1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Not really feasible, unfortunately. The AOS applicants had prior interviews and visas, e.g. K1 and they also already provided biometrics and medical. In our situations it’s a bit different.

Sad reality!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Just now, bharath and manu said:

Sad reality!!

For what it’s worth - you can be happy that at least your visa class is not suspended once embassies resume work. The executive order is a whole different problem for many (like us) and realistically they won’t let it expire but rather extend I’m afraid.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

For what it’s worth - you can be happy that at least your visa class is not suspended once embassies resume work. The executive order is a whole different problem for many (like us) and realistically they won’t let it expire but rather extend I’m afraid.

I totally understand the situation and I hope the EO does not get extended and everyone can be with their loved ones soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

Not really feasible, unfortunately. The AOS applicants had prior interviews and visas, e.g. K1 and they also already provided biometrics and medical. In our situations it’s a bit different.

Ahhh thanks for explaining. I was like how in the world would anyone in the time of Trump not have an interview. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all, 

Just got our I-130 approved on 5/14 and got NVC case number on 5/15. Working on submitting the NVC docs.. Now my next step of worry is when will we ever get the interview date (depending on how many people are waiting in queue to be interviewed).

On 4/30/2020 at 9:11 PM, dwheels76 said:

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/738398-case-complete-to-interview-june-2020/

I submit all my documents to NVC 20 April , waiting to hear back 

I have Q ، when I go to check my status it say action required, and I’m sure we press submit , what should I do or is this normal to show ?

Edited by Unlockable
Image containing personal info

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
23 minutes ago, man1234 said:

have Q ، when I go to check my status it say action required, and I’m sure we press submit , what should I do or is this normal to show ?

Hi. Please be careful - you posted your individual case number in a public forum. I reported your post so an admin can remove it for your own protection.

did you check under ceac account if it says “submitted” for both your civil docs and financials?

*** One post edited to remove image with personal info. Please be cautious of posting such info on a public forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

7 hours ago, man1234 said:

I submit all my documents to NVC 20 April , waiting to hear back 

I have Q ، when I go to check my status it say action required, and I’m sure we press submit , what should I do or is this normal to show ?

It’s because of where u check it . Mine was like that wen I check it from the same site u check it but when I check it from ceac it showed me that it submitted and now I’m DQ

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quote to removed attachment containing personal information

47 minutes ago, Fergie876 said:

It’s because of where u check it . Mine was like that wen I check it from the same site u check it but when I check it from ceac it showed me that it submitted and now I’m DQ

Congratulations,,, thanks a lot for your answer wish I get main soon 

1 hour ago, Fergie876 said:

When did u submit?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.