RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
17 hours ago, jsmith2020 said:

Thanks for your reply! Anyone else have problems? Rather than asking for negative outcomes, maybe a better question would be to ask what's generally been successful. Have US citizens been successful in entering Serbia and Mexico via plane? Are EU nationals generally successful in entering countries like Serbia or Mexico? What has worked for the majority of people?

Also, why aren't many people going to Turkey? It looks like it's open to travel and Turkish Airlines doesn't have a problem with EU nationals transiting through there.

I've created a Google Spreadsheet on their journey to USA. Please feel free to add your info. I think it will help a lot of people in planning their travels before their visas expire!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGaH5KVMQlfrgAnCc_6SDwCQq9CCRCHRy99Nhx7dXaM/edit?usp=sharing

I'm in Mexico right now. I didn't have any trouble at all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So I'm confused did the America EU Travel ban get extended or did it run out on June 12? 

I know the EU is now considering banning Americans but what about the old travel ban from USA? 

I cant find anything that says without a doubt the ban has been lifted.

Timeline

Our Embassy's website updated this June 22nd. And it says this in it:

Entry of foreign nationals who were physically present within the following list of countries within 14 days prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States is suspended, per Presidential Proclamations 9984, 9992, 9993, 9996 and the subsequent proclamation issued May 24, 2020:

• Brazil (effective May 26 at 11:59 p.m. EDT);
  • The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe;
  • The Republic of Ireland;
  • The 26 countries that comprise the Schengen Area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland);
  • The Islamic Republic of Iran;
  • The People’s Republic of China, not including the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau

So I guess its still in effect?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
8 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

So I'm confused did the America EU Travel ban get extended or did it run out on June 12? 

I know the EU is now considering banning Americans but what about the old travel ban from USA? 

I cant find anything that says without a doubt the ban has been lifted.

it didn't need to get extended because this one didn't have an expiration date. It's still in effect. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, evapaula said:

it didn't need to get extended because this one didn't have an expiration date. It's still in effect. 

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I appreciate it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Yes, I made it! Apologies for the delay, yesterday was my fiancé's birthday so we had to celebrate it!! :) 

For those flying from Mexico to the US, you will have to complete an online questionnaire (afac.hostingerapp.com), take a screenshot of the final QR code and show it at the airport security check. 

My flight arrived in Miami 40 minutes before ETA but POE was terrible. Even though there was almost nobody, I spent almost 2 hours in the interview room just because I heard the CBP officer in charge of my case saying that it's been a while that they did not have a K1! They were also confused because they thought I was directly flying from Europe. They hadn't checked my entry stamp in Mexico....... They wanted me to be checked by the CDC until I told them that I had spent 15 days in Mexico before entering Miami. It was so confusing.They then had to regularly check with their colleagues to ensure they were following the correct steps from their end, and finally stamped my passport. Our visa expires on September 2 but we were given 90 days for the wedding (until September 20). After all the craziness we've just been through, I assume you know that we do not want to risk it lol. 

I still cannot believe we made it, everything looks unreal. Definitely excited to finally be able to start our lives together, without having to count the remaining days we have together like each time we would visit each other! 

For those of us who plan to travel to an unrestricted country or who are still waiting for their 14 days to be over; I am sending you some good vibes and wishing you the best of luck for the rest of your journey! All my thoughts also go to the people who are in the middle of the K1 process. Hang in there, I really hope you will be reunited with your loved ones very soon! 

Congratulations! Very happy for you guys!!!

46 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Our visa expires on September 2 but we were given 90 days for the wedding (until September 20).

The 90 days is correct:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date.html

INA 101(a)(15)(K)(i): "is the fiancée or fiancé of a citizen of the United States (other than a citizen described in section 1154(a)(1)(A)(viii)(I) of this title) and who seeks to enter the United States solely to conclude a valid marriage with the petitioner within ninety days after admission"

Thus, CBP did it correctly.

Timeline

For those that went to Mexico - did you already have your stay arrangements made before arriving?  We wanted to pre-book a hotel but are worried if we are denied entry that we will lose out on the hotel since most are non-refundable. Does immigration ask you where you are staying or does Mexico require anything specific like that?

Thanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, dpnce said:

Yes, I made it! Apologies for the delay, yesterday was my fiancé's birthday so we had to celebrate it!! :) 

For those flying from Mexico to the US, you will have to complete an online questionnaire (afac.hostingerapp.com), take a screenshot of the final QR code and show it at the airport security check. 

My flight arrived in Miami 40 minutes before ETA but POE was terrible. Even though there was almost nobody, I spent almost 2 hours in the interview room just because I heard the CBP officer in charge of my case saying that it's been a while that they did not have a K1! They were also confused because they thought I was directly flying from Europe. They hadn't checked my entry stamp in Mexico....... They wanted me to be checked by the CDC until I told them that I had spent 15 days in Mexico before entering Miami. It was so confusing.They then had to regularly check with their colleagues to ensure they were following the correct steps from their end, and finally stamped my passport. Our visa expires on September 2 but we were given 90 days for the wedding (until September 20). After all the craziness we've just been through, I assume you know that we do not want to risk it lol. 

I still cannot believe we made it, everything looks unreal. Definitely excited to finally be able to start our lives together, without having to count the remaining days we have together like each time we would visit each other! 

For those of us who plan to travel to an unrestricted country or who are still waiting for their 14 days to be over; I am sending you some good vibes and wishing you the best of luck for the rest of your journey! All my thoughts also go to the people who are in the middle of the K1 process. Hang in there, I really hope you will be reunited with your loved ones very soon! 

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you to whomever recommended the 7 Rooms Suites hotel in Belgrade - my parents and brother are currently there, scheduled to fly out tomorrow. Crossing the land border from Romania was super easy, they got a stamp to prove the transit date (although normally they could cross with just ID, no passport). So far so good, fingers crossed everything goes well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, evapaula said:

Thank you to whomever recommended the 7 Rooms Suites hotel in Belgrade - my parents and brother are currently there, scheduled to fly out tomorrow. Crossing the land border from Romania was super easy, they got a stamp to prove the transit date (although normally they could cross with just ID, no passport). So far so good, fingers crossed everything goes well. 

I am at the 7 Rooms Suites 🙂 I saw your parents and brother this afternoon when they arrived. I know all the other guests, I have been here for 10 days and there are only 7 rooms 😉 I hope everything goes smoothly for them!! So, I guess they are from Romania and not affected by the travel ban?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.