1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

I’m so confused. This is the letter. 

5743ADCB-1741-4975-B431-CAC5F714B3EB.jpeg

OP, go to I-360 VAWA subforum. Even though you are a widow and not a victim of domestic violence, it’s still the same petition and same rules apply to you. There are knowledgeable and experienced people on that subforum, they will give you the right advice.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, portorusa said:

OP, go to I-360 VAWA subforum. Even though you are a widow and not a victim of domestic violence, it’s still the same petition and same rules apply to you. There are knowledgeable and experienced people on that subforum, they will give you the right advice.

Thank you so much for your message. This journey is so stressful. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
13 hours ago, Nastya_7smile said:

You might wait couple days more. I got my messages next day after fireprinting.

Thanks for answering. I got the texts today!

On 6/19/2020 at 8:39 PM, Faith2020 said:

I didn’t even look since my lawyer did all the filling. I guess now I have to pay more attention. Please which documents did you add to support your I-944 and I-864? 

Oh no! I hear so many horror stories about lawyers. For the I-864 my husband is my sponsor so we send his information that included:

Copy of birth certificate 

Copy of passport bio page

Letter of his work stating position and current income

Tax transcript 2019

For the I-944 

Letter of no credit score/report 

Current insurance 

High school diploma translated and with education equivalent 

Skill certification from my country translated (didn't required an education equivalent for this one)

For the English knowledge I used also my high school education equivalent.

We didn't send any bank saving statements since we are above the 125% for our household. Also we didn't repeat documents like birth certificates or the tax transcripts since we send that with the I-485 and I-864.

Timeline
1 hour ago, D.Salagubang said:

Oh no! I hear so many horror stories about lawyers. For the I-864 my husband is my sponsor so we send his information that included:

Copy of birth certificate 

Copy of passport bio page

Letter of his work stating position and current income

Tax transcript 2019

For the I-944 

Letter of no credit score/report 

Current insurance 

High school diploma translated and with education equivalent 

Skill certification from my country translated (didn't required an education equivalent for this one)

For the English knowledge I used also my high school education equivalent.

We didn't send any bank saving statements since we are above the 125% for our household. Also we didn't repeat documents like birth certificates or the tax transcripts since we send that with the I-485 and I-864.

Nice. Thank you so much for your help. May I ask which company did you use to prove you have no credit score or report? 

42 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Nice. Thank you so much for your help. May I ask which company did you use to prove you have no credit score or report? 

I send a letter to anual credit report, in their letter request they give 3 options for companies and I select the 3 of them, I receive answers for only 2 of them and those are the letter I send with I-944 

Timeline

I send a letter to anual credit report, in their letter request they give 3 options for companies and I select the 3 of them, I receive answers for only 2 of them and those are the letter I send with I-944 

I don’t have a social security yet. So when I go to their website it asked me about the SSN to move forward. So I’m not sure. 

5 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

I don’t have a social security yet. So when I go to their website it asked me about the SSN to move forward. So I’m not sure. 

I download the request letter to send through regular mail, I left the SSN part blank since I don't have one either, and in the same envelope I send a cover letter explaining my situation (no SSN, k1 holder and the AOS process I was about to start).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, Nastya_7smile said:

I was hoping to get the SSN before the EAD due to the cost of health insurance etc...it’s so much cheaper being added to to your USC spouse’s insurance than taking out your own!! I may try and get a drivers licence with what I have, UK passport, NOA1, proof of US address etc and see what happens...could anyone else share any Drivers Licence success stories ???  With the bank account, I opened mine up on a prior visit and you only need your passport and proof of US address with Bank of America and it’s really easy to open, even easier i think of you joint it with your USC partner...

Timeline

I download the request letter to send through regular mail, I left the SSN part blank since I don't have one either, and in the same envelope I send a cover letter explaining my situation (no SSN, k1 holder and the AOS process I was about to start).

Thank you so much 🙏🏽

4 hours ago, D.Salagubang said:

Hi, D., may I ask for how long you received the no credit report history from the 2 agencies?

thanks for your time

1 hour ago, Rich1974 said:

I was hoping to get the SSN before the EAD due to the cost of health insurance etc...it’s so much cheaper being added to to your USC spouse’s insurance than taking out your own!! I may try and get a drivers licence with what I have, UK passport, NOA1, proof of US address etc and see what happens...could anyone else share any Drivers Licence success stories ???  With the bank account, I opened mine up on a prior visit and you only need your passport and proof of US address with Bank of America and it’s really easy to open, even easier i think of you joint it with your USC partner...

My husband was able to get me in his work insurance and I don't count with SSN, I think it is possible to do it! On the other hand I haven't be able to open a bank account, over the telephone the lady said I needed an SSN even to be an authorized user of my husband's credit card, we will try to go directly to the bank in the next couple days

14 minutes ago, karenliao546 said:

Hi, D., may I ask for how long you received the no credit report history from the 2 agencies?

thanks for your time

Hi! 2 weeks around a little less, they came in the mail within two days apart 

Hey guys, I wanna give you an update. Yesterday at 11.00pm  I recieved my receipts from uscis almost a month of worrying whether they got my package or not. My time 

Sent the package on 26th May 2028

Got the text with the receipt on 22 May

Checked cashed on 23 May...

it's little relief guys, now waiting starts, for those who are still waiting hang in there. 

MSC(Missouri Service Center) is processing my case, whose else case is being processed by Missouri? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.