other agency needing their files.

1 hour ago, roddie2k said:

I agree, there must be more to the story. If it was just a backlog/slow operation, surely all applications from all submission dates would be similarly affected.

In 2020, when the USPS was suffering delays, there were news stories about containers and trucks full of unsorted mail. If there is a similar situation here (e.g. if Spring 2020 records requests were never dealt with and are literally sat in a pile somewhere, whereas later requests are seeing processing), obviously somebody in power needs to get handle on it and take decisive action. Right now, it feels as if the only thing being sent onwards to the next department is blame.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, whatsawotsit said:

I agree, there must be more to the story. If it was just a backlog/slow operation, surely all applications from all submission dates would be similarly affected.

In 2020, when the USPS was suffering delays, there were news stories about containers and trucks full of unsorted mail. If there is a similar situation here (e.g. if Spring 2020 records requests were never dealt with and are literally sat in a pile somewhere, whereas later requests are seeing processing), obviously somebody in power needs to get handle on it and take decisive action. Right now, it feels as if the only thing being sent onwards to the next department is blame.

I would agree with you -except for the fact that there are a good number of spring 2020 filers who have seen through the entire process. Maybe it's Field office specific backlog?

Personally, I'm not able to take any action right now (barring excruciating calls to  USCIS ), since my case is still within the standard processing times of my Field office. I expect to get a similar standard response upon enquiry, once that time is up. 

On another thread I collated a list of possible actions to take once outside of processing time :

a. Sending e-request to USCIS 

b. Contacting your local Congressman

c. Contacting your State Senator 

d. Contacting USCIS Ombudsman

e. Contacting the White house 

f. Scheduling an InfoPass appointment

g. Consulting with an attorney /filing writ mandamus

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.