1,215 posts in this topic

Have a huge question. Got my noa2 letter already, but my letter says “beneficiary will be notified separately when a decision is made on their pending adjustment of status application.” 

we never filed an adjustment of status. My partner left in November and we filed in January. So I’m confused. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

What was the reason for your calling?

The only reason why I mentioned it was because it used to be a 45 minute wait on hold when calling NVC. I just thought to mention that it is down to 1 minute wait of anyone had the need to call them and didn't want to wait the 45 minutes like usual. 

22 minutes ago, HKS said:

The only reason why I mentioned it was because it used to be a 45 minute wait on hold when calling NVC. I just thought to mention that it is down to 1 minute wait of anyone had the need to call them and didn't want to wait the 45 minutes like usual. 

Thank you, you are right. The nvc should have more people reviewing cases instead of more people answering calls.

9 hours ago, TamMhmd said:

I see people asking about priority date. Can someone explain the PD to me? I thought that spousal visas don't go by PD?

I mean i HAVE a PD but the PD date is the same as my I-130 received date - 25 Feb 2019.

Just don't understand why some are concerned with PD and wonder if I should be to.

Priority dates matter because they determine where a foreign national is placed in line to wait for an immigrant visa (green card).

Some visa categories have a number of allotted Green Cards per year. This doesn’t apply to Immediate relatives of a US Citizen.

But still your PD tells you your place in line to your case get reviewed by USCIS.

Our NOA1 was on March 04, 2019 and the NOA2 was March 09, 2020. 

9 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Maybe they can give you specific instructions in Pakistan subforum because I remember it’s very specific for PK. If I remember correct you have two marriage certs that are required with translation. All should be scanned into one document which must be under 2MB. I noticed that scanner apps can be tricky for multi page documents from the size. I personally ended up going to a copy shop for scanning because I had a 12 page document that scanner apps couldn’t produce in less than 3.6MB (even after compression), and a regular scanner brought it to 867kb at 200dpi resolution 

How do you know they should both be scanned as one document? According to NVC uploading guidelines they are two separate documents.

One is a NADRA marriage registration certificate. I uploaded this separately. Then there is a nikah nama which is a completely different document issued by a different department, that I uploaded separately with the translation included in the same file. Hoping it will be accepted lol. Browsing these forums is just nerve wracking!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, LewsTT said:

How do you know they should both be scanned as one document? According to NVC uploading guidelines they are two separate documents.

One is a NADRA marriage registration certificate. I uploaded this separately. Then there is a nikah nama which is a completely different document issued by a different department, that I uploaded separately with the translation included in the same file. Hoping it will be accepted lol. Browsing these forums is just nerve wracking!  

Translation documents should be included in one PDF file with the original document.
I uploaded all of them in one file. Even though all of them are different but they contain same information. Lol 🤣 I swear this process is gonna make me crazy. Well fingers crossed. Hope the documents will be accepted. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, LewsTT said:

Did you get your documents attested from Foreign office? Wondering is it necessary or not.  

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mishakhan said:

I made the same mistake as @Bakhtawar Gul.

I uploaded my Nadra Marriage Certificate. I received FE . And it was same ‘ Pakistan requires more than one marriage certificate’ . 

I resubmitted it 

What did you resubmit? 

58 minutes ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

Translation documents should be included in one PDF file with the original document.
I uploaded all of them in one file. Even though all of them are different but they contain same information. Lol 🤣 I swear this process is gonna make me crazy. Well fingers crossed. Hope the documents will be accepted. 

Yes, I Included the translation and accuracy statement from the translator in the same document. I just kept the NADRA marriage certificate separate because it is a completely different document issued by a different authority. Meh

56 minutes ago, Bakhtawar Gul said:

Did you get your documents attested from Foreign office? Wondering is it necessary or not.  

I havent read anywhere official that it is necessary. I remember reading somewhere that it is important to include a certificate of accuracy from the translator though.

My NADRA certificate was already attested by FO. Translation of nikah nama I got notarized because some people here said you should. But havent gotten that attested by FO.

Just keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!

Have a huge question. Got my noa2 letter already, but my letter says “beneficiary will be notified separately when a decision is made on their pending adjustment of status application.” 

we never filed an adjustment of status. My partner left in November and we filed in January. So I’m confused.  

oops I already posted this 

Edited by Afternoonsummer

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 hours ago, LewsTT said:

I do not know, I was just trying to help her since I read that instructions for PK marriage certificates are very specific at NVC and many people get RFE's, so I suggested the regional forum to get the exact answer :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.