RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Anyone in Mexico right now that have plans to flight in the coming days? Me and my husband have been in Mexico City in strict quarantine. Our flight is on saturday 27th of June, we have both L1-B visas. Looking for people in a similar situation to see if they have issues boarding or getting admitted into the US, specially with Trump latest restrictions on immigration.

Going to be following you guys. I am from Australia so no ban as such but I am worried about entering on a K1 with the current climate and the EO situation.
My flight isn't until 14/7

Edited by Cilllah

11 minutes ago, Susan C said:

Anyone in Mexico right now that have plans to flight in the coming days? Me and my husband have been in Mexico City in strict quarantine. Our flight is on saturday 27th of June, we have both L1-B visas. Looking for people in a similar situation to see if they have issues boarding or getting admitted into the US, specially with Trump latest restrictions on immigration.

I understood the new EO is only for people who don't have a visa yet but are applying for one, so you should be fine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, dpnce said:

I will be flying out tomorrow afternoon. POE is Miami, will keep you posted! 

24 minutes ago, Susan C said:

I’m also in Mexico right now and flying on 25th into LAX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 6/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, jvette said:

I'm trying to be optimistic but to be completely honest I'm devastated right now. My girlfriend was supposed to be here on her J-1 two months ago as she as a 15-month traineeship set up with a German/American school here in San Francisco. Call me nuts, but at this point I'm convinced Trump has intentionally kept the Schengen travel ban in place to prevent H1/L1/J1 visa holders from entering before this order comes out. In addition, the justification for this executive order (saying we need to ban all these visas temporarily to protect American jobs) completely contradicts Trump's effusive comments about the economy rebounding and unemployment dropping. 

Anyway, just wanted to make sure you were aware of what's going on and also needed to vent a bit. Sending you my best and really hope this won't affect your ability to re-enter the US. It sounds like the order is going to come out on Monday so hopefully we'll know more in a day or so. 

Looks like there are some good news for you and your girlfriend! The wording in the new EO provides that the latter only applies to those who have not been issued a J1 visa - among others - yet (Sec.3).  Since she already has her visa in hand - unless I am mistaken-, she just needs to find a workaround to join you in the US i.e. flying to an unrestricted country before entering the US! 

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, especially @HRQX because you are usually good at interpreting provisions :)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-aliens-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-following-coronavirus-outbreak/

Edited by dpnce

12 minutes ago, dpnce said:

Looks like there are some good news for you and your girlfriend! The wording in the new EO provides that the latter only applies to those who have not been issued a J1 visa - among others - yet (Sec.3).  Since she already has her visa in hand - unless I am mistaken-, she just needs to find a workaround to join you in the US i.e. flying to an unrestricted country before entering the US! 

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, especially @HRQX because you are usually good at interpreting provisions :)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspending-entry-aliens-present-risk-u-s-labor-market-following-coronavirus-outbreak/

That is correct.

5 hours ago, Susan C said:

I leave on the 26th in to LAX ill try and get back to you once I’m in 🙏🙌

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mackznie said:

I think we are going to make the jump to Mexico as well! Have any US people met their fiance in Mexico during their stay and traveled with them? I saw a few people did, but did you run into any issues? 

I met with my fiancé (USC) in Mexico City. No issues at all for him! None for me either when I left Mexico/entered the US.

15 hours ago, Mackznie said:

I think we are going to make the jump to Mexico as well! Have any US people met their fiance in Mexico during their stay and traveled with them? I saw a few people did, but did you run into any issues? 

I arrived in US Thursday last week, after spending 14 days in Mexico City. My fiancee (US citizen) met me In Mexico for 7 days and we flew to US together without any issues at all. Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
7 hours ago, RFOM said:

I arrived in US Thursday last week, after spending 14 days in Mexico City. My fiancee (US citizen) met me In Mexico for 7 days and we flew to US together without any issues at all. Good luck! 

That is such good news! I am probably going to do the same because of work! Can't get two weeks off but definitely want to bring my fiance back to America with me! What airport did you fly into in USA?!

9 hours ago, Ela S. said:

I met with my fiancé (USC) in Mexico City. No issues at all for him! None for me either when I left Mexico/entered the US.

Amazing!!! Really great news! Fingers crossed same goes for us! What airport did you fly into in the US?!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, I’m flying from the U.K. tomorrow to stay in Croatia for 14 days then onwards to the US, how did people from the U.K. get travel insurance? every company i’ve called i’m being told it’s invalid because of the current government advice that travel isn’t recommended. 

thanks in advance 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
55 minutes ago, dannie xox said:

Hi, I’m flying from the U.K. tomorrow to stay in Croatia for 14 days then onwards to the US, how did people from the U.K. get travel insurance? every company i’ve called i’m being told it’s invalid because of the current government advice that travel isn’t recommended. 

thanks in advance 

We didn’t get any, I couldn’t find any company that would offer cover (understandably) I’m in Mexico with the understanding that if anything happens I’m 100% liable for the costs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mackznie said:

That is such good news! I am probably going to do the same because of work! Can't get two weeks off but definitely want to bring my fiance back to America with me! What airport did you fly into in USA?!

Amazing!!! Really great news! Fingers crossed same goes for us! What airport did you fly into in the US?!

Charlotte!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.