1,215 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Nenz.i said:

Let us know what they say. I’ll call later on when it’s not as busy. 

Yeah, hopefully they answer. What I do is call and then press 1, if it doesnt send me to the other options then it means they will not answer. I then hang up and proceed again.

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

I’m actually wondering if any of the approved cases had IOE numbers? Maybe something’s up with the new integration. But then again there are folks with February submissions who filed I-130 long before IOE became a thing so I really don’t know

What is an IOE number?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nenz.i said:

I am actually considering calling them and seeing what is going on with some cases being approved more quickly than others/the date not changing on the time frame. I'm really curious as to what's going on. Has anyone called to see? 

I called last week and they said that it is impossible that ppl are getting reviewed before other people as they go in order of received. They also stated that the ppl telling me that they were getting reviewed before me are lying. Lol guess a lot of ppl on VJ are lying including the screen shots of their documents. 

Just now, HKS said:

I called last week and they said that it is impossible that ppl are getting reviewed before other people as they go in order of received. They also stated that the ppl telling me that they were getting reviewed before me are lying. Lol guess a lot of ppl on VJ are lying including the screen shots of their documents. 

goodNess!!!! Why do they do this to us 😭😭😭

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

What is an IOE number?

I-130 petitions filed online, or filed since last half of 2019. Their case number starts with the letters IOE which means they are not assigned to a service center, but are being processed at e-center location which I understand is the centralization of all I-130 petitions to prevent different processing times based on the center that received it.

IOE center also appears to have a direct integration with NVC, because WL is received within 24 hours for those cases rather than the usual 4-8 weeks for a case to be shipped to NVC and processed there.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MRamak said:

Got DQ'd this afternoon! Something to cheer about during these times 😊 This was our 2nd submission (submit date: 4/17/20). NVC seems to be processing cases faster than before and hope they stick with this consistency. Good luck to everyone here.

According to NVC's statement to HKS you're lying :D j/k - congratulations! Happy for ya!

Submitted in Feb and no updates so far. It's so depressing to see NVC giving out DQs all over the place. We also tried calling and basically got told "I don't know what you are talking about, just shut up and wait in line."

I do wonder, should we try to add some additional documents on CEAC to shake the dust off our files? Might risk to be put to the back of the line (as if we are not currently at the back of the line lol). Are there any additional actions we can take other than calling?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

According to NVC's statement to HKS you're lying :D j/k - congratulations! Happy for ya!

I honestly couldn't believe my own eyes reading the DQ email, even called NVC to confirm...LOL! Hope you all get DQ'd soon and move onto the next step of this journey.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JourneyTogether said:

Submitted in Feb and no updates so far. It's so depressing to see NVC giving out DQs all over the place. We also tried calling and basically got told "I don't know what you are talking about, just shut up and wait in line."

I do wonder, should we try to add some additional documents on CEAC to shake the dust off our files? Might risk to be put to the back of the line (as if we are not currently at the back of the line lol). Are there any additional actions we can take other than calling?

No worries hat doesn't work either :D I submitted on 04/09 and added some additional documents on 04/24. Still no DQ :D :D :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So I decided to try the "NVC Visa Status Check" on the CEAC website and it gave me the following message.. "Action required: Submit requested documents"

It shows that I submitted ds260 on 4/23. I submitted all docs on 4/29, so I'm confused why it's telling me to submit documents. Also, when I log in to my account, the red "submit documents" buttons are still able to be pressed (like they're active) on both civil and AOS document pages. Is this normal? I'm not feeling confident that my documents were actually submitted and sent now!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Katie & Camilo said:

So I decided to try the "NVC Visa Status Check" on the CEAC website and it gave me the following message.. "Action required: Submit requested documents"

It shows that I submitted ds260 on 4/23. I submitted all docs on 4/29, so I'm confused why it's telling me to submit documents. Also, when I log in to my account, the red "submit documents" buttons are still able to be pressed (like they're active) on both civil and AOS document pages. Is this normal? I'm not feeling confident that my documents were actually submitted and sent now!

that page isn't even loading for me but I can imagine that the status remains as you say above until you have received DQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.