11 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

I have a couple of questions about evidence of our marriage/relationship for the I-130. The evidence asked for on the online I-130 asked just for marriage related things like certificate, tenancy documents, Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union (which I guess can include photos of wedding ceremony receipts of wedding and rings) which I can provide. 

Although, the beginning of our relationship before my wife came to Australia, we were long distance. Most of our chats happened over different platforms like Tumblr, Viber (which I do not have logs for any more >__<) and iMessage and FaceTime calls. 
Question 1: Do I need to add chat/ call logs in as evidence of time spent while apart? I'm struggling to find this old information as it was about 4-5 years ago, I've only got little screenshots here and there. 

Question 2: Are photos and airline receipts enough evidence as I can easily source these or do I need whats mentioned in Q1?

Question 3: AM I reading too much into it all and should just provide marriage evidence?

Thanks in advance! 

Howdy!

Does your wife live with your in Australia now? If so, a lease agreement or mortgage would be HUGE evidence.

But to answer your questions.

Q1. No, time spent together is best. Not how you communicated etc. So photos and receipts of hotels, cafes, etc 

Q2. Yeh its evidence you spent time together, we included 1 or 2 airlines receipts. 

Q3 - maybe? They want to see your marriage is real. So prove that you've co-mingled your lives (lease agreements, joint bank accounts that get used, children together, insurances, big events (christmas, thanksgiving, easter, weddings etc) proof that you've met each other families etc. Photos are great evidence. 

Good luck!

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, PAGA&LAGA said:

Hi there, 

I have a couple of questions about evidence of our marriage/relationship for the I-130. The evidence asked for on the online I-130 asked just for marriage related things like certificate, tenancy documents, Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union (which I guess can include photos of wedding ceremony receipts of wedding and rings) which I can provide. 

Although, the beginning of our relationship before my wife came to Australia, we were long distance. Most of our chats happened over different platforms like Tumblr, Viber (which I do not have logs for any more >__<) and iMessage and FaceTime calls. 
Question 1: Do I need to add chat/ call logs in as evidence of time spent while apart? I'm struggling to find this old information as it was about 4-5 years ago, I've only got little screenshots here and there. 

Question 2: Are photos and airline receipts enough evidence as I can easily source these or do I need whats mentioned in Q1?

Question 3: AM I reading too much into it all and should just provide marriage evidence?

Thanks in advance! 

I wouldn't worry to much about chats, some people send encyclopedias, no way they're going to read that all, at the minimum if you want to send chats, just send some highlights.

Boarding passes are gold, the more the better.

Quality of photos are important, you'll want to try to have noticeable things in the background and with friends and family is a plus. Add notes to the photos.

Most people won't have evidence of co-mingling because they live in different countries. Plenty of people get approved without showing that, but it makes the other evidence more important to show.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

13 hours ago, zochu said:

Q1. No, time spent together is best. Not how you communicated etc. So photos and receipts of hotels, cafes, etc 

Q2. Yeh its evidence you spent time together, we included 1 or 2 airlines receipts. 

Q3 - maybe? They want to see your marriage is real. So prove that you've co-mingled your lives (lease agreements, joint bank accounts that get used, children together, insurances, big events (christmas, thanksgiving, easter, weddings etc) proof that you've met each other families etc. Photos are great evidence. 

Hi Zochu, 

Thanks for the reply!

Q1: Great, I can upload a few from our trips together and our lives here in Australia. 

Q2: I’ve got plenty of itineraries and boarding passes that I can scan and upload. 
Q3: we don’t have any joint bank accounts, but we have names on household bills and tenancy agreements as well. Do joint accounts hold weight that we should get one? 

Thanks again!

7 hours ago, MrHanky said:

I wouldn't worry to much about chats, some people send encyclopedias, no way they're going to read that all, at the minimum if you want to send chats, just send some highlights.

Boarding passes are gold, the more the better.

Quality of photos are important, you'll want to try to have noticeable things in the background and with friends and family is a plus. Add notes to the photos.

Most people won't have evidence of co-mingling because they live in different countries. Plenty of people get approved without showing that, but it makes the other evidence more important to show.

That’s great, I didn’t want to add in ALL the convos because who wants to read all of that anyway? Haha

I definitely have boarding passes, hotel receipts and itineraries that I can upload. 

We have loads of photos with family and friends from special occasions, so hopefully that’ll have some weight. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Flights and photos were the majority of my evidence.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

On 5/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, PAGA&LAGA said:

Hi Zochu, 

Thanks for the reply!

Q1: Great, I can upload a few from our trips together and our lives here in Australia. 

Q2: I’ve got plenty of itineraries and boarding passes that I can scan and upload. 
Q3: we don’t have any joint bank accounts, but we have names on household bills and tenancy agreements as well. Do joint accounts hold weight that we should get one? 

Thanks again!

Joint accounts and regular use of them show that you've co-mingled your finances. there would be no point in making a joint account with no activity, right?

We had a joint australian account that we had my pay go into and that we both used for around 9 months and provided a bank statement that was 27 pages. So, you can only upload what evidence you do have. getting a joint account with no activity is not helpful.. 

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

Two easy ones...  put her as NOK and emergency contact at work then print it off as evidence, along with beneficiary for superannuation 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

20 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

Two easy ones...  put her as NOK and emergency contact at work then print it off as evidence, along with beneficiary for superannuation 

Already done! 

I’ll just get it all printed off and use it as evidence. 

Thanks for the extra tip!

3 hours ago, PAGA&LAGA said:

Already done! 

I’ll just get it all printed off and use it as evidence. 

Thanks for the extra tip!

The $25 WILL pack at Aus post is another that’s easy to do and will assist in proving bonified.. RTA stick the car, bike, boat etc in both names.. heaps of options available in Aus to show commingling, if can’t get a joint account

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 5/1/2020 at 2:51 AM, PAGA&LAGA said:

Hi there, 

Thanks in advance! 

Just get marriage certificate, wedding photos, any utility bill that shows your name, evidence of a joint account- amount does not matter here. Send the application and get approved. Simple.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.