1,612 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nastya_7smile said:

I applied in June 2. I am waiting for biometric appointment as well almost 3 month since response RFE and just hope that all of my documents will come soon. I know that this is a bummer to just wait and not being busy with work, not having a driver’s license. Try to go to English as a second language classes, that will helps to do something, they are free. 

I want to encourage everyone here, that will be okay! We all are hopefully couple months behind having our documents. Don’t be discouraged by keep seeing other people getting notice from USCIS and you are not. That is different for every state and sometimes confusing.

Wish everyone here get documents by the ending of this year😊🙏

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have been wondering what to do with my time and whether I should try to study for my driver's license. I tried to take up knitting but I don't think I have the patience for it. I made one pair of socks that looks like a cat chewed on it. Perhaps I might take Spanish classes. I have decided however if nothing happens by next year I am going to take up studies. My brain has fallen asleep being inactive for so long :(

3 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

There's indeed a huge backlog here in NYC. Even though I've seen some couple getting their interview letter already. 

We're planning on going to my home country for a whole month. I'm just concerned that our interview might take place during our trip. 

How are you able to travel overseas? I thought that if you were waiting for AOS you couldn't leave the country unless you had a travel parole document and apparently right now they are only giving them for emergency type situations or work related situations? I want to go back home and visit my elderly mother who lives alone but as far I am aware I can't leave if my green card application is pending? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, keeza3 said:

How are you able to travel overseas? I thought that if you were waiting for AOS you couldn't leave the country unless you had a travel parole document and apparently right now they are only giving them for emergency type situations or work related situations? I want to go back home and visit my elderly mother who lives alone but as far I am aware I can't leave if my green card application is pending? 

My EAD card has an advance parole attached to it. I'm skeptical to use it cause the letter which I received with it states that it isn't guarantee to reenter the country.  

Just now, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

My EAD card has an advance parole attached to it. I'm skeptical to use it cause the letter which I received with it states that it isn't guarantee to reenter the country.  

Ahhh I see. I would be too! Everything about the immigration system here makes me so anxious and my nerves are shot. We were meant to go on a holiday within the USA but we now have decided to stay put indefinitely because we have to wait for our biometric letter. Last time I got it the same week as the appointment. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, keeza3 said:

Oh wow! People have been waiting so long. I have no idea how you all are doing it. I feel like I am losing my mind. I ended up calling USCIS callcentre and they basically told me not to bother them until after 90 days because that is how long it takes to schedule an appointment. So i guess for those of you who have been waiting longer than 90 days you should contact them and try to get an appointment. I did have to wait on the line for over an hour but she was very helpful and explained that if I called back after 90 days she would get an appointment time for me. This is the first time in 3 weeks I managed to get through on the phone. 

This is the first time in my life since I was 13 years old that I am not working and with the coronavirus numbers in the USA climbing every day we have been in a shelter-in-place type arrangement since March so I can't even meet new people or make friends! I'm climbing the walls and howling at the moon. 

What state are you?You should update your timeline cause it helps other people with same situation as ours to compare and advise on the same!

I'm currently working on learner's permit,just waiting for USCIS to give RMV ago then do my exams!!!Good distraction from this stress!!

Edited by Lulu123lu

55 minutes ago, Lulu123lu said:

What state are you?You should update your timeline cause it helps other people with same situation as ours to compare and advise on the same!

I'm currently working on learner's permit,just waiting for USCIS to give RMV ago then do my exams!!!Good distraction from this stress!!

What do you mean by update my timeline? Sorry I just joined. I filed my AOS in May 2020 (it got rejected in Feb because of the public charge rules), got my biometric appointment for 27 Aug, it got cancelled because office was closed and now I am waiting for another appointment and been told it takes 90 days for an appointment to be scheduled. I am in Houston, Texas. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
21 minutes ago, keeza3 said:

What do you mean by update my timeline? Sorry I just joined. I filed my AOS in May 2020 (it got rejected in Feb because of the public charge rules), got my biometric appointment for 27 Aug, it got cancelled because office was closed and now I am waiting for another appointment and been told it takes 90 days for an appointment to be scheduled. I am in Houston, Texas. 

I meant your visa journey timeline!!You can go to account settings and complete it(It's not a must though,but it helps people and other members to view all the steps you've gone through to date and be able to approximate when their cases would be close to adjudication).

10 minutes ago, Lulu123lu said:

I meant your visa journey timeline!!You can go to account settings and complete it(It's not a must though,but it helps people and other members to view all the steps you've gone through to date and be able to approximate when their cases would be close to adjudication).

Great thanks for explaining that I just updated mine! Good luck with your driver's license. Distractions are a good idea right now. 

Hi all, 

I applied to expedite my I-131 application September 18th due to my step mothers passing. Today, my request updated to say Approved. Can anyone tell me roughly how long it will be until I receive my travel card? My step mothers funeral is October 14th. I asked on the USCIS live chat & they told me 15-30 days, I am sure I've read on here before of people receiving the travel card within a week of being approved. 

Also, when I receive my I-765 card, I assume it won't be a combo card as I've successfully expedited my I-131?

*Edit* My I-765 case status literally just updated to New Card being produced, hopefully I will be getting a Combo Card

Many thanks 

Edited by SeanDowney0309

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Indie2020 said:

Woo hoo! Just had notification that my I-765 Employment Authorisation card is now being produced. Hopefully it will come with the AP as I filed concurrently.

Things are finally moving...

Congratulations! Thats exciting news! Nice to see some may filers having some movement. Hoping my husbands starts moving along soon. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey, 

You might receive your SSN card even before your EAD card arrive in your mail. In my case, I received my EAD card a month ago but I didn't receive my SSN card thus far. Hence why I went to the SSA in order to apply for it.

If you go to the SSA without an EAD card, you will have to fill the application marking the box "alien not allowed to work". Once you mark this option they will ask you for an unexpired I-94. If you can provide it they will probably issue a SSN card for you. 

Going to the ASC without an appointment can be very dodgy. They can either accept you or just deny straight away. I've seen in other threads people succeeding at this. I went to my appointment almost a week before the scheduled day however I had my appointment letter with me. They allowed me to get inside without any trouble. You can try going to the ASC but don't put your hopes up. 

Best luck to you!

Thank you so much for your valuable advices. 

22 hours ago, Indie2020 said:

Woo hoo! Just had notification that my I-765 Employment Authorisation card is now being produced. Hopefully it will come with the AP as I filed concurrently.

Did you expedite?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

1 minute ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Did you expedite?

No I didn't expedite. In July they applied my biometrics from what they had on file (previous GC). I don't think think that had any influence however....

On 9/24/2020 at 11:07 AM, Indie2020 said:

And just now my I-131 was updated to "Case Approved". Finally, things are moving.

Edited by Indie2020
Spelling

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.