Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, BerakDicelana said:

No, thankfully they sent the email about 5 days early.

I'd said dont worry much about it. It just probably they pushed my slot for more priority/urgent matter. 🙂

I'm kinda freaking out because I really don't want to wake up at 5am to drive to my appointment so I can get turned away 🙃

2 hours ago, MindHunter said:

I can’t view my documents, status or history on my N400 account , any body here same as me?

I can see my hubby's documents, status, and history in his N-400 account, but the USCIS "Ask Emma" chatbot isn't working. There must be something wonky with their system today.

Edited by Linyahui

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I had my interview this morning at Portland, OR office. It went very well and only took 15 minutes or so (I had to wait to be called for 30 minutes though). Almost every officer that entered the waiting room to call someone for an interview seemed nice and friendly. The officer that was interviewing me was super nice and everything felt more like a chat with an acquaintance rather than an official interview. We even chatted about our cats lol 

My journey is almost over and it feels quite strange for some reason. The Oath ceremony is scheduled for 8:45 am this Thursday. After that, I will officially become an American citizen. Yay! ☺️

The civics test questions that I was asked:

1) What is freedom of religion?

2) Who is the governor of your state? ( I recently moved to WA so I named both, OR and WA states governors.)

3) Who was the first president?

4) Who is the president of the USA now?

5) Name one state that borders Canada (I said Maine because I lived in New England for a while and the officer was really surprised because most applicants say WA state since it's right next to Oregon.)

6) Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states? 

Edited by Lettyana

__N-400__

May 5, 2020 Filed N-400 online 

May 6, 2020 NOA was sent to me. Estimated case completion time December 2020 (7 months)

May 11, 2020 A hard copy of NOA was received

December 22, 2020 Biometric reuse notice was issued

December 31, 2020 A hard copy of the biometric reuse notice was received

February 4, 2021 Received an update online that the interview is scheduled for March 16th

February 8, 2021 A hard copy of the interview letter was received

March 16, 2021 The interview was completed successfully 

March186 2021 The Oath Ceremony and the end of my immigration journey 😊

___ROC___

Spoiler

June 13, 2017 I-751 Package sent June 15, 2017 Package delivered to VSC

June 20, 2017 Check cashed June 22, 2017 NOA-1 received (dated June 16th)

July 7, 2017    Biometrics Appointment letter received  July 20, 2017  Biometrics done August 6, 2018 "New Card is being produced" 

August 9, 2018 "Card was mailed to you"  August 11, 2018 New card was delivered to an old address by USCIS's mistake

August 13, 2018 Brother-in-law went to our old residence to pick up a card from the current residents August 16, 2018 Card was mailed to me 

August 18, 2018 10-year Green Card received 

___AOS___

Spoiler

March 3, 2015 AOS (I-485, I-130 & I-765) package sent to Chicago Lockbox                          

March 6, 2015, The package delivered to Chicago Lockbox
March 12, 2015, AOS package was accepted on March 9th and was routed to National Benefits Center 

March 17, 2015, Hard copies of NOA1 received for all the forms                     March 20, 2015, Biometrics letter received with the appointment on April 3
March 28, 2015, Email notification for I-485 RFE received                                 April 3, 2015, Successful biometrics
April 3, 2015, Hard copy of RFE received                                                              April 17, 2015, RFE respond sent 

April 22, 2015, RFE response received by USCIS                                                 May 20, 2015, EAD approved
May 26, 2015, Hard copy of NOA2 for I-765 received                                         May 27, 2015, EAD was mailed to me
May 29, 2015, EAD received                                                                 June 15, 2015, Hard copy of NOA2 for I-485 received. Interview scheduled for July 21  June 18, 2015, Interview was canceled                                             June 27, 2015, Hard copy of NOA2 received. New interview date is July 27
July 27, 2015, Interview completed. Approved on the spot
July 28, 2015, Got texts and emails for case updates. Form I-130: the petition was approved. Form I-485: new card has been ordered and welcome notice was mailed
August 3, 2015, Welcome notice and NOA2 for I-130 received      August 20, 2015, Email notification "Card has been mailed"
August 22, 2015, Green Card received

image.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Zaidba said:

Yes, everything is back to normal. I was hoping to have an update in status, but nothing just the same application received and receipt emailed😅

That is the same for me. 🥺

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I just had my naturalization interview at Atlanta office. It went well, I got to the place around 7:20 and I was already out by 8:20. My husband couldn't come in with me. The lady that interviewed me was nice, only asked for my green card and driving licence, didn't ask for anything else when it comes to documentation. 

The questions I were asked was:

What is the rule of law?

What is one right or freedom from the first amendment?

Who is your senator now?

Name 2 US holidays

What is the political party of the President now?

What major event happened on September 11 2001 in the United States?

