1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

If you receive your social security before your work authorization card, can you start working? 

The company which I was offered a position was willing to hire me just with a SSN in hands. I didn't have it at the moment. 

Now I've got the EAD in hands but still waiting for the SSN card. I'm incapable to work thus far. 

Edited by Ruan & Emmanuel

@taximan683

FYI  in order to get your wife a new Philippines   passport in her married name she will be required  to do a ROM Registration Of Marriage  through the Philippines Consulate in the US.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

@taximan683

FYI  in order to get your wife a new Philippines   passport in her married name she will be required  to do a ROM Registration Of Marriage  through the Philippines Consulate in the US.

Thanks Sarge! We just got that, but now I was worried about traveling to the Philippines. My wife is anxious to visit her family. It has been well over a year now in the US. I was thinking that if we had to get ID, change her passport and all that after we get AP then it could take another several weeks. I got my answer.

Received my combo card in the mail today!!! 

Submitted AOS application (K-1) May 23rd and received the three NOA's June 2nd (I-485, I-765 & I-131).

Biometrics was September 1st. My status for I-485 is still "Case Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

I feel like we've been pretty lucky with everything moving smoothly and quickly 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
7 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Submitted AOS application (K-1) May 23rd and received the three NOA's June 2nd (I-485, I-765 & I-131).

Biometrics was September 1st. My status for I-485 is still "Case Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

Congratulations! 

1 hour ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Very good, now you can get to work. You do have a SS card right?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

30 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Very good, now you can get to work. You do have a SS card right?

Yes, I do. I arrived in the USA March 3rd. I applied for my SS card the next day and we did our marriage ceremony March 6th...a week later...well, neither would have been possible!!. So we really can't complain, been very lucky with our process so far!

Edited by SeanDowney0309

2 hours ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Congratulations! Did you expedite also did something change in the tracker account?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
16 minutes ago, D.Salagubang said:

Btw guys today my husband and I we were able to setup a Joint account even tho I don't have a SSN or ITIN 🤗  in Wells Fargo it was really easy and in 30 minutes we were good to go.

Wells fargo is great, we did the same for my husband with out a ssn or itin as well. 

13 hours ago, D.Salagubang said:

Congratulations! Did you expedite also did something change in the tracker account?

Thank you . No I did not expedite. Do you mean the case status website? My I-131 still says "Case Was Approved" and I-765 says "My Card was Picked up by the United States Postal Service".

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

The company which I was offered a position was willing to hire me just with a SSN in hands. I didn't have it at the moment. 

Now I've got the EAD in hands but still waiting for the SSN card. I'm incapable to work thus far. 

WAaw I’m in the same situation. I have a company willing to hire me. But I don’t have a SSN yet and my biometrics is not even schedule yet. How long did you have to wait after you received the receipt/Notice of action for your I-765; I-131 and I-485 to receive another letter for the biometrics appointment? 

what did they ask you when you went applying for the social security card ? 

So today I finally got through to the uscis office and got a tier 2 officer for the first time only to be told my biometrics appointment was on August 25th.  I had been calling and checking so often and been told there was no date set for me yet.  This is so frustrating.  I applied on May 1st kept  wondering why I wasn’t hearing anything and so I kept calling now this is what I’m told today.  Anyway a new date was set for me for October 14.  My advice anyone who hasn’t heard anything keep calling cause none of their things online seems up to date 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.