Greenbaum

MAY 2020 I-129F (K-1) Filers

149 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2021 at 1:51 PM, Michelle R said:

I also got a RFE yesterday 1/19/2021.  I have the same question...how long should we expect the mail to take so we could know what they want more from us?

Mailed arrived on 1/28, wanting another passport photo of me.  I got it taken and returned it 1/28; their system updated receipt of evidence 2/1 and now I wait for NAO2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe someone can shed some light. My fiancé and I filed in the beginning of may and haven’t gotten anything except the notice of receipt. 
I have attempted to fill out the “outside processing time” form and it just says we are within the normal times.

many insight? Something we’re missing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 2/2/2021 at 10:48 AM, Jennrag said:

I am so happy!!😍

After a long, long wait finally got NOA2 approved✔️

NOA1 may 19/20

NOA2 feb 2/21

No RFE

We prepared the docs on our own with the help of this amazing blog.

Hello! I am sending my i-129F out on tuesday..... my fiance is from Colombia(Bogota). I had an attorney here in the states prepare the documents for me ... i am just a little pessimistic about the embassy being backlogged. Any advice for me?  Sorry I know its a general question but seems that you applied during the pandemic and got NOA2 in about the estimated time frame .... ciao 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Noa 1 - May 13, 2020 

Case inquiry outside normal processing time - January 24, 2021 

Case inquiry response - Feb 02, 2021 (states that the case is being adjudicated and will receive a decision within 45 days)

Noa 2 - Feb 05, 2021

Looking forward to marrying the love of my life soon. 

On 1/9/2021 at 1:48 PM, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations!  Join us in the JANUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks, and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post the direct link to the thread below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/754484-january-2021-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

Hello, 

thank you for providing this link. Is there a group for February NOA2 approvals? Or could I join this group? I was just approved February 5th. NOA1 May 19, 2020. RFE January 6, 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Our NOA1 was late May (05/26). Still no NOA2 which is frustrating. Submitted an inquiry for the first time at the end of January and contacted my Congressperson last week. Anyone else in a similar situation? We submitted plenty of evidence (used to live together abroad) and my fiancé has never entered the U.S. so there's no issues with immigration history or anything else that could slow a case down

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Adriana L said:

Yes, received ours March 1! 

Did contacting your representative help your case get approved?

2 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

Did contacting your representative help your case get approved?

Yes, potentially! We got a response from our representative's office the Friday before we got approved saying that our case was being adjudicated and that we'd hear within 10-15 days, and we heard the very next Monday. It will definitely at least force USCIS to look at the file. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Still waiting for the approval after replying the RFE, I must be one of very few left. This has made me miss out on multiple chances of joining a lawsuit but now the NIE update and K1 will be back on track... no complaints (maybe a little haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I cannot believe I am typing it, I am in disbelief, so happy and excited! After 322 days of waiting, our case got approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JulijaKC said:

I cannot believe I am typing it, I am in disbelief, so happy and excited! After 322 days of waiting, our case got approved!

Congrats to you ! I’m happy to hear any good news in this forum for k-1 filers .. hopefully one day I’ll be in your boat with my girl ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.