1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So we put in a call to USCIS to find out about our biometrics appointment (case received May 29, 2020) that is supposed to be local Detroit office. We were told we had to wait the 90 days from when they re-opened after Covid-19 (they opened July 20, 2020) to receive notice about biometrics appointment. LONG wait!!! Waiting on EAD and SSN so wife can start working. Frustrating delays. But....we are in it for the long haul! 

Oath ceremony completed (Detroit): 06/17/24

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Jandev2015 said:

So today I finally got through to the uscis office and got a tier 2 officer for the first time only to be told my biometrics appointment was on August 25th.  I had been calling and checking so often and been told there was no date set for me yet.  This is so frustrating.  I applied on May 1st kept  wondering why I wasn’t hearing anything and so I kept calling now this is what I’m told today.  Anyway a new date was set for me for October 14.  My advice anyone who hasn’t heard anything keep calling cause none of their things online seems up to date 

Try to do a walk-in before the 14th if you want things to go faster. Since you already have a date. That’s what I did. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

We received the tracking number for our EAD through informed delivery, it will be here on oct 5. Never updated on uscis just says Approved. Hopefully ssn will come on its own. If not we will give a few weeks then start calling to get that going. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Leonardo107 said:

We received the tracking number for our EAD through informed delivery, it will be here on oct 5. Never updated on uscis just says Approved. Hopefully ssn will come on its own. If not we will give a few weeks then start calling to get that going. 

Hi! Congrats on the EAD. How long after it changes to approved did you get the informed delivery notice?

Our AP changed to approved this morning so trying to get a sense of when we can expect to get it.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SergioPerez said:

Hi all,

Our 131 changed to “case was approved” this morning. We did not file 765. Does anyone know how long before I get the AP in the mail?

We have a trip planned and need to figure out if we have to postpone.

Thanks!!!

My combo card took just over a week after it changed to "Case was Approved"

Timeline
1 hour ago, SergioPerez said:

Hi! Congrats on the EAD. How long after it changes to approved did you get the informed delivery notice?

Our AP changed to approved this morning so trying to get a sense of when we can expect to get it.

Thanks!

Approved this monday sept 28, scheduled delivery for monday oct 5. So one week from approval to delivery if all goes well. 

5 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

Try to do a walk-in before the 14th if you want things to go faster. Since you already have a date. That’s what I did. 

Walk in without the letter? Would they let me in? 

5 hours ago, PhoenixNiro said:

So we put in a call to USCIS to find out about our biometrics appointment (case received May 29, 2020) that is supposed to be local Detroit office. We were told we had to wait the 90 days from when they re-opened after Covid-19 (they opened July 20, 2020) to receive notice about biometrics appointment. LONG wait!!! Waiting on EAD and SSN so wife can start working. Frustrating delays. But....we are in it for the long haul! 

Call back and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer cause you could already be scheduled for biometrics and they tell you that madness cause that’s what happened to me and I missed my appointment 

Edited by Jandev

16 hours ago, Jandev said:

Walk in without the letter? Would they let me in? 

Probably not right now because of Covid - In the past you used to be able to do walk ins, many who tried have been turned away recently. 

Timeline

My husbands EAD Card arrived today! So exciting. So only took 5 days after day of approval to in our hands. Now hopefully ssn comes soon.

I hope everyones cases start moving from here on out!

Also forgot to add we did not apply for AP so it is not a combo card. 

Edited by Leonardo107

Timeline
On 10/2/2020 at 7:51 AM, SergioPerez said:

Thanks!

We received our card today so only 5 days after approval till we had it in hand. Hopefully yours goes quickly as well! 

On 10/2/2020 at 9:19 AM, PhoenixNiro said:

Hi, me to waiting for the biometric appointment at Detroit, 90 days are ending on 20th October. My case was received on July 3rd, 2020. Hope we get it soon.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Two letters incoming from USCIS today, thank goodness I can read the most important part - EAD and AP approved as of  October  1 (no idea what the second letter is):

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 09.07.05.png

Congratulations! Is the second letter a different envelope? Or considered a package it could be your card we got ours 5 days after it was approved 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.