RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Ameerah said:

Hey! Thank you for this info. I just called the embassy of turkey and they are not allowing anyone else in besides Nationals like you said. Mexico it is :) May I ask what hotel you are staying in?

Thanks again!

On all the travel restriction sides it’s telling me that entering is no problem they are open and Turkish airlines told me the same thing.

2 hours ago, Orