Dags

Filed into Nebraska, but NVC to happen in London

15 posts in this topic

Hi

We’ve filed our I130 petition to USCIS lockbox in States - received in Nebraska. We thought we missed the deadline for filing in London, but it turns out we could of done it due to being military based in England, too late now 😩

My question is about DCF. Will we still fall under DCF category? I know our petition is being reviewed in States, but visa processing afterward will be happening in London. Is there any hope this fact could actually Speed up the process?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dags said:

Hi

We’ve filed our I130 petition to USCIS lockbox in States - received in Nebraska. We thought we missed the deadline for filing in London, but it turns out we could of done it due to being military based in England, too late now 😩

My question is about DCF. Will we still fall under DCF category? I know our petition is being reviewed in States, but visa processing afterward will be happening in London. Is there any hope this fact could actually Speed up the process?

thanks

To be a DCF case, you would have  to submit your petition to the USCIS office In London. That office closed down at the end of March. This was not related to Covid-19. It had already been planned for months or a year that the post in London would be ending operations as did other USCIS offices abroad. 

Since your petition was submitted to USCIS in the US, it will remain in the US and still have to go through the NVC before being scheduled for an interview at the consulate in London.  

Edited by Wuozopo

6 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

To be a DCF case, you would have  to submit your petition to the USCIS office In London. That office closed down at the end of March. This was not related to Covid-19. It had already been planned for months or a year that the post in London would be ending operations as did other USCIS offices abroad. 

Since your petition was submitted to USCIS in the US, it will remain in the US and still have to go through the NVC before being scheduled for an interview at the consulate in London.  

We are falling under the exemption due to being in military under London jurisdiction, however we found out about it after we have already submitted the petition to US.

2 minutes ago, Dags said:

We are falling under the exemption due to being in military under London jurisdiction, however we found out about it after we have already submitted the petition to US.

Too late unless you refile after they open.  Are you PCSing to the USA with a set date to relocate?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

5 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Too late unless you refile after they open.  Are you PCSing to the USA with a set date to relocate?

We don’t know yet. We’re supposed be PSCing to Japan this August, but military has our movement ban currently so this will be surely postponed. Also, for medical reasons we may be sent stateside instead, but nothing is confirmed 😫 and not sure when we will get it confirmed.

7 minutes ago, Dags said:

We don’t know yet. We’re supposed be PSCing to Japan this August, but military has our movement ban currently so this will be surely postponed. Also, for medical reasons we may be sent stateside instead, but nothing is confirmed 😫 and not sure when we will get it confirmed.

If you get a sudden relocation you can apply for an expedite to both USCIS and NVC. Not sure if they will grant it for PCS or if theyre keeping it just for deployment. Regardless your spouse cant move without a visa.  You could refile with London when it opens again as I mentioned. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, NikLR said:

If you get a sudden relocation you can apply for an expedite to both USCIS and NVC. Not sure if they will grant it for PCS or if theyre keeping it just for deployment. Regardless your spouse cant move without a visa.  You could refile with London when it opens again as I mentioned. 

Is that possible?  London closed for i130 submission as of March 31

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Yes, bit under the exemptions, you still can file i130 until the office gets actually closed. And that’s sometime in July as far as I know.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Dags said:

Yes, bit under the exemptions, you still can file i130 until the office gets actually closed. And that’s sometime in July as far as know

If you file in July,  they are not going to have sufficient time to process before the office closes,  then what?

YMMV

11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you file in July,  they are not going to have sufficient time to process before the office closes,  then what?

I don’t know. I’m just saying that you still could do it currently. I’ve already submitted it to USCIS lockbox so it doesn’t really matter for me anymore as it’s too late.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Dags said:

I don’t know. I’m just saying that you still could do it currently. I’ve already submitted it to USCIS lockbox so it doesn’t really matter for me anymore as it’s too late.

This is the consulate webpage about skipping USCIS and filing directly to the Department of State (embassy).

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-i-130-petitions/?_ga=2.244625094.2102507400.1587992994-465591614.1586737092

You might want to check back for further information on accepting petitions. I think you will have to start over with a new application and fees. Then if DOS chooses not to process your petition, you will have to refile in the US. 

Edited by Wuozopo

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Military exemption for dcf.  Someone recently filed in south korea for their spouse in another country which went thru! 

5 hours ago, NikLR said:

Military exemption for dcf.  Someone recently filed in south korea for their spouse in another country which went thru! 

yeah after speaking with USCIS live chat we’ve been told we can put a transfer request to USCIS London, since we didn’t release DCF can’t be done with filing online. It seems so they’ve got jurisdiction to deny or allow it. However the USCIS office in London it’s entirely closed, no reviews or processing. So we may try it when they reopen again. 

Honestly, even if you can get it transferred, it may not be any faster than the process its already in.

22 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Honestly, even if you can get it transferred, it may not be any faster than the process its already in.

You may be right.. however with current processing times for Nebraska I’m not sure .. we will decide once London office is opened again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.