1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 minutes ago, miri_sp said:

I filed in the beginning of April and none of my case statuses have changed either. It is just so frustrating how slow everything is going at the moment.

It's frustrating! I think it depends on the Service center too, some are slower than the others!Luck is another thing too, I've seen some people who filed in June and they have great progress!!!!

It's gonna be well, let's keep up hope!!

3 hours ago, Lulu123lu said:

I'm a may filer too, but nothing's changed from "Received, received and finger print fee received" respectfully for I-765,I-131 and I-485. So let's just wait,the forum is great though!!!

Thank you for sharing. The forum is great, no doubts! It helped me a lot during the AOS filling process and it is good to follow up similar timelines. I’m trying to help others, as give back gift. 

I read several times all the forms, instructions, articles, news, regulations, everything that has been writing about AOS, I read. What brings me sad is how slow things are... and this is our lives! How I feel in such insecure position, even though I’m sure I did everything correct, following all the “rules of the book”. 

I’m stuck with my career, waiting for the working authorization, at the same time,

praying every single day for not having a family-emergency in my  home country. 

I’m sorry to open my chest here, maybe not the right space for that. Thank you so much for continuing sharing every development in your process!  

I wish luck to all! 

Edited by marianabrasil

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, marianabrasil said:

Thank you for sharing. The forum is great, no doubts! It helped me a lot during the AOS filling process and it is good to follow up similar timelines. I’m trying to help others, as give back gift. 

I read several times all the forms, instructions, articles, news, regulations, everything that has been writing about AOS, I read. What brings me sad is how slow things are... and this is our lives! How I feel in such insecure position, even though I’m sure I did everything correct, following all the “rules of the book”. 

I’m stuck with my career, waiting for the working authorization, at the same time,

praying every single day for not having a family-emergency in my  home country. 

I’m sorry to open my chest here, maybe not the right space for that. Thank you so much for continuing sharing every development in your process!  

I wish luck to all! 

Hi dear - You are not the only one in that situation. I am a may filler, I thought by august I would have my working permit as I read I takes 3 months. I found a job I’m supposed to sign a contract on September and next week a training. And I’m not even close to have a working permit yet. I feel so unmotivated and I don’t even know what to tell them. I had the interview since June for the position. Other people timeline is so forward and mine nothing yet... :( 

25 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Hi dear - You are not the only one in that situation. I am a may filler, I thought by august I would have my working permit as I read I takes 3 months. I found a job I’m supposed to sign a contract on September and next week a training. And I’m not even close to have a working permit yet. I feel so unmotivated and I don’t even know what to tell them. I had the interview since June for the position. Other people timeline is so forward and mine nothing yet... :( 

hey, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. In your case, actually, as you have a job offer / training next week, you can call USICIS, talk to a tier 2 officer and request urgency. Make sure you have documents to prove your job offer and they should give priority in your case! 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, marianabrasil said:

hey, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. In your case, actually, as you have a job offer / training next week, you can call USICIS, talk to a tier 2 officer and request urgency. Make sure you have documents to prove your job offer and they should give priority in your case! 

Oh thank you so much, I never thought something like that is possible.

2 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hey y'all,

My EAD application has been updated today. 

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 4.29.17 pm.png

Nice! That is quick! Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, GRASGM said:

Wow! congrats, that is quick! Did you expedite?

Yes. 

I requested based on financial loss.

I faxed an offer letter, an affidavit from the company and receipts. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Yes. 

I requested based on financial loss.

I faxed an offer letter, an affidavit from the company and receipts. 

Congrats! Great that USCIS is being understanding.

Timeline

I was wondering how long does it take to get the card mailed. 

Once I receive it, should I apply for a SSN or wait for it to be mailed as well?

It might take 1-3 weeks. If you have pointed out in I-765 form that you want SSN they will mail this to you. If you will not receive this you can visit Social security administration to ask about mailing SSN to you or apply for this. I have a friend in California, she applied in January, in June status changed, she received her SSN for about 2 weeks, before EAD.

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nastya_7smile said:

It might take 1-3 weeks. If you have pointed out in I-765 form that you want SSN they will mail this to you. If you will not receive this you can visit Social security administration to ask about mailing SSN to you or apply for this. I have a friend in California, she applied in January, in June status changed, she received her SSN for about 2 weeks, before EAD.

I did opt to be issued a SSN in my I-765 form. 

Hopefully it doesn't take too long. I can't wait to start working. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.