1,612 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Thenaturalstate said:

Hello, Sorry to hijack may form, I am a July filer. Can we see on the USCIS website if a biometric appointment has been scheduled before getting the letter in the mail? Did we get an email/text when the letter is shipped? I have seen a few stories where they do not receive the letter in the mail on time. Thank you all!

In my case the answer to all of the above is no. The letter came, but no online status changes/text or emails.

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/4/2020 at 12:30 PM, GRASGM said:

Sharing some very (possibly exciting) news!

My Timeline:

AOS packet filed May 22
NOA1 June 02

**Emergency Advanced Parole granted July 01**  During which, I had my Biometrics taken at my Local Field Office. I wasn't scheduled for my Biometrics with a notice related to my AOS yet, but they needed to take my prints etc in order to grant the emergency parole.

Today, (04 July) I woke up to an email saying my case status had changed. I logged on to MyUSCIS to see it wasn't for my EAD or AP, but my Adjustment of Status is 'Ready to be scheduled for Interview' and will be contacted shortly with the details!

This is obviously very exciting and a positive step, but I am really surprised as doesn't this seem VERY fast?! Unless this interview is actually for a Biometrics interview? I did ask the officer at my Emergency Advanced Parole meeting if they would still schedule me for a Biometrics interview seeing as they were loading my prints into the system there and then, and the officer said another Biometrics (for AOS) wouldn't be necessary. Could the fact that my Biometrics were entered into the system have triggered a much sooner than normal AOS interview? Or am I being too hopeful and the interview date they send me (if it is for the AOS interview and not Biometrics) will actually be for a date many months later in the year?

I am excited (and a bit confused!) Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or info? Or if anyone else has also gotten an interview date?

Sending positive thoughts out to everyone!

Did you receive any request of evidence at all during your process ? 

Congratulations you have so far the perfect timeline :). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

Today I received this mail from USCIS. 

I followed the instructions but it turned out that I couldn't see the day that was scheduled my biometric appointment. 

Am I gonna receive another mail with the biometrics schedule letter? 

Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 3.10.50 am.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/31/2020 at 10:31 AM, Faith2020 said:

Did you receive any request of evidence at all during your process ? 

Congratulations you have so far the perfect timeline :). 

RFE during my AOS submission or for my emergency AP?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We received our biometrics appointment letter on August 1.  Appointment is August 10.  I-485 NOA-1 is May 13.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Went to biometrics appointment today for K1 and K2 Very fast, about 30 min total with a short wait. Luckily, I brought the marriage certificate with us, and they asked for it. Make sure you bring it to your appointment if you are a k1!. They don't tell you in the instructions. We didn't bring our cell phones as instructed, but there were signs inside to turn off your cell phone - maybe for employees? No metal detector or anything like that, just go to the window with your papers, wait, then immigration officer looks over the paperwork and sends you back to the window for a number to get your photo and fingerprints taken. That's how they do it at a he Buena Park office in CA.

20 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

Went to biometrics appointment today for K1 and K2 Very fast, about 30 min total with a short wait. Luckily, I brought the marriage certificate with us, and they asked for it. Make sure you bring it to your appointment if you are a k1!. They don't tell you in the instructions. We didn't bring our cell phones as instructed, but there were signs inside to turn off your cell phone - maybe for employees? No metal detector or anything like that, just go to the window with your papers, wait, then immigration officer looks over the paperwork and sends you back to the window for a number to get your photo and fingerprints taken. That's how they do it at a he Buena Park office in CA.

Thank you for the information 😄 

Yes each ACS is different they each have their own way how they collect your biometrics.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

Hello,

I received my biometric appointment letter today. It'll take place on August 11th. 

I'll try an early walk-in tomorrow since I won't be in the city next week.

I've heard about people that succeeded doing early walk-in 2-3 weeks before the original date. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, taximan683 said:

Should I bring anything else besides the appointment letter, passport and marriage certificate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The letter you get in the mail for the appointment has a simple form to fill out with your information. Just name, prior name, race, DOB, height, weight etc. You are supposed to bring that as well. I think they enter your information from that into the computer. Like Sarge said though - each location could be different. In Buena Park, they don't allow walk-ins, but I saw that military had an exception for that and could walk in without an appointment. I'm not sure if that is true in other places.

1 hour ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hello,

I received my biometric appointment letter today. It'll take place on August 11th. 

I'll try an early walk-in tomorrow since I won't be in the city next week.

I've heard about people that succeeded doing early walk-in 2-3 weeks before the original date. 

Yes that was before Covad, but good luck worth a try!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My husband received his appointment letter today for aug 12th. I’m surprised we haven’t received an RFE yet. Still fully expecting one later on. But for now we’re celebrating 🥳 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, taximan683 said:

The letter you get in the mail for the appointment has a simple form to fill out with your information. Just name, prior name, race, DOB, height, weight etc. You are supposed to bring that as well. I think they enter your information from that into the computer. Like Sarge said though - each location could be different. In Buena Park, they don't allow walk-ins, but I saw that military had an exception for that and could walk in without an appointment. I'm not sure if that is true in other places.

On the appt. letter it says they allow military walk-ins.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

On the appt. letter it says they allow military walk-ins.

For military members or family members also? Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.