1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

That's when you actually have an interview scheduled, which is not your case. The status still needs to change to Interview was scheduled.

You also need to file a Change Of Address online. That way you get a confirmation number and can complain if something happens. (Unless they gave you a confirmation number through the phone).

I actually received a confirmation number through the phone. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
5 hours ago, Eg8835 said:

Hi this is scary, I'm glad you got the biometrics in time! What's your local ASC?

Thank you! My local ASC is (Pikesville) Baltimore

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AMJ6 said:

Thank you! My local ASC is (Pikesville) Baltimore

Wow!  Congrats glad it worked out for you.  

i haven't received my notice yet.  Baltimore is my ASC office as well.  Hopefully we haven't missed our appointment.

1 hour ago, GRASGM said:

Had fingerprints taken for Biometrics today in Los Angeles. Awaiting case status to change to Fingerprints Taken.

Out of interest, did they do all ten fingers or just index finger for you?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Out of interest, did they do all ten fingers or just index finger for you?

My husband just had his last Tuesday and they did all 10.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Wow!  Congrats glad it worked out for you.  

i haven't received my notice yet.  Baltimore is my ASC office as well.  Hopefully we haven't missed our appointment.

Thank you! I hope it's gonna work for you too

On 8/12/2020 at 6:15 PM, Nastya_7smile said:

I called USCIS contact center today, waited about 40 minutes to talk to person. Representative talked to me that my biometric appointment hasn’t been scheduled yet, but I can see all the most updated information on the USCIS online account, which I have. She said that usually it takes 30 days after RFE response for biometric notice but cause offices were closed it might take up to 90 days, then if not received that call the contact center.

Yep, I keep getting the same answer, biometrics appointment within 90 days after the ASC opens will be considered normal timeframe, which is really ridiculous in my opinion...

2019-08-04   Got Married

--- Consullar Processing Stage ---

2020-01-22   Filed I-130 (Consullar Processing)

2020-02-20   Entered the US (originally just for a visit but got stuck in the US thanks to the travel ban)

2020-05-21   I-130 got approved

--- Adjustment of Status Stage ---

2020-06-02   Filed AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

2020-06-04   Delivered (PD on receipt)

2020-06-29   Check cashed, received receipt number via SMS

2020-07-08   Received RFIE

2020-07-16   Mailed reponse to RFIE

2020-07-22   Status shows they received response to RFIE

2020-08-31   Received biometrics appointment letter

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, AMJ6 said:

Hey guys. So here's what happened.. We didn't got any biometrics appointment letter and we have been trying to get some information about military spouse walk-ins for 3 days now. Today finally I got to chance to speaking with a Tier 2 agent and it turned out I have an appointment tomorrow morning and I didn't get any notice and my USCIS website status never changed. Thanks God I called, I was gonna miss my appointment. I wanted to share with you too so calling them might be good to know what's going on with your case.

How did the appointment go? Is there even any provision for military spouses? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, malajoe said:

How did the appointment go? Is there even any provision for military spouses? 

My appointment was really fast and easy. Took like 10 mins total. About provision for military spouse, not in this phase. There are provisions for naturalize phase. Walk-ins just for active-duty military members they said

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Brklyn Belle said:

I haven't received my biometrics appointment.  What information are you requesting when you contact USCIS?  Are you asking to speak to an Agent or are you asking if your notice has been mailed?  

Same. Can anyone else chime in. Emma is not very useful when trying to find out when biometrics appointment will be scheduled. Can anyone let us know what worked for you. 

6 minutes ago, Smoothsquash said:

Same. Can anyone else chime in. Emma is not very useful when trying to find out when biometrics appointment will be scheduled. Can anyone let us know what worked for you. 

I would recommend calling USCIS and asking to speak to a supervisor or Tier 2 agent. I had a very stressful situation where I have been away from home for a few weeks whilst expecting a biometrics appointment letter anytime soon. I was using Emma Live Chat several times a week to ask if my biometrics had been scheduled, each time I was told no, nothing yet. I then phoned and spoke to a supervisor to find out my biometrics appointment notice had been sent July 28th and my appointment was August 11th which I missed. I must have spoke with live agents on Emma 6 times and wasn't told anything of my appointment. Luckily I spoke with a Tier 2 yesterday and managed to reschedule for September 1st, it was a very frustrating experience!!

10 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

I would recommend calling USCIS and asking to speak to a supervisor or Tier 2 agent. I had a very stressful situation where I have been away from home for a few weeks whilst expecting a biometrics appointment letter anytime soon. I was using Emma Live Chat several times a week to ask if my biometrics had been scheduled, each time I was told no, nothing yet. I then phoned and spoke to a supervisor to find out my biometrics appointment notice had been sent July 28th and my appointment was August 11th which I missed. I must have spoke with live agents on Emma 6 times and wasn't told anything of my appointment. Luckily I spoke with a Tier 2 yesterday and managed to reschedule for September 1st, it was a very frustrating experience!!

that is sad the way they are handling this. unprofessional service

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.