1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, PSB said:

Sooo frustrating right?🤨

That's why I was thinking that someone who got dq'd in April should call nvc asking how come they are dq' d if the website says they are working on February cases! WOULDN'T WE ALL LOVE TO HEAR THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION???🤔 lol

OMG i soooooo would love to hear that conversation 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/11/2020 at 1:26 PM, MRamak said:

Got DQ'd this afternoon! Something to cheer about during these times 😊 This was our 2nd submission (submit date: 4/17/20). NVC seems to be processing cases faster than before and hope they stick with this consistency. Good luck to everyone here.

This gives me a bit of hope. My 2nd submission was on 4/23/20 . I am hoping to hear something soon because this wait seems so painful than the virus :( . I am stuck at a job that I don't like and I need that silver lining. Do you mind sharing what consulate you are applying at?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Pooja & Pat said:

This gives me a bit of hope. My 2nd submission was on 4/23/20 . I am hoping to hear something soon because this wait seems so painful than the virus :( . I am stuck at a job that I don't like and I need that silver lining. Do you mind sharing what consulate you are applying at?

I'm sure someone is going to have to open up a discussion about which embassies are open. Then the next game starts. At this point I'd rather just go live in Iraq with my spouse. At least we would be together and happy, instead of at the whim of an increasingly messed up government aimed at making immigration impossible. 

And it kills me to no end that the president has married two immigrants. Yes, more anxiety and more depression. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My i130 just got approved on may 15. So I have two questions.

when should I expect NVC to send me the case# and invoice #? Also if I can’t get the police certicate and my wife birth certificate because of Covid-19 what can I do?

also do we have to translate all the documents?

i appreciate the help! And good luck everyone on this stressful journey!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Hassan19 said:

My i130 just got approved on may 15. So I have two questions.

when should I expect NVC to send me the case# and invoice #? Also if I can’t get the police certicate and my wife birth certificate because of Covid-19 what can I do?

also do we have to translate all the documents?

i appreciate the help! And good luck everyone on this stressful journey!!

I got the case and invoice numbers from the NVC the next day, so hopefully you'll get it sometime this week.

If you can't get copies of documents due to Covid, there is a spot to add a comment stating why you don't have it. Explain the situation and that you will bring copies to the interview. Hopefully someone else here can confirm that this method doesn't result in an RFE. I was lucky that we were still able to get a police certificate during this time so didn't run into this issue.

And yes, the instructions state that all documents should be translated.

Congrats on getting to this stage!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JenIE said:

I got the case and invoice numbers from the NVC the next day, so hopefully you'll get it sometime this week.

If you can't get copies of documents due to Covid, there is a spot to add a comment stating why you don't have it. Explain the situation and that you will bring copies to the interview. Hopefully someone else here can confirm that this method doesn't result in an RFE. I was lucky that we were still able to get a police certificate during this time so didn't run into this issue.

And yes, the instructions state that all documents should be translated.

Congrats on getting to this stage!

Excellent! I appreciate it. I hope that’s the case for the documents! Or I’ll ha e to wait more time!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hassan19 said:

Excellent! I appreciate it. I hope that’s the case for the documents! Or I’ll ha e to wait more time!!

Only those who's I-130 starts with IOE case number receive WL letter this quick. All other case numbers wait 4-8 weeks for WL, some even longer due to Covid delays at the moment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Only those who's I-130 starts with IOE case number receive WL letter this quick. All other case numbers wait 4-8 weeks for WL, some even longer due to Covid delays at the moment.

Oh man I didn't realize there was such a discrepancy in timeframes! I suppose it's possible his I-130 case is older, but don't they all start with IOE now?

Edited by JenIE

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JenIE said:

Oh man I didn't realize there was such a discrepancy in timeframes! I suppose it's possible his I-130 case is older, but don't they all start with IOE now?

My i130 is IOE I filled in October 2019. So hopefully I’ll get the email from nvc sometimes this week!

9 minutes ago, leo18 said:

I called and they just said reduced staff. They are basically moving 1 day a week in the past 3 weeks. 

I submitted on Feb 20, 2020. Still no DQ yet. I don’t understand how they are processing for submission dates after. 

Thanks for the update. Yes you are right we can never understand how they process but best of luck to you, hopefully we all hear from them soon. 

Hello All,

I need some guidance regarding I-864

Following are my questions.

i)I am going to sponsor my wife but my income for 2019 is not enough so I will have joint sponsor..... my joint sponser filled his tax return with his wife "Married Filling Jointly" and her wife did not do any job in 2019  so do I have to fill seperatelly I-864A for with Joint sponser wife? or should I write down a letter  for her and get the sign that she did not do work in 2019? and  as all income belongs to her husband which my joint sponser......

ii) As I have joint sponsor Do I have to fill I-864 for myself I am petitioner.

iii)  Tax transcript for 2019 is not available yet I and my joint sponser have sumbitted tax return for 2019 so can we use 1040? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, uzairrkhann@gmail said:

Hello All,

I need some guidance regarding I-864

Following are my questions.

i)I am going to sponsor my wife but my income for 2019 is not enough so I will have joint sponsor..... my joint sponser filled his tax return with his wife "Married Filling Jointly" and her wife did not do any job in 2019  so do I have to fill seperatelly I-864A for with Joint sponser wife? or should I write down a letter  for her and get the sign that she did not do work in 2019? and  as all income belongs to her husband which my joint sponser......

ii) As I have joint sponsor Do I have to fill I-864 for myself I am petitioner.

iii)  Tax transcript for 2019 is not available yet I and my joint sponser have sumbitted tax return for 2019 so can we use 1040? 

Thanks

A1: you only need joint sponser’s tax return making sure he makes enough money. There is no need for his wife’s sign of anything.   A2) yes you need to fill out I 864 for yourself as you are petitioner.  A3) if your tax transcript  for 2019 are not available just upload 2018 at this point or you can upload 1040 with W2s. Hope that helps 

It's smart to have the spouse of your joint sponsor fill out an I-864a.  They may ask for it. Avoid the RFE

Do any of you know what time of day payments go from in process to paid? Does it change at midnight EST? 

Edited by TVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.