1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

My husband got his biometric done on 8/4. Has any one else not had a status change in 15 days after biometric? Iv looked through past posts and it seems alot get the ready for interview with in a week. 

1 hour ago, Leonardo107 said:

My husband got his biometric done on 8/4. Has any one else not had a status change in 15 days after biometric? Iv looked through past posts and it seems alot get the ready for interview with in a week. 

I say this time and time again you can not always go by what the status says or does not say. The status' are inputted by a human before it will update and depending on how lazy or on the ball the person inputting the status' is is the result of what you will see. In my case my K1 status still shows case received since May 2018 and my AOS interview status shows interview was scheduled. My wife has had her GC since April 2020. Bottom line do not totally rely on the status'.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I say this time and time again you can not always go by what the status says or does not say. The status' are inputted by a human before it will update and depending on how lazy or on the ball the person inputting the status' is is the result of what you will see. In my case my K1 status still shows case received since May 2018 and my AOS interview status shows interview was scheduled. My wife has had her GC since April 2020. Bottom line do not totally rely on the status'.

Ok thank you So much for the information. That definitely cleared up a lot for me. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi guys any May filers from MA and whose ASC is Providence,RI?Please update if you've had any Biometrics or progress at all after NOA!!!

On 8/14/2020 at 2:16 PM, Brklyn Belle said:

I called 800-375-5283 yesterday.  I spoke with someone after waiting for about 35 minutes.   The rep told me that my biometrics was "ordered" on august 10th but it has not be scheduled by my ASC office yet.  So i am hoping that I get a notice in the mail soon.  

Try calling the number, hopefully they'll give you some info about your case.

When you called ,  what did you provide I-485 OR I-765 Receipt number to the Automated voice chat/Officer to get the status on Biometrics ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Drawing attention to something being discussed on the April AOS filer's forum about EAD applicants

Recently the USCIS has updated its processing times online to:

EAD (I-765) filers seeking Employment Authorisation based on a pending I-485 Application for Permanent Residency (Green Card) via the National Benefits Center is now taking an average: 28.5 Months to 37 Months! This just jumped from applications being processed with a file date in Feb 2020.

Several people spoken to Tier 2 agents and getting different responses: some saying it's likely a glitch, but cannot confirm. Other agents saying it is accurate and the time range for approval really has been extended that much.

LINK: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ 
Select I-765 and National Benefits Center

Edited by GRASGM

36 minutes ago, GRASGM said:

Drawing attention to something being discussed on the April AOS filer's forum about EAD applicants

Recently the USCIS has updated its processing times online to:

EAD (I-765) filers seeking Employment Authorisation based on a pending I-485 Application for Permanent Residency (Green Card) via the National Benefits Center is now taking an average: 28.5 Months to 37 Months! This just jumped from applications being processed with a file date in Feb 2020.

Several people spoken to Tier 2 agents and getting different responses: some saying it's likely a glitch, but cannot confirm. Other agents saying it is accurate and the time range for approval really has been extended that much.

LINK: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ 
Select I-765 and National Benefits Center

I saw that in the website and I’m in panic. Really, I’m trying to be positive and open, and do my best... but this process in draining me. I don’t even have a Bio Appointment and my Noa is from May. Many on this group have their process ready to schedule the interview. Now... with this new processing timelines... I feel like a joke. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, marianabrasil said:

I saw that in the website and I’m in panic. Really, I’m trying to be positive and open, and do my best... but this process in draining me. I don’t even have a Bio Appointment and my Noa is from May. Many on this group have their process ready to schedule the interview. Now... with this new processing timelines... I feel like a joke. 

My NOA was from June and I had mu Bio last week!! That is a joke, I am sorry. I have seen people mention their case did not update online/or receive a notice in the mail about their Bio, and only found out when their appointment was when they called USCIS. I am sure you have already tried that, but just a tip in case you haven't.

3 minutes ago, GRASGM said:

My NOA was from June and I had mu Bio last week!! That is a joke, I am sorry. I have seen people mention their case did not update online/or receive a notice in the mail about their Bio, and only found out when their appointment was when they called USCIS. I am sure you have already tried that, but just a tip in case you haven't.

Yes... I’m calling USICIS once per week, just to make sure. They always say there is nothing I can do or they can do about it. And now... this... just wish they fix that on Monday and I can keep up with my hopes. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, marianabrasil said:

Yes... I’m calling USICIS once per week, just to make sure. They always say there is nothing I can do or they can do about it. And now... this... just wish they fix that on Monday and I can keep up with my hopes. 

Wishing you all the luck!

31 minutes ago, marianabrasil said:

They  delay issuing cards cause technical issues, but what I noticed from the research mostly like we can wait our EAD November-December 2020, maybe little longer. So usually it takes 5-6 month. I haven’t seen monthly that people would get that for 2-3 months, so 5-6 months that’s normal. I waited for my fiancée visa for 8 month and from NOA1 in November to RFE in the midst of April haven’t heard anything. So, this is absolutely normal. Just relax

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Timeline
2 hours ago, marianabrasil said:

I'm a may filer too, but nothing's changed from "Received, received and finger print fee received" respectfully for I-765,I-131 and I-485. So let's just wait,the forum is great though!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Lulu123lu said:

I'm a may filer too, but nothing's changed from "Received, received and finger print fee received" respectfully for I-765,I-131 and I-485. So let's just wait,the forum is great though!!!

I filed in the beginning of April and none of my case statuses have changed either. It is just so frustrating how slow everything is going at the moment.

Timeline
4 hours ago, JACKP said:

When you called ,  what did you provide I-485 OR I-765 Receipt number to the Automated voice chat/Officer to get the status on Biometrics ? 

I've called them a couple times, you'll need alien A- number and NOA receipt number then they'll ask you about your address too, depending on your inquiry!

The Automated voice asks for your email ONLY and even to some point offers to solve your case,but don't hang up until she(Automated) gives you a WAIT TIME to speak to a representative!!

Edited by Lulu123lu

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.