RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mackznie said:

That is such good news! I am probably going to do the same because of work! Can't get two weeks off but definitely want to bring my fiance back to America with me! What airport did you fly into in USA?!

Amazing!!! Really great news! Fingers crossed same goes for us! What airport did you fly into in the US?!

We flew to Salt Lake City International airport and went to CBP officer together, process was very chilled and lasted less than 10 min for us!

By the comments here on the forum, nobody had issues getting into US regardless of the POE, so you should be good to go :)  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 hours ago, dannie xox said:

Hi, I’m flying from the U.K. tomorrow to stay in Croatia for 14 days then onwards to the US, how did people from the U.K. get travel insurance? every company i’ve called i’m being told it’s invalid because of the current government advice that travel isn’t recommended. 

thanks in advance 

Your bigger issue is that you are Immigrating and Travel Insurance is for those going back.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I received my K1 visa in the post the day after the UK travel ban kicked in. I've been reading everyone's experiences so far going to other countries and been really inspired. Thank you all for sharing your stories. 

I have until 3rd Sept on the visa but I'm getting pretty restless sitting here waiting. So I am beginning to plan a way for me to travel too from London possibly in next 2-3 weeks. Is Serbia still a good option? Is Air Serbia a reliable airline? I plan to take a direct flight to JFK from Belgrade with them. 

Any advice would be amazing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/22/2020 at 6:04 PM, Susan C said:

Anyone in Mexico right now that have plans to flight in the coming days? Me and my husband have been in Mexico City in strict quarantine. Our flight is on saturday 27th of June, we have both L1-B visas. Looking for people in a similar situation to see if they have issues boarding or getting admitted into the US, specially with Trump latest restrictions on immigration.

My fiancé flies that day! He’s flying to Atlanta. 

Hi all,

I'm just starting to follow this forum and need some advice. My fiancee is french and I am a US citizen. Her K-1 visa expires in a month so we're both looking to meet outside the Schengen region and then we'll both travel to the US after quarantining somewhere for 14 days. Mexico is closest to me but I am open to going to a non-Schengen country too. I'll list my questions and I welcome all replies!

1. Which country do you recommend that we travel to?

2. Did any US citizens have trouble leaving USA while at the airport or during arriving at their destination? If you can comment on cities that gave any trouble like lots of question or worse being denied from boarding or denied from entering even though you should have been ok to travel.

3. Same as above but any europeans have any trouble when leaving their airport to go to a non-Schengen country or Mexico?

4. Did anyone have any trouble on their departure from their non-Schengen country or at their arrival in USA?

5. Does essential travel only apply to crossing the US-Mexico border by car or are the laws more relaxed to travel by plane. Will I have any problems driving between San Diego and Tijuana or should I stick with air travel and fly between LA and Mexico City?

1 hour ago, jsmith2020 said:

or at their arrival in USA?

We've only seen success after spending the 14 days in an unrestricted country. But, first one must successfully enter the unrestricted country. We've seen airline employees mistakenly deny boarding:

We've also seen Mexican border officials deny entry to Mexico:

Specific details haven't been shared from that experience.

1 hour ago, jsmith2020 said:

Does essential travel only apply to crossing the US-Mexico border by car or are the laws more relaxed to travel by plane.

The restriction is only on land entry: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/24/2020-06253/notification-of-temporary-travel-restrictions-applicable-to-land-ports-of-entry-and-ferries-service Thus, flying to and from Mexico is allowed.

Edited by HRQX

1 hour ago, HRQX said:

We've only seen success after spending the 14 days in an unrestricted country. But, first one must successfully enter the unrestricted country. We've seen airline employees mistakenly deny boarding:

We've also seen Mexican border officials deny entry to Mexico:

Specific details haven't been shared from that experience.

The restriction is only on land entry: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2020/03/24/2020-06253/notification-of-temporary-travel-restrictions-applicable-to-land-ports-of-entry-and-ferries-service Thus, flying to and from Mexico is allowed.

Thanks for your reply! Anyone else have problems? Rather than asking for negative outcomes, maybe a better question would be to ask what's generally been successful. Have US citizens been successful in entering Serbia and Mexico via plane? Are EU nationals generally successful in entering countries like Serbia or Mexico? What has worked for the majority of people?

Also, why aren't many people going to Turkey? It looks like it's open to travel and Turkish Airlines doesn't have a problem with EU nationals transiting through there.

I've created a Google Spreadsheet on their journey to USA. Please feel free to add your info. I think it will help a lot of people in planning their travels before their visas expire!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGaH5KVMQlfrgAnCc_6SDwCQq9CCRCHRy99Nhx7dXaM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by jsmith2020

I am not traveling from EU and don't need to quarantine but I added my info so people can see another person enter. You can delete if you only want EU entries :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, jsmith2020 said:

Also, why aren't many people going to Turkey? It looks like it's open to travel and Turkish Airlines doesn't have a problem with EU nationals transiting through there.

I've created a Google Spreadsheet on their journey to USA. Please feel free to add your info. I think it will help a lot of people in planning their travels before their visas expire!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGaH5KVMQlfrgAnCc_6SDwCQq9CCRCHRy99Nhx7dXaM/edit?usp=sharing

Turkey is a new-ish option and the last I saw they don’t have reliable flights from Turkey into the US. Turkish airlines have been very unreliable from what I’ve seen so far but that might have changed/ may improve in a week or so. Just don’t get stuck after being so patient doing the quarantine only to find there is no reasonable route into the US you can take. 

I will add my info to the spreadsheet- I fly into LAX from Mexico tomorrow so I can add further details then too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, jsmith2020 said:

Thanks for your reply! Anyone else have problems? Rather than asking for negative outcomes, maybe a better question would be to ask what's generally been successful. Have US citizens been successful in entering Serbia and Mexico via plane? Are EU nationals generally successful in entering countries like Serbia or Mexico? What has worked for the majority of people?

Hi! I added my info. I would suggest to also add a column for the airlines people used as for example most people that had some issue mentioned KLM so I think it’s good to know which airlines are toughest to deal with. 
I would highly recommend Serbia. The cost in comparison to Mexico is much much less. There have been two people that entered to the US through here successfully and Belgrade is a nice surprise (safe nice city and people good food things to see etc). However I will know more on the 27th that I travel to JFK and will update :)

Edited by Kay & Evan
Add info

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone traveled from Mexico or Serbia after 14 days quarantine to US with only an ESTA? Just for information!  Thanks 

Edited by AJC12B

Timeline
12 hours ago, GlizNov said:

I received my K1 visa in the post the day after the UK travel ban kicked in. I've been reading everyone's experiences so far going to other countries and been really inspired. Thank you all for sharing your stories. 

I have until 3rd Sept on the visa but I'm getting pretty restless sitting here waiting. So I am beginning to plan a way for me to travel too from London possibly in next 2-3 weeks. Is Serbia still a good option? Is Air Serbia a reliable airline? I plan to take a direct flight to JFK from Belgrade with them. 

Any advice would be amazing 

I flew from Luton airport with WizzAir, the flight was relatively budget option (think RyanAir or EasyJet standard) but was super easy, and the airline is running several routes a day out of Luton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.