RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
13 hours ago, GlizNov said:

I received my K1 visa in the post the day after the UK travel ban kicked in. I've been reading everyone's experiences so far going to other countries and been really inspired. Thank you all for sharing your stories. 

I have until 3rd Sept on the visa but I'm getting pretty restless sitting here waiting. So I am beginning to plan a way for me to travel too from London possibly in next 2-3 weeks. Is Serbia still a good option? Is Air Serbia a reliable airline? I plan to take a direct flight to JFK from Belgrade with them. 

Any advice would be amazing 

My fiancé is from England and in Belgrade right now. Hotels/food really cheap and so far people in this forum coming from Serbia to the US are getting in at JFK with no problem. I would advise you do the Serbia route ASAP. Things are changing so fast and the US government has not given any indication of extending K1 visas

On 6/19/2020 at 1:43 AM, VioletM said:

Hi! So somebody commented the following a few days ago: 

It seems that you should be ok. The EO that expires concerns immigrant ban as far as I understand, not the land border. There is an upcoming EO that might ban certain non-immigrant visa holders (H1B, J1, L1(?)...) but noone knows which visa types will be affected, what the exemptions of it are, or when it actually comes out. Apparently it doesn't have to be before the 22nd/23rd, but it might be, but it might also be later. Or not at all. Uncertainty, basically. But unless your visa is one of those types, you should be ok.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Laku said:

Yes even the Bern consulate is not committing to reissuing expired k1 visa. I don't think the embassies are opening and resuming routine operations. Does anyone here have any information on the response received after contacting embassy regarding reissue after visa expiring ?

The response I received for the Amsterdam Embassy:

"If he is not able to travel to the US before the expiration date of his visa, he can contact us after the travel suspension, and we will review the facts and circumstances of his case. As for now, we cannot provide you with a time frame when the suspension will be lifted."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Laku said:

Thanks so much, when did you receive this message because in March the same consulate responded positively saying that they would reissue if you produce a new medical certificate, but now they are saying that there is no guidelines for reissue. Strange.

This was right after the first immigration ban that Trump instituted. 

Thanks ! Trump's travel ban from Europe to US was around 13th March. After this ban we received a positive reply from embassy and they were happy to reissue with a new medical examination certificate. The immigration suspension was around 22 April and ever since that they have been saying that they have no guidelines. I wonder what is happening ☹️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Deoiel said:

Hmmm I’m not sure I’d call this good news as USA is nowhere near meeting EU’s criteria... but at least we’re hearing about something happening behind the curtain, so I guess that’s the positive part!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

18 minutes ago, agataa said:

Hmmm I’m not sure I’d call this good news as USA is nowhere near meeting EU’s criteria... but at least we’re hearing about something happening behind the curtain, so I guess that’s the positive part!

Yeah I meant good news since they're actually working on it together and we had no idea! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Deoiel said:

Eh, that just sounds like they want to tell people something after it was announced that Americans won't be able to travel to Europe. 😛

"But look, we're working on it!"

12 hours ago, ek1357 said:

Turkey is a new-ish option and the last I saw they don’t have reliable flights from Turkey into the US. Turkish airlines have been very unreliable from what I’ve seen so far but that might have changed/ may improve in a week or so. Just don’t get stuck after being so patient doing the quarantine only to find there is no reasonable route into the US you can take. 

I will add my info to the spreadsheet- I fly into LAX from Mexico tomorrow so I can add further details then too

Thanks! Best wishes on your journey today and congratulations!

12 hours ago, Kay & Evan said:

Hi! I added my info. I would suggest to also add a column for the airlines people used as for example most people that had some issue mentioned KLM so I think it’s good to know which airlines are toughest to deal with. 
I would highly recommend Serbia. The cost in comparison to Mexico is much much less. There have been two people that entered to the US through here successfully and Belgrade is a nice surprise (safe nice city and people good food things to see etc). However I will know more on the 27th that I travel to JFK and will update :)

Thanks for your recommendation! It would be a great opportunity to see the country and I hear the country is allowing businesses to open up.

Great idea! I just added in the extra column :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGaH5KVMQlfrgAnCc_6SDwCQq9CCRCHRy99Nhx7dXaM/edit#gid=0

Edited by jsmith2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jsmith2020 said:

Thanks for your recommendation! It would be a great opportunity to see the country and I hear the country is allowing businesses to open up.

Great idea! I just added in the extra column :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGaH5KVMQlfrgAnCc_6SDwCQq9CCRCHRy99Nhx7dXaM/edit#gid=0

Yes everything is open but for example most restaurants bars etc are only open to sit outside or for take out / delivery and everyone Is wearing a mask and they have hand sanitisers everywhere 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.