1,612 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

I firstly requested to expedite my travel document cause my grandma fell ill in my home country. I faxed the medical reports translated and certified to USCIS.

The following day I had a confirmation of travel document expedited. Same day I requested to expedite my EAD based on a job offer that I received that day.

3 days after they approved my request and mailed the EAD/AP combo card. 

Hi! Thank you for sharing with us your experience. Could you please share how did you requested to expedite? By telephone talking to a Tier 2 officer and sending documents by fax?

thank you so much! Happy for you! 
I still don’t have a Bio appointment, I’m a May filer. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, marianabrasil said:

Hi! Thank you for sharing with us your experience. Could you please share how did you requested to expedite? By telephone talking to a Tier 2 officer and sending documents by fax?

thank you so much! Happy for you! 
I still don’t have a Bio appointment, I’m a May filer. 

I called USCIS and requested to speak with an agent. I didn't have to go through a tier 2.

They filled the request and on the following day, I received the email containing the fax number. 

3 hours ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

I firstly requested to expedite my travel document cause my grandma fell ill in my home country. I faxed the medical reports translated and certified to USCIS.

The following day I had a confirmation of travel document expedited. Same day I requested to expedite my EAD based on a job offer that I received that day.

3 days after they approved my request and mailed the EAD/AP combo card. 

Nice, congrats! I had a very similar family emergency (grandfather passed away) but my expedite request was unfortunately denied. 

2019-08-04   Got Married

--- Consullar Processing Stage ---

2020-01-22   Filed I-130 (Consullar Processing)

2020-02-20   Entered the US (originally just for a visit but got stuck in the US thanks to the travel ban)

2020-05-21   I-130 got approved

--- Adjustment of Status Stage ---

2020-06-02   Filed AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

2020-06-04   Delivered (PD on receipt)

2020-06-29   Check cashed, received receipt number via SMS

2020-07-08   Received RFIE

2020-07-16   Mailed reponse to RFIE

2020-07-22   Status shows they received response to RFIE

2020-08-31   Received biometrics appointment letter

Hi all, 

3 days after my biometrics appointment my case status for my I-485 application has changed to "My Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview". Does anyone know how long roughly until I get a letter in the mail informing me of my interview date?

Also, my I-765 still says " My Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken". Would it be too soon for me to start applying for jobs? How long could it be until I receive my combo card? 

Thank you

55 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi all, 

3 days after my biometrics appointment my case status for my I-485 application has changed to "My Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview". Does anyone know how long roughly until I get a letter in the mail informing me of my interview date?

Also, my I-765 still says " My Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken". Would it be too soon for me to start applying for jobs? How long could it be until I receive my combo card? 

Thank you

It still can be quite awhile before you get an interview date. It just means your case is ready and has been screened. Its unfortunate but it still can be many months.

Yes to soon to apply  for jobs there are still at the point where you are to many variables. You are going to have to continue to sit tight. I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Hey y'all,

For those who have got their EAD Card. Have you guys received your SSN card already? How long did it take?

Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, Kai & Jer said:

Nice, congrats! I had a very similar family emergency (grandfather passed away) but my expedite request was unfortunately denied. 

Hi did you have to fax the job offer as well ? Thank you so much in advance 

Timeline

Hello y'all,

Notwithstanding the fact that I received my EAD card last month, I'm unable to work thus far. 

I haven't received my SSN card which culminated in a rescinded job offer. 

I'm constantly calling SSA to obtain any update about my card. 

Should I apply for an ITIN number in the meantime?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hello y'all,

Notwithstanding the fact that I received my EAD card last month, I'm unable to work thus far. 

I haven't received my SSN card which culminated in a rescinded job offer. 

I'm constantly calling SSA to obtain any update about my card. 

Should I apply for an ITIN number in the meantime?

Thanks.

I am waiting for ITIN for 6 month so far...They required originals of documents and I sent them my original of international passport and marriage certificate. That’s very long way to wait. I am not recommending that. Better to wait for SSN, they should send you in a week or two. If not, you can go to the SSA and apply for one

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

I am waiting for ITIN for 6 month so far...They required originals of documents and I sent them my original of international passport and marriage certificate. That’s very long way to wait. I am not recommending that. Better to wait for SSN, they should send you in a week or two. If not, you can go to the SSA and apply for one

I called SSA to schedule an appointment. They told me it might take 2-3 months. 

Just now, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

I called SSA to schedule an appointment. They told me it might take 2-3 months. 

Maybe with quarantine yes, but usually it takes much quicker. You can schedule to check if the card has been issued for your name

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

Maybe with quarantine yes, but usually it takes much quicker. You can schedule to check if the card has been issued for your name

I call SSA every single day to check if my name shows up in their system. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Nastya_7smile said:

Can you apply for a social security if havent received the work authorization yet ? USCIS finally accepted my application and I will soon receive a receipt. I have a job offer and I'm afraid to miss out on such a great opportunity . 

1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

Can you apply for a social security if havent received the work authorization yet ? USCIS finally accepted my application and I will soon receive a receipt. I have a job offer and I'm afraid to miss out on such a great opportunity . 

1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

I was denied for SSN cause applied for that after wedding and my visa got expired after 3 month. You can apply but they will probably denied. Also, in your form I-765 you probably mentioned that you want to receive SSN.  You can’t work without EAD even if you have SSN. Maybe it make sense for you to apply for expedite EAD

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.