1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Rara30 said:

Hi there! I was wondering if any other May filers are in the same situation as me. I received my EAD and AP approval on Monday last week and received the card on Friday. I did my biometrics on August 26th but my 1-485 application is still on fingerprints applied. Should I be worried that the i-485 still hasn't had any progress since biometrics?

Probably still reviewing your file. My status changed fairly quickly to ready to schedule interview right after Fingerprint taken.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Are there any one still waiting on hearing a word from uscis? Our priority date is may 4th but we're still at the "case was received" stage. No biometrics, absolutely nothing has happened so far.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We haven't received any status updates since getting the biometrics done in Aug, but I checked through our informed delivery and see that we have a package coming from Lees Summit Production Facility...wonder if it could be the EAD card? 

13 minutes ago, Ally&Axel said:

Are there any one still waiting on hearing a word from uscis? Our priority date is may 4th but we're still at the "case was received" stage. No biometrics, absolutely nothing has happened so far.

Judging by the data on VJ roughly 40% of May filers have not been scheduled for fingerprints yet.  I believe that USCIS has been busy getting EAD/AP approved during September, for people that had their fingerprints done in August. Hopefully the tables will turn again soon and biometrics "resume".

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Akrapovic said:

Judging by the data on VJ roughly 40% of May filers have not been scheduled for fingerprints yet.  I believe that USCIS has been busy getting EAD/AP approved during September, for people that had their fingerprints done in August. Hopefully the tables will turn again soon and biometrics "resume".

Yes I hope so too. It's pretty unfair some people literally get their green card interview in 4 months while others have to wait longer only to get their biometrics.

Just now, Ally&Axel said:

Yes I hope so too. It's pretty unfair some people literally get their green card interview in 4 months while others have to wait longer only to get their biometrics.

Some locations have large backlogs so it mostly depends on where you are filing from.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kngyn said:

We haven't received any status updates since getting the biometrics done in Aug, but I checked through our informed delivery and see that we have a package coming from Lees Summit Production Facility...wonder if it could be the EAD card? 

Thats sounds like the EAD, thats where ours came from. We just received on Saturday. Our bio was aug 4

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, Jandev2015 said:

So today I finally got through to the uscis office and got a tier 2 officer for the first time only to be told my biometrics appointment was on August 25th.  I had been calling and checking so often and been told there was no date set for me yet.  This is so frustrating.  I applied on May 1st kept  wondering why I wasn’t hearing anything and so I kept calling now this is what I’m told today.  Anyway a new date was set for me for October 14.  My advice anyone who hasn’t heard anything keep calling cause none of their things online seems up to date 

Did tier 2 call you back or did you just wait for them. Called today and was transferred to tier 2 but could only schedule a call back. The estimated wait time was 806 minutes so 2-3 days. I’m not even expecting to hear back at all, just wondering if we are in the same boat.

5 hours ago, Rara30 said:

Hello! First time poster here. I got the exact same letters today too. From doing some research online I believe one is AP approval and one is EAD approval. I got my combo card last week and the envelope was much bigger and had "Priority Mail" written on it.

Please fill in your time line it helps people give you the very best answer should you have a question. Welcome to the thread!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, Kngyn said:

You got it that's it!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Anyone out there requested AP but no EAD that has insights on timelines? I got the approval notice in the mail today and wish to know when to expect the actual AP document.

thanks!

1 hour ago, Tmac88 said:

Did tier 2 call you back or did you just wait for them. Called today and was transferred to tier 2 but could only schedule a call back. The estimated wait time was 806 minutes so 2-3 days. I’m not even expecting to hear back at all, just wondering if we are in the same boat.

They called me back but my wait time was 106 minutes and I got the call the very same day maybe 2 hours later.  

10 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Sounds good - our mail doesn't show up until 6:30pm usually so keep me posted!

Hi all, just checked the mail, one is the approval notice for EAD (2 pages) and the other is for I-131, finally things are moving! :)

22 minutes ago, Eg8835 said:

Hi all, just checked the mail, one is the approval notice for EAD (2 pages) and the other is for I-131, finally things are moving! :)

Same here. A bit annoying as one is approval notice for EAD and advance parole, and the other is only for advance parole. I was hoping I had won the DC lottery and gotten an interview somehow!

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.