1,612 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Indie2020 said:

And just now my I-131 was update to "Case Approved". Finally, things are moving.

And just like that I-765 went from "New Card Ordered" to "Case Approved". Just waiting for "Card Mailed" now..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Congratulations!!! Great news.  Which app is this?

Thank you! It is called case tracker. It looks like this2ED565BB-B954-4EBD-BEBA-9B0A89ADC5B4.jpeg.4c6287caf30115b7cf0e41451ef04748.jpeg

Edited by Leonardo107

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey y'all, 

I called SSA today (one week after my appointment). My name doesn't show up in their system yet. 

I had another job offer. Hopefully I'll receive the SSN card this week then will be able to start working. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey y'all, 

I called SSA today (one week after my appointment). My name doesn't show up in their system yet. 

I had another job offer. Hopefully I'll receive the SSN card this week then will be able to start working. 

I hope it gets straightened out soon! 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Leonardo107 said:

I hope it gets straightened out soon! 

If you receive your social security before your work authorization card, can you start working? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question about Advance Parole. My wife's Filipino passport is in her maiden name, but the Advance Parole will be in her married name - I'm assuming. Can we travel before she gets a new passport from the Philippines consulate? Or, does her passport have to match the combo card (assuming we get one - or the travel document). Is it enough to have the marriage certificate? One of the requirements from the Philippines Embassy is to present a US government issued ID which would be a green card or state ID. We can't get the state ID until we get the EAD, and then the passport will take two more months. Wondering if anyone has gone through this.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

I have a question about Advance Parole. My wife's Filipino passport is in her maiden name, but the Advance Parole will be in her married name - I'm assuming. Can we travel before she gets a new passport from the Philippines consulate? Or, does her passport have to match the combo card (assuming we get one - or the travel document). Is it enough to have the marriage certificate? One of the requirements from the Philippines Embassy is to present a US government issued ID which would be a green card or state ID. We can't get the state ID until we get the EAD, and then the passport will take two more months. Wondering if anyone has gone through this.

Ticket matches passport because that's the travel document.

AP will be used to enter the country. She will show the marriage certificate to the airline to prove the name change in case they ask about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Ticket matches passport because that's the travel document.

AP will be used to enter the country. She will show the marriage certificate to the airline to prove the name change in case they ask about it.

So when returning we show her passport, AP and marriage certificate to enter the USA. We buy the tickets in her maiden name? Why would the airline ask if we are using her maiden name? Oh, maybe they will want to see proof she can enter the USA like a Visa?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, taximan683 said:

So when returning we show her passport, AP and marriage certificate to enter the USA. We buy the tickets in her maiden name? Why would the airline ask if we are using her maiden name? Oh, maybe they will want to see proof she can enter the USA like a Visa?

To enter the country she only needs to show AP, nothing else.

The ticket must match her travel document, which is the passport. AP is not a travel document.

When checking in she shows passport, AP and marriage certificate. Passport to travel, AP to show she can enter the country and marriage certificate to show she changed her name.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.