1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JACKP said:

I do have the AP pending PD May 15 and have service request as well as Local Congressman is waiting for USCIS to respond  , but how did you conclude that not filing AP may slow you down ?

We've been checking folks that have had biometric appointments at our local office...all seem to have applied for AP. Haven't seen any that got a recent biometrics appointment without it. Could just be Detroit.

Oath ceremony completed (Detroit): 06/17/24

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

30 minutes ago, PhoenixNiro said:

We decided to contact our local U.S. Senator for help. That office is following up with USCIS, in addition to the service request we put in with USCIS ourselves. It seems if you didn't do AP you are not a priority for biometrics (sure wishing we had filed that at the time!). PD of May 27. Been well over 90 days since local office (Detroit) opened on July 20. Stilllllllll waiting for a biometrics appointment to move ahead with EAD and SSN. Wondering if the upcoming election is slowing things down. 

I’m in a similar situation. Contacted local US senator for help, open a service request myself, my ASC office is Seattle, reopened since July 13th. The only difference is that I also have an AP pending, and that did not bring any difference to my case, which is out of processing time, and that means nothing for USCIS. I still do not have Bio appointment scheduled, called several times, talked to several tier 2 officers, and yet I just hear that I should keep waiting. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PhoenixNiro said:

We've been checking folks that have had biometric appointments at our local office...all seem to have applied for AP. Haven't seen any that got a recent biometrics appointment without it. Could just be Detroit.

Yes it should be only Local office , as for Columbus, OH  ; I have seen people whose PD is after me and already have done their BIO . And few already got there EAD!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, marianabrasil said:

I’m in a similar situation. Contacted local US senator for help, open a service request myself, my ASC office is Seattle, reopened since July 13th. The only difference is that I also have an AP pending, and that did not bring any difference to my case, which is out of processing time, and that means nothing for USCIS. I still do not have Bio appointment scheduled, called several times, talked to several tier 2 officers, and yet I just hear that I should keep waiting. 

Similar experience here, Apparently looks like local US senator also are given 30 day time period from USICS to respond , I wonder how that is different from the Service Request that we can create ourselves ?

7 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Similar experience here, Apparently looks like local US senator also are given 30 day time period from USICS to respond , I wonder how that is different from the Service Request that we can create ourselves ?

I should receive a response to the service request that I open by myself by November, 15th. My guess is the service request opened by a senator follows the same timeline, I have not hear anything yet from the senator. I also talk to people that have contacted senators in the past, for immigration purposes, and they told me they never received any reply (can be a local thing, though). I decided to try anyway because this black hole is driving me insane.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Super frustrating that so many of us are waiting for such a long time with no word from anyone. Seems a standard wait 30 days no matter where you are checking for an update. Didn't love USCIS's response of well if we don't hear from the local office in 30 days we can try another request. I thought with cut backs on immigrants entering the country, that our timelines would be running a lot faster. Imagine my surprise.... 🤨

Oath ceremony completed (Detroit): 06/17/24

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, JACKP said:

I am thinking of going to ASC next week and see if any one can help me with my BIO ; its been 100 days since ASC opened with no appointment yet , has anyone ever heard of anyone who tried this and succeeded  ? 

I tried it without luck. The officer was willing to help but could only do much.  It can works only if you already have an appointment on the system. Good luck ! 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

so same story for us too. We're still waiting for the biometrics appointment to finally get scheduled. My priority date is May 12th and we applied from austin,TX.

I've been applying to job in the meantime and no luck so far but what if, and I'm being careful here, what if one day I can finally get my life together and get a job. Are you supposed to send that job offer to USCIS and hope that they take care of the work authorization in less than 30 days?

I've requested a service request too a week ago but I don't believe they'll take care of it within the time frame they're saying. they're pretty much untouchable because you have to play nice with a system that doesn't want you here. So tired of it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 10/27/2020 at 10:10 PM, Rich1974 said:

@KrisaT___ @CystashGlad to hear of your successful interviews, I’m thinking I’ll hear of a interview date soon but dreading them going over the I-944 as my wife was working up until covid hit and has been unemployed since, the info on the forms was up to date and relevant but not really applicable now, I’m sure others may have the same issue too?? Do any of you guys have your EAD AND SSN?? I have my EAD but still waiting patiently for my SSN!! 🤞😊

My wife has her EAD, and she is a May 2020 AOS filer.  I can't believe I am saying this about a government worker but the guy at the SS office was super helpful and pushed through her SS application and she now has the SS card.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:07 PM, SergioPerez said:

I’m my uscis I have something similar to you. The two other methods that refer to are:

1. uscis status check:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

2. An app on my phone (not sure if the same as the one you are using)

- app icon attached for you to compare.

But in general has the same issue as you. The status showed as not available for a couple of days. It is now back up but in a weird format (all text whereas before it had drop down options and what not)

You could also call and check what’s going on but definitely seems like a backend issue.

66FE9A8A-004E-4986-9473-A97F24477B83.jpeg

For me it’s all back up snd all the sites have the same updates hope yours is the same too 

Just received my biometric letter for Nov/23 at Kansas city ASC. Here is some information, My 485 arrived on May/06. I requested for EAD expedite on Oct/19, but they told me that the EAD expedite is on hold till you get done with your biometric. I requested for biometric scheduling on Oct/26 (which was the soonest time that I could request for biometric after office opened on July). Then, the letter has been created on Oct/27(the day after my request). There hasn't been any changes on my case statuses. Although, I need to get my EAD ASAP and this time is quite late, I'm thankful that they have done something. 

Does anyone know that If I can reschedule it for some time sooner??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hey everyone, just a little update/maybe help for others still waiting. We never received a ssn for my husband i called ss office and was told we should get one within 2 weeks then 6 weeks. After a month of waiting since we received his ead i was just annoyed with the changing story again and again. I faxed over a copy of ead card, passport, ead approval notice, and application for ssn. It was faxed 10/26/2020 never got a call again from them or anything. Today we received his social security card in the mail with the date of 10/26/2020 on it, so our application was processed same day we faxed it. I want to say don’t just sit back and listen to them telling you to wait i was told for 3 weeks the same thing again and again until one nice worker said all i had to do was fax those things in with an application. Never needed to go into an appointment nothing. They verify your information you fax over with uscis and then just mail it to you

14 minutes ago, Hazhartkd said:

Just received my biometric letter for Nov/23 at Kansas city ASC. Here is some information, My 485 arrived on May/06. I requested for EAD expedite on Oct/19, but they told me that the EAD expedite is on hold till you get done with your biometric. I requested for biometric scheduling on Oct/26 (which was the soonest time that I could request for biometric after office opened on July). Then, the letter has been created on Oct/27(the day after my request). There hasn't been any changes on my case statuses. Although, I need to get my EAD ASAP and this time is quite late, I'm thankful that they have done something. 

Does anyone know that If I can reschedule it for some time sooner??

I am waiting for biometric from the Kansas as well. 06/02/2020 filed, 06/30 RFE, 07/09- Responce for RFE received. Lee Summit center

Congratulations! Have you had RFE and if yes what date they got your response?

Edited by Nastya_7smile

9 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

I am waiting for biometric from the Kansas as well. Congratulations! Have you had RFE and if yes what date they got your response?

Thanks. yeah my RFIE response was received at NBC on June/19. It was about my I864 form. BTW, I'm not a Kq visa holder. I have been in US since 2016 on F1 visa and I filed i130 after my wedding.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.