1,612 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey y'all,

After incessant calls to the Social Security Administration, finally I've got my appointment scheduled.  *fingers crossed*

Very good and lucky!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hey all, I have a quick question. We went on to ask Emma and talk to a live rep. We gave all our case information and the rep said "In order to provide specific information about this case, you will need to call our contact center" Has anyone had this happen to them?

It seems like biometrics appointments have been slowing down significantly since Labor Day with only a fraction of cases being scheduled at the moment compared to the beginning weeks of August. I hope that this trend is only temporary. Any people with scheduled appointments during the next couple of weeks?

22 hours ago, Leonardo107 said:

Hey all, I have a quick question. We went on to ask Emma and talk to a live rep. We gave all our case information and the rep said "In order to provide specific information about this case, you will need to call our contact center" Has anyone had this happen to them?

I think it depends on what you ask of them. I would say Emma and the live reps act as a firewall to reduce the call volume. They have limited insight.

You will want to call and depending on your actual question, ask to speak to a tier 2 officer. Good luck 😄

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, PhoenixNiro said:

My understanding is that you cannot extend your TN. Applying for AOS automatically disqualifies your ability to apply for TN/extension (the basis of a TN visa is that you are in the country TEMPORARILY). How about trying expedite your EAD with your job offer?

On 9/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, Rearviewmirror said:

Yup, I'd second this approach. Expedites for EAD seem to have been pretty successful if people have a job offer in hand.

But I cannot expedite without biometrics, and, as I stated in my post, I'm still waiting for biometrics appointment

03/04/2020 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-944/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

03/05/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

04/20/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

05/04/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

05/14/2020 -- Checks cashed. Case numbers received (4 SMS)

05/19/2020 -- NOA1 Hard copies received

12/03/2020 -- Biometrics appointment notice received (Appointment on 12/21)

12/21/2020 -- Biometrics appointment

02/25/2021 -- I-765 New Card Is Being Produced

10/07/2021 -- I-765 & I-131 Renewal Package received by USCIS

02/23/2022 -- I-485 Interview was scheduled 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, laxtn said:

But I cannot expedite without biometrics, and, as I stated in my post, I'm still waiting for biometrics appointment

You may not like or want to hear this but it's true;When you chose AOS,it meant accepting all the attachments that comes with it(Terms and conditions). At this point,I think you can choose exactly what you want!!Work and ruin everything or just wait even if sacrificing a few months without work then work happily after .....

49 minutes ago, KrisaT___ said:

Hi all! 

I just want to give an update, I received my interview notice today for Oct. 27th. 😊

good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, KrisaT___ said:

Hi all! 

I just want to give an update, I received my interview notice today for Oct. 27th. 😊

good luck to everyone!

Congratulations 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, KrisaT___ said:

Hi all! 

good luck to everyone!

That's great! Congratulations 🥳 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cystash said:

I got my interview notification on the same date as well, October 27th

Congratulations 👏🏻

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

Nice!! Any updates about your SSN?

Hey, 

I'll be going to an appointment Tuesday, 23rd of September and hopefully I'll apply in-person for a SSN card.

It's been a month now and I haven't received the card neither my name shows up on their system. 

Edited by Ruan & Emmanuel

On 9/20/2020 at 12:20 AM, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey, 

I'll be going to an appointment Tuesday, 23rd of September and hopefully I'll apply in-person for a SSN card.

It's been a month now and I haven't received the card neither my name shows up on their system. 

Tuesday is 22nd. Just wanted to make sure you don't end going for the appointment on the wrong date. Good Luck,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.