1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

By the way, I did not get any e-mails or texts even though I sent the forms for that with every application. Also, the bank said the cashier's check was not cashed on Friday - the last time I checked, and I received the NOA1s on Monday. So, even if you have not heard anything at all, the first feedback you get from USCIS might be the receipts in the mail...

I am still waiting for my NOA-1 also. I sent third time 06/02/2020 they received 06/05/2020. I texted with live representative in USCIS site today, she doesn’t see receipt number in the system.

Edited by Nastya_7smile

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all - I’m coming for more updates on my applications. 

Yesterday on 6/15/2020 : My attorney received the receipt for my I- 360 ( I’m applying as a widow) 

But I called on 6/13/2020: The agent at the USCIS call center told me my I-485 has been rejected and they sent out the mail on 6/11/2020 but I haven’t received anything and the date matches with the date they sent the receipt for my I-360. I’m so confused. We also applied for I-360; I-485; I-131;  I -765 the same day in the same package wondering why I’m not receiving all the mails the same date as well. 

I called the agent again today 6/16/2020: The agent told me my case has been transfer to Vermont and they don’t have any informations about my case in the USCIS call service center. 

I’m so confused about everything. 

This journey is so stressful. Good luck to all of us. 

On 6/11/2020 at 9:04 AM, eolakunle said:

Our packet was received by USCIS on 05/22/2020 but we have not heard from them since then. We changed addresses in the meantime but now I’m unsure when to send the form I-865 for sponsor’s change of address. Now or when they finally acknowledge a receipt.

We called USCIS on Monday 06/15 and they gave us receipt numbers. The texts notifications came Tuesday 1am and the physical notices should be arriving soon. It seems whoever received the case was just taking their sweet time, but thank God it’s in now.

1 hour ago, eolakunle said:

We called USCIS on Monday 06/15 and they gave us receipt numbers. The texts notifications came Tuesday 1am and the physical notices should be arriving soon. It seems whoever received the case was just taking their sweet time, but thank God it’s in now.

Yeah better get used to that! I'm glad it's in though.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone, we received an RFE on May 15 regarding the “Federal income tax return submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year”. My question is is the online version ok ?or do we need a physical copy for that? Where do I find it? Im just confused because we already submitted an online tax return transcript in the initial application. Any help would be appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ann0724 said:

Hello everyone, we received an RFE on May 15 regarding the “Federal income tax return submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year”. My question is is the online version ok ?or do we need a physical copy for that? Where do I find it? Im just confused because we already submitted an online tax return transcript in the initial application. Any help would be appreciated.

We also did submit a cover letter but I only typed Tax transcript. Im wondering if that’s another reason. My husband did also print the transcript on March I wonder if thats the main culprit

Edited by Ann0724

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys,

I just called USCIS and got my receipt numbers. It turned out that my I-765 because I sent the incorrect fee.

I mailed two money orders ($1,000 and $225.00). The form I-485 and I-131 were accepted.

On USCIS website says the following message.

How am I gonna mail it back since the money orders were cashed?

Case Rejected Because I Sent An Incorrect Fee

On June 11, 2020, we rejected your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSC************** because you sent us the incorrect fee. We mailed your case back to you, including any supporting materials and the incorrect payment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hello guys,

I just called USCIS and got my receipt numbers. It turned out that my I-765 because I sent the incorrect fee.

I mailed two money orders ($1,000 and $225.00). The form I-485 and I-131 were accepted.

On June 11, 2020, we rejected your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number MSC************** because you sent us the incorrect fee. We mailed your case back to you, including any supporting materials and the incorrect payment. 

I contacted USCIS and they told me to resend form I-765 attaching the I-485 NOA hard copy once I receive it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ruan & Emmanuel said:

Hello guys,

Double check your previous 765. You might have selected the wrong category and that's why it was rejected.

Make sure you use C9 or C09 on the new one.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Double check your previous 765. You might have selected the wrong category and that's why it was rejected.

Make sure you use C9 or C09 on the new one.

Do you know what the category would be for k2? I think I read it somewhere that it would be c5. Just double checking. 
Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, JMGN said:

Do you know what the category would be for k2? I think I read it somewhere that it would be c5. Just double checking. 
Thanks

Same category as k1.

Just now, Nastya_7smile said:

I finally got text messages from USCIS last night! We sent ours 06/02/2020, they received 06/05/2020, NOA-1- 06/16/2020, got messages 06/17/2020 late night (11:23 p.m)

Very good congratulations!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.