1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, Nastya_7smile said:

Is biometric appointment notice is after this? With second wave of COVID quarantine and mask required in Kansas and Missouri  i hope to have is as soon as possible.

The thing is people from March are still waiting on biometrics appointments that never got made. There’s a good 4 month backlog of those and no one yet has gotten any appointments scheduled. 

3 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

The thing is people from March are still waiting on biometrics appointments that never got made. There’s a good 4 month backlog of those and no one yet has gotten any appointments scheduled. 

I’ve heard also that someone got EAD without biometric. But yes, hope that all of us will get that as soon as possible🙏

Edited by Nastya_7smile

https://preview.redd.it/aorcvidw33851.png?width=573&format=png&auto=webp&s=4b0e7ad0dc9287a6aff23146b24515a492fe6bdb

A lot of offices reopens 07/27/2020. I saw in the April 2020 filers that someone already got biometric appointment notice in New Jersey.

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well Seattle ASC has been open since July 13th but I haven't received ANYTHING about my biometrics appointment. Has anyone from the area received the appointment letter for K1 to AOS?

Edited by Gak

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/17/2020 at 12:53 PM, Gak said:

Well Seattle ASC has been open since July 13th but I haven't received ANYTHING about my biometrics appointment. Has anyone from the area received the appointment letter for K1 to AOS?

It has only been open for 5 working days. My ASC is Seattle as well, and I filed mid-April. From what I’ve read, they are still backlogged and nobody from March even has theirs so they have about 6 weeks of rescheduling cancelled appointments to do before they start sending appointments for new biometrics. The USCIS site says you can inquire if you haven’t received a biometrics letter within 90 days of your ASC reopening, so I anticipate a bit of a wait. 

Hello guys. We received 4 letters in the mail just saying that they received our cases and working on them. How long it typically takes for them to send RFE if they need more information. Does it come with the fist letter in the mail or It comes after you receive the first? Thanks in advance! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, bradoony said:

Hello guys. We received 4 letters in the mail just saying that they received our cases and working on them. How long it typically takes for them to send RFE if they need more information. Does it come with the fist letter in the mail or It comes after you receive the first? Thanks in advance! 

As far as I've seen and experienced:

The RFE/RFIE will never be in the first set of notices. It'll come at some point later, and can even be sent after you've completed an interview.

In our case, the RFIE was dated (and SMS alert received) 11 days after the I-485 receipt date. I signed up for SMS and email alerts on "eGov". The paper RFIE notice (stating the reason for our RFIE) was delivered 4 days later. 

Our RFIE response was delivered noon yesterday, and I'm expecting the case status to be updated to reflect that in the next few days.

12 minutes ago, pigrew said:

As far as I've seen and experienced:

The RFE/RFIE will never be in the first set of notices. It'll come at some point later, and can even be sent after you've completed an interview.

In our case, the RFIE was dated (and SMS alert received) 11 days after the I-485 receipt date. I signed up for SMS and email alerts on "eGov". The paper RFIE notice (stating the reason for our RFIE) was delivered 4 days later. 

Our RFIE response was delivered noon yesterday, and I'm expecting the case status to be updated to reflect that in the next few days.

Thank you for the information! So we just need to wait and see. How did you sign up for SMS ? Hope all goes good for you!

18 minutes ago, bradoony said:

Thank you for the information! So we just need to wait and see. How did you sign up for SMS ? Hope all goes good for you!

You can sign up for text notifications with Form G-1145. But that needs to be attached to your AOS petition. I dont think you can sign up for that later.

Just now, Akrapovic said:

You can sign up for text notifications with Form G-1145. But that needs to be attached to your AOS petition. I dont think you can sign up for that later.

After NOA-1 I have only email notifications about my case. I think maybe you can send g-1145 to your local office.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

51 minutes ago, bradoony said:

We'll see how our stuff goes. I'm worried since my understanding is that we only have a single chance to reply to a RFIE... I'm pretty sure we did things properly, but we'll see.

To sign up for alerts, create an account on https://egov.uscis.gov/, add your receipt numbers, and then enable SMS and/or email.

51 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

After NOA-1 I have only email notifications about my case. I think maybe you can send g-1145 to your local office.

Thank you! We have sent G- 1145 but "Pigrew" mentioned other way to get alerts. See the comment above. We never received email tho, only SMS

22 minutes ago, pigrew said:

We'll see how our stuff goes. I'm worried since my understanding is that we only have a single chance to reply to a RFIE... I'm pretty sure we did things properly, but we'll see.

To sign up for alerts, create an account on https://egov.uscis.gov/, add your receipt numbers, and then enable SMS and/or email.

Lets pray that you do not have to send it again and they will accepted but I have heard about cases that people sent the RFE respond twice but as long as is within the period for respond i think is fine. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.