1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all- I’m coming for an update on my timeline. 

I applied 5/2020, I received response from USCIS: 

first one : 6/15/2020: I’m applying as a widow, so they received my I-360 and sent me a receipt via mail at my lawyer address. 

- I called USCIS on 6/13/2020 the agent told me there’s a rejection on my I-485(I was devastated and started crying) and told me they sent the mail to me on 6/11/2020 to my address ( I do have an attorney). I started calling them almost every day since 6/13/2020 because I didn’t receive any letter from USCIS as they told me it would come to my address and not my lawyer address. 

-6/16/2020 I called USCIS call center the agent told me my case has been marked sensitive informations and she can’t give me more informations and they no longer have info about my case and it has been transferred  to Vermont. ( I was very surprised of a sensitive informations since I’m not a VAWA ) She gave me the Vermont address in case I want to write to them.

- 6/17/2020 I called USCIS call center the agent told she  only sees a receipt for my I-360 on file and maybe the previous agent made a mistake as she doesn’t  see any rejection on my profile. 

-6/18/20 my lawyer finally received the rejection letter from USCIS. Apparently we need to include I-944. I’m still waiting  for I-765 and I-131. 

I hope my timeline would help some of us. If I may add a comment I think it’s useless to call USCIS call center and just wait as some of the agents do not even know what they are talking about. Good luck to all of us. 

Hi all! 

Just thought I'd share my timeline here too.

We filed our i-130 + i-485, i-765 & i-131 concurrently on 5/31/20. They were received by USCIS 6/3/20.

We got text notifications for all of our filings on 6/15/20, and just received the NOAs in the mail today. I haven't received an NOA for i-131 yet, so hoping that comes soon..

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Shauneeny
Typed 130 instead of 131

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shauneeny said:

Hi all! 

We filed our i-130 + i-485, i-765 & i-131 concurrently on 5/31/20. They were received by USCIS 6/3/20.

We got text notifications for all of our filings on 6/15/20, and just received the NOAs in the mail today. I haven't received an NOA for i-131 yet, so hoping that comes soon..

Good luck everyone!

Hi did you file for I-944? 

Timeline

Hi all - Did anyone here applying on May filled I-944 ? On my rejection letters the RFE is I should include I-944. Apparently anyone who’s filling for I-485 after February 24th 2020 have to include I-944 or I-864. 

10 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Hi all - Did anyone here applying on May filled I-944 ? On my rejection letters the RFE is I should include I-944. Apparently anyone who’s filling for I-485 after February 24th 2020 have to include I-944 or I-864. 

Yes, we did I-944 and I-864 for both me and my k2. Is on the instructions of the I-485 and the VJ guidelines 😧

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Yes, I think most people need both I-944 and I-864

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

The wording is very confusing but yes, unless you're a special case, you need BOTH forms. It's an "and" not an "or". 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

It was always the I-864 and since February 24th it's also the I 944. Clearly stated in the instructions from USCIS

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It was always the I-864 and since February 24th it's also the I 944. Clearly stated in the instructions from USCIS

Oh Woow! Thank you. I didn’t know my lawyer is the one who filed the applications. I don’t know how he didn’t include that. Please which support documents did you add for I-944 and I-864? 

Thank you you so much in advance. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mlong1397 said:

The wording is very confusing but yes, unless you're a special case, you need BOTH forms. It's an "and" not an "or". 

My lawyer is the one who filed the applications. Please which support documents did you add for I-944? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, newyorker2020 said:

Yes, I think most people need both I-944 and I-864

Thank you - My lawyer did the filing. Please which support documents did you add for those ? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, D.Salagubang said:

Yes, we did I-944 and I-864 for both me and my k2. Is on the instructions of the I-485 and the VJ guidelines 😧

I didn’t even look since my lawyer did all the filling. I guess now I have to pay more attention. Please which documents did you add to support your I-944 and I-864? 

3 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Oh Woow! Thank you. I didn’t know my lawyer is the one who filed the applications. I don’t know how he didn’t include that. Please which support documents did you add for I-944 and I-864? 

Thank you you so much in advance. 

If I may, these are my attachments for the I-944. Hope that helps. :) 

image.png.2fec819a0a216f7c0ea18706e84820c2.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Shauneeny said:

Hi all! 

Good luck everyone!

Congrats. May I ask which mail carrier did you use? Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.