Then she told me to read the sentence 'when is the columbus day?" and write down "columbus day is in October". Then proceed asked me bunch of questions like are you a terrorist have you ever committed a crime etc. After that she asked me couple questions about me and my husband such as date of birth, where do we live what do we do etc. 

Overall pretty good experience. She told me she will recommend me for an approval and gave me a piece of paper saying I passed. She said I will receive a letter in the mail for an oath ceremony within a month! Almost there so happy! Good luck everyone! ❤️

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, MindHunter said:

Yep the same, everything is back no updates!

Just checked mine a few moments ago and still the same. 

No update in case status, just that my application was received and a notice sent. 

In documents, my bio reuse dated Jan 20/2021. 

*sigh* that's been almost three months. 

No point in calling, I'll just be told to keep waiting. 

Fingers crossed something will happen soon. 

Edited by magentahaze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, magentahaze said:

Just checked mine a few moments ago and still the same. 

No update in case status, just that my application was received and a notice sent. 

In documents, my bio reuse dated Jan 20/2021. 

*sigh* that's been almost three months. 

No point in calling, I'll just be told to keep waiting. 

Fingers crossed something will happen soon. 

Same here, filled in May 2020, bio reuse date Jan 20/2021 and so far no further updates for almost two months...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

My sincere gratitude for all the help that you offered in these months leading up to my husband's Citizenship interview. Our journey has come to an end! March 16th was my husband's interview. Here's a little about our experience: If you are scheduled for the Fairfax office, there is free parking in front of the building. But it is limited, so you must arrive early. My husband went to the entrance 15 minutes before his interview as instructed in the letter.

He said that he was let in and passed through security. Here is the interesting thing: you are not only allowed to have your cellphone, but it is the way you will be called for the interview. My husband turned his off and the IO had to walk downstairs to get him. Oops. 

He said that she was EXTREMELY friendly. She made him feel at ease.

She started right away with the civic questions. From what he could remember they were:

• Who is the father of our country?
  • Name one Native American tribe.
  • Name one branch of the federal government.
  • What is one freedom guaranteed in the Bill of Rights?

He couldn't remember the others. But he got them all right.

She told him to write on an iPad. "Everyone wants to vote."  I can't remember what the reading question was.

She asked him about our last trip and got excited when he said Mexico. She's heard a lot about Tulum. 😄 She asked  about his current address, employment, job, what I do and where I work and she asked him about his history paying taxes. She didn't ask for our tax transcripts although we had them ready. She asked him about a traffic citation that he had and was pleased that he brought the original paperwork and fine payment receipt. So bring any paperwork. This makes a good impression. You all were right, she did not ask for my birth certificate at all. After that she asked the final oath questions (he had a modified oath), and cleared up some things on the form, then she congratulated him! We were over the moon when he told me the good news. I was waiting in the car. hahaha

Another thing to note Washington DC folks--the ceremony was the next day! So, it may be a good idea to take off two days from work instead of just one. We were very happy about this. We just booked another night at our hotel and called my husband's job. They were thrilled and happily gave him the day off. Today was the super quick oath ceremony. The officials apologized for a more subdued ceremony and congratulated each new citizen. And then we were on our way! 

It's absolutely surreal that his journey from K1 visa holder to citizen is over just like that! This site has been an immense help! Thank you to each one of you for help, answers and reviews. We could not have done it so affordably without you. For those still waiting, I wish you the best. You're at the final stretch. I'm happy to answer any questions. 

A peaceful journey to all!

K-1 Visa Journey

December 8, 2009 - Met in Monterrey, Mexico
December 28, 2010 - Officially started dating!
July 2,2011 - He proposed in Downtown Monterrey, Mexico, I accepted
September 16, 2011 - Mailed I-129F Application
September 19, 2011 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockbox
September 22, 2011 - NOA1
September 24, 2011 - Check cashed!
September 26, 2011 - NOA1 hard copy arrived in the mail
January 3, 2012 - NOA2 email and text message!
January 6, 2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy arrived in the mail.
February 16, 2012 - Packet 3 (invitation letter) arrives in the mail.
March 12, 2012 - ASC Appointment
March 15, 2012 - Interview at Consulate in CDJ.
March 15, 2012 - Approved!
April 18, 2012 - POE - Houston, Texas
June 9, 2012 - Married!

Adjustment of Status Journey
July 26, 2012 - Mailed AOS Application
August 1, 2012 - NOA1
August 2, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter
August 16, 2012 - Received Hard Copy of NOA1
August 23, 2012 - Biometrics
September 25, 2012 - Approved I131
September 25, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card sent to production
October 3, 2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

April 29, 2013 - AOS Approved Without Interview!

May 6, 2013 - Card arrived in the mail

ROC Journey

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.