1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey guys. So here's what happened.. We didn't got any biometrics appointment letter and we have been trying to get some information about military spouse walk-ins for 3 days now. Today finally I got to chance to speaking with a Tier 2 agent and it turned out I have an appointment tomorrow morning and I didn't get any notice and my USCIS website status never changed. Thanks God I called, I was gonna miss my appointment. I wanted to share with you too so calling them might be good to know what's going on with your case.

Hi all,

Feeling very frustrated with USCIS today! My K1 Adjustment of Status package was received May 28th, I received my three receipt numbers (I-485, I-765 and I-131) June 2nd. I have been away from my home in Chicago since mid/late July, we are staying at my mother-in-law's house in the suburbs. I had been expecting a biometrics appointment sometime soon, so I had been using Ask Emma live chat on the USCIS website several times a week, since mid July. Every time I had asked about my biometrics appointment I was told I had nothing scheduled. I used the live chat again today, and to my surprise was told a notice had been sent to my address July 28th, my appointment was August 11th at 8am...YESTERDAY!! So very frustrating, I had asked several times since July 28th and was told nothing scheduled yet. I was told I could try walk in, or follow rescheduling instructions per my letter. 

Has anyone else attempted a walk in biometrics? Or had to reschedule an appointment?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
19 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi all,

Feeling very frustrated with USCIS today! My K1 Adjustment of Status package was received May 28th, I received my three receipt numbers (I-485, I-765 and I-131) June 2nd. I have been away from my home in Chicago since mid/late July, we are staying at my mother-in-law's house in the suburbs. I had been expecting a biometrics appointment sometime soon, so I had been using Ask Emma live chat on the USCIS website several times a week, since mid July. Every time I had asked about my biometrics appointment I was told I had nothing scheduled. I used the live chat again today, and to my surprise was told a notice had been sent to my address July 28th, my appointment was August 11th at 8am...YESTERDAY!! So very frustrating, I had asked several times since July 28th and was told nothing scheduled yet. I was told I could try walk in, or follow rescheduling instructions per my letter. 

Has anyone else attempted a walk in biometrics? Or had to reschedule an appointment?

Sorry to hear that Sean.. I hope you can do walk-in and that it won't take too long to reschedule.

I'm sorry I can't help you with this because I haven't had my appointment scheduled yet. What did you ask Emma to get info about your biometrics? She's making me go in a circle and is not answering my questions..

1 minute ago, Ally&Axel said:

Sorry to hear that Sean.. I hope you can do walk-in and that it won't take too long to reschedule.

I'm sorry I can't help you with this because I haven't had my appointment scheduled yet. What did you ask Emma to get info about your biometrics? She's making me go in a circle and is not answering my questions..

Thank you, appreciate it. I just gave my receipt numbers and A number, then asked if my biometrics appointment had been scheduled yet. Since July 28th (when my appointment notice was mailed to me, as I was told today), I must have asked on the Emma Live Chat three times if I had an appointment scheduled, each time I was told no! So frustrating...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Thank you, appreciate it. I just gave my receipt numbers and A number, then asked if my biometrics appointment had been scheduled yet. Since July 28th (when my appointment notice was mailed to me, as I was told today), I must have asked on the Emma Live Chat three times if I had an appointment scheduled, each time I was told no! So frustrating...

Oh my gosh that must be so frustrating.. It really makes you wonder what's going on there! It sucks being in the unknown like that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is there anyone that has done the biometrics last week and yet haven't received the update "ready to be scheduled for an interview"?

1 hour ago, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi all,

Since you "missed" your appointment, you can call them and reschedule.Your are good, almost there!

I'm a May filer, haven't receive my Bio appointment yet, checking online every single day for updates and calling them once per week, just to make sure that I don't miss my appointment. 

Edited by marianabrasil

I called USCIS contact center today, waited about 40 minutes to talk to person. Representative talked to me that my biometric appointment hasn’t been scheduled yet, but I can see all the most updated information on the USCIS online account, which I have. She said that usually it takes 30 days after RFE response for biometric notice but cause offices were closed it might take up to 90 days, then if not received that call the contact center.

Edited by Nastya_7smile

21 hours ago, AMJ6 said:

Hey guys. So here's what happened.. We didn't got any biometrics appointment letter and we have been trying to get some information about military spouse walk-ins for 3 days now. Today finally I got to chance to speaking with a Tier 2 agent and it turned out I have an appointment tomorrow morning and I didn't get any notice and my USCIS website status never changed. Thanks God I called, I was gonna miss my appointment. I wanted to share with you too so calling them might be good to know what's going on with your case.

Hi this is scary, I'm glad you got the biometrics in time! What's your local ASC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hello folks,

Today I checked my status case and got this update. 

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 11.37.07 am.png

I just got off the phone with USCIS. 

I called to inform my new mailing address then I asked how long would take to receive the letter for my interview.

They told me it would take between 40 and 45 days to receive the letter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hey everyone, was browsing for others that have had experience with this whole process and came across this thread. Very informative seeing what all everyone in similar situation have gone through. Heres our timeline so far:

I485/I130/I765

Mailed 4/29/2020

Received 5/4/2020

NOA 5/7/2020

Courtesy Letter for i693 5/28/2020

NOA bio apt notice 7/18/2020

Biometric apt 8/4/2020

Updated to fingerprints taken 8/5/2020

No update on I130 since received 5/4/2020

We are in California any one else have a timeline similar to it. What should we expect to happen next. 

It says next we will prepare your case for officer review. 

27 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

I called to inform my new mailing address then I asked how long would take to receive the letter for my interview.

Oh wow that is fairly quick! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

That's when you actually have an interview scheduled, which is not your case. The status still needs to change to Interview was scheduled.

You also need to file a Change Of Address online. That way you get a confirmation number and can complain if something happens. (Unless they gave you a confirmation number through the phone).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.