1,612 posts in this topic

I am born in Pakistan and hold Canadian citizenship. Do not hold a Pakistani passport anymore, but I could get it if I wanted. Under the "Country of Citizenship" should I write Canada and Pakistan? Really confused by this!!! Thank you

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm asking about the form DS-3025 not the I-693. Usually when they send you a letter about the I-693 it means you did not send in a DS-3025 or you did not take all the required shots during your medical. The DS-3025 is the medical report/exam that was given to you after your medical in your country before you got your K1 visa. If you submitted your AOS within a year and you received all your required shots you would not need a I-693. Be advised that ONLY a civil surgeon can fill out the I-693 and it has to be sealed when taken with you to the AOS interview.

Ahh I see now you are a different visa class not a K1. I'm not sure about your class of visa.

I am applying under employment. So my process may be different. I am not aware of DS-3025. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Jandev said:

It didn’t say courtesy letter but when I looked up the courtesy letter it says the same thing as this letter I got.  Mine was headEd I-693 Deficiency Notice.

Looks like it’s the courtesy letter.

3 minutes ago, Shan181 said:

I am applying under employment. So my process may be different. I am not aware of DS-3025. 

Yeah I see that now, that's what time lines are for, I should have consulted yours before I replied. The part about the I-693 is correct though you'll need a civil surgeon to conduct your medical.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah I see that now, that's what time lines are for, I should have consulted yours before I replied. The part about the I-693 is correct though you'll need a civil surgeon to conduct your medical.

Thanks! I need to schedule it soon

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi guys,

Hope the process is going smoothly for everyone. I was wondering if we had any texas filers here that have already gotten their biometric appointment notice. My NOA dates from May 4th and since then it's been radio silence.. 

My case is at the MSC. I hope to hear something from them in the coming month 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi guys,

Hope the process is going smoothly for everyone. I was wondering if we had any texas filers here that have already gotten their biometric appointment notice. My NOA dates from May 4th and since then it's been radio silence.. 

My case is at the MSC. I hope to hear something from them in the coming month 🤞

I’m from TX. I got my biometrics appointment scheduled on august 17th. Hope

you’ll receive yours soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi. Is there a number that i can use to contact USCIS, we have request letter requesting initial evidence. The letter suggest that it seems my husband was not the one completing I 894. We need to resubmit the form. This is confusing and we dont know how they may have reached this conclusion.15971860472356637688623714289050.thumb.jpg.ef0869b5b34e51eb862e6824d3e78812.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Gugug4 said:

Hi. Is there a number that i can use to contact USCIS, we have request letter requesting initial evidence. The letter suggest that it seems my husband was not the one completing I 894. We need to resubmit the form. This is confusing and we dont know how they may have reached this conclusion.15971860472356637688623714289050.thumb.jpg.ef0869b5b34e51eb862e6824d3e78812.jpg

Calling them won't do anything. Check if the name of your spouse isn't misspelled throughout all their documents (marriage certificate for example).

Fill out a new 864 for your spouse and send it out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Calling them won't do anything. Check if the name of your spouse isn't misspelled throughout all their documents (marriage certificate for example).

Fill out a new 864 for your spouse and send it out.

Thanks. 

Also it is a good idea to check if you used there most updated version of the form 864 available at the USCIS website and if you submitted all the supporting tax documents. 

Edited by marianabrasil

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, KrisaT___ said:

I’m from TX. I got my biometrics appointment scheduled on august 17th. Hope

you’ll receive yours soon. 

That's awesome! It gives me hope that mine will be scheduled soon.

I hope that your combo card will get back to you shortly after.

On 8/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, Aeiou1357 said:

Are you from Wisconsin? I'm July filer (NOA1 07/28) just wanted to see timelines that are ahead of me :)

Yes I am from Wisconsin. Filed June 16th 2020

Hi guys! Just finished the biometrics, took around 30 minutes for me and my son. I brought my marriage certificate as precaution since somebody else stated they ask for it in their local ASC, and behold I needed it in my case! After review my papers a first time the lady send me to another office in there they ask me about why my name didn't match my passport, after explaining the situation and show my marriage certificate they give me the green light. Good luck to everybody!

3 hours ago, D.Salagubang said:

Hi guys! Just finished the biometrics, took around 30 minutes for me and my son. I brought my marriage certificate as precaution since somebody else stated they ask for it in their local ASC, and behold I needed it in my case! After review my papers a first time the lady send me to another office in there they ask me about why my name didn't match my passport, after explaining the situation and show my marriage certificate they give me the green light. Good luck to everybody!

I'm glad everything worked out for you!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.