1,612 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, marianabrasil said:

Same story here too! Last time I talk to a tier officer I was told that the inquiry for out of processing times consist in a request of information for status and does not generate an action, like schedule an appointment.

I`m just repeating what I was told, I do not know if that information is correct. But I`m for sure very disappointed. Basically it does not make any difference.

I called a week ago because on the USCIS website it says that if you hear nothing from 90 days after your local ASC opening that you should call. I couldn't find when my local (Portland) ASC reopened and the lady on the phone told me to call back on October 20th as the ASC reopened July 20th. I don't have high hopes but its something. I pray that there is news for all of us in the near future. 

2 minutes ago, Tnorfotkcab said:

I called a week ago because on the USCIS website it says that if you hear nothing from 90 days after your local ASC opening that you should call. I couldn't find when my local (Portland) ASC reopened and the lady on the phone told me to call back on October 20th as the ASC reopened July 20th. I don't have high hopes but its something. I pray that there is news for all of us in the near future. 

So... I didn’t hear anything  from 90 days after my local ASC opened. I called, talked to a tier 2

officer and I was said the 90 days means absolutely nothing. And there was nothing to be done. That was my experience. 

No biometrics yet, so I called USCIS very early today and the rep put in a service request because the ASC has been open for more than 90 days. According to the rep this will take 15-30 days... What an incredibly long and inefficient process. 🥱.. It is exhausting but you have to keep your peckers up people!

Edited by Akrapovic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Akrapovic said:

No biometrics yet, so I called USCIS very early today and the rep put in a service request because the ASC has been open for more than 90 days. According to the rep this will take 15-30 days... What an incredibly long and inefficient process. 🥱.. It is exhausting but you have to keep your peckers up people!

We both share the same timeline!!Did you talk to tier-1 or tier-2?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Akrapovic said:

Tier 1 was enough. I was ready to ask for a Tier 2 if the Tier 1 hadn't put in a service request. When did your ASC open?

My ASC opened on 29th July! Let me know how it goes,but I'll try to call too!

3 hours ago, Akrapovic said:

How long did it take to connect with a rep?

On 10/7/2020 at 6:30 PM, JACKP said:

Same here , I was able to talk to tier 2 officer as well and he told me the same thing . Although I asked him what should I do if 90 days passes and i still don't hear anything . His reply was , if ASC doesn't have slots then it can take more then 90 days . Which circles and bring us too the same point . Soooo frustrating !!

I asked my lawyer to mail uscis, which he did today and guess what he got a reply that they schedule the B appointment on 13th next month. Write an email, hopefully it work for you guys.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:20 AM, Jandev said:

I implore you to call and request a tier 2 officer.  I had been sitting and waiting snd calling and they kept telling me the same 90 day story.  There has been no update online but I finally got a tier 2 officer last Friday and was told my biometrics date had passed from august 25.  So don’t just sit and wait call and request to speak with a tier 2.  I got my date reschedule and there is still no update online.  I even called back and have them emailed me the biometrics notice.  So now I’m all set

My paperwork date was 5/1

Ok good we have the same date so have you gotten your biometrics done yet? 

EAD just got delivered. So very thankful it wasn't lost in the mail as apparently I would have had to reapply. Fingers crossed I get my green card before it expires next September! Come onnnn Washington DC ASC!

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Spoke with the national benefits center today again after they told us to check back after two weeks, two weeks ago. So what we were told before by a tier two was if we weren't scheduled by the end of this month they would schedule a biometric appointment for us. Now that its getting closer to the date they said we should have working papers in hand by the end of the year!! WTH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

So I haven’t heard any approval notice from my I-131 or I-765 application, however, I received the interview notice for my I-485 today...that’s interesting that my I-485 is moving faster than the other 2 applications...but that’s a very pleasant surprise.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Joliec said:

So I haven’t heard any approval notice from my I-131 or I-765 application, however, I received the interview notice for my I-485 today...that’s interesting that my I-485 is moving faster than the other 2 applications...but that’s a very pleasant surprise.

Congratulations! My lawyer had told us that they were bypassing some 765 and going straight to 485 interviews. Good luck! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.