1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JC&PB said:

But I'm not DQ yet, so it's better to check with others just to be sure as the waiting game for NVC is frustrating

To be honest, I think it’s best to go by NVC instructions for that specific country. We’ve seen just as many people getting DQ with only the basics, as we saw unexpected requests for additional documentation (of which many seemed to be mentioned under post specific instructions). By relying on the forum there are to many filters (personal experience, perception, and so on) that in 90% probably don’t apply to somebody else’s case.

I’m with you on the frustration part 😂 but with the current visa suspension I don’t even know what to wish for at this point. I kind of want my naturalization to be complete before my hubby gets the interview to avoid additional hurdles 😑

12 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

To be honest, I think it’s best to go by NVC instructions for that specific country. We’ve seen just as many people getting DQ with only the basics, as we saw unexpected requests for additional documentation (of which many seemed to be mentioned under post specific instructions). By relying on the forum there are to many filters (personal experience, perception, and so on) that in 90% probably don’t apply to somebody else’s case.

I’m with you on the frustration part 😂 but with the current visa suspension I don’t even know what to wish for at this point. I kind of want my naturalization to be complete before my hubby gets the interview to avoid additional hurdles 😑

1. Thank you for your answer on the sources of income. Under which screen are people uploading it,  with the federal tax return or additional documents? I heard the file cannot go over 2MB. 

image.png.92569d4d40c68b323d235e0e9b57f7ee.png

image.png.a92866e5bb3a29a3702b611b7e5c2b01.png

2. It seems may people are able to submit 2016- 2018 tax return and I'm being advised not to do it otherwise I would get an RFE or might be asked to. I'm trying not to hold up the process by trying to get my 2019 taxes done.  Any thoughts on this? 

3. Also my husband is already almost done with the DS- 260. Is there anyway we can move on to civil documents? I thought we should be able to move around and fill out different documents at the same time. 

Edited by Biola
Edit

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Biola said:

1. Thank you for your answer on the sources of income. Under which screen are people uploading it,  with the federal tax return or additional documents? I heard the file cannot go over 2MB. 

image.png.92569d4d40c68b323d235e0e9b57f7ee.png

image.png.a92866e5bb3a29a3702b611b7e5c2b01.png

2. It seems may people are able to submit 2016- 2018 tax return and I'm being advised not to do it otherwise I would get an RFE or might be asked to. I'm trying not to hold up the process by trying to get my 2019 taxes done.  Any thoughts on this? 

3. Also my husband is already almost done with the DS- 260. Is there anyway we can move on to civil documents? I thought we should be able to move around and fill out different documents at the same time. 

1) Leave every document separate. Upload W2 and 1099 individual under additional, the drop down has each as choice.

2) only the most recent tax year is needed. If you already filed 2019 you can go with that, if not 2018 is perfectly fine.

3) you can start uploading civil documents once the DS-260 has been submitted 

10 hours ago, Quarknase said:

have you tried downloading a fresh form? It works for me - all above numbers add up automatically in 8. Which program do you use to open PDF? Maybe the program breaks the formulas

10 hours ago, Quarknase said:

that's probably the issue. Save the form local and open with adobe reader or similar. Not a web browser.

Thank you I got it to work doing that.

44 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

1) Leave every document separate. Upload W2 and 1099 individual under additional, the drop down has each as choice.

2) only the most recent tax year is needed. If you already filed 2019 you can go with that, if not 2018 is perfectly fine.

3) you can start uploading civil documents once the DS-260 has been submitted 

Thank you. 

13 hours ago, NNN_BP said:

Thank you for responding. But I have one child dependent and I am married to the beneficiary. When I try to change number 8 where it asks for you to add 1-7 it canning be changed from 1. That’s where I’m a bit confused. 

So you would enter 1 in number 1 and you say you have another dependent so then you would enter 1 in number 5. It should automatically add it up. Hope that helps.

What if the joint sponsor file as married filing jointly she need to put his individual income, and add her husband as household income and fill her i-864a?

What if the joint sponsor file as married filing jointly she need to put his individual income, and add her husband as household income and fill her i-864a?

14 minutes ago, NNN_BP said:

Yeah that wasn’t working for me but I was able to print a clear page and write it in. 

I see what you're saying. If you download acrobat reader it works well. I was having the same problem. I then downloaded acrobat reader and tried the free version for 7 days and it worked well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Iamtheyeti said:

Has anyone's case been transferred from the NVC to the Embassy/consulate in the last couple of weeks?

I saw in some other thread that once the NVC has DQed all the docs they are still holding on to the files and are not sending anything to the embassies until they reopen. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, bharath and manu said:

I saw in some other thread that once the NVC has DQed all the docs they are still holding on to the files and are not sending anything to the embassies until they reopen. 

Yes - NVC schedules the interview for IV and then sends the file to the embassy. There’s nothing to schedule at the moment so it just sits there I assume 😑

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

Yes - NVC schedules the interview for IV and then sends the file to the embassy. There’s nothing to schedule at the moment so it just sits there I assume 😑

Some AOS applicants here in the US have got their interviews waived off. I wish they do the same for everyone, be it IR1 or a CR1 category visa. The wait times to get the interview will increase taking into consideration the cancellations that happened from Feb onwards due to covid 19.

Edited by bharath and manu

Timeline
1 minute ago, bharath and manu said:

Some AOS applicants here in the US have got their interviews waived off. I wish they do the same for everyone, be it IR1 or a CR1 category visa.

Not really feasible, unfortunately. The AOS applicants had prior interviews and visas, e.g. K1 and they also already provided biometrics and medical. In our situations it’s a bit different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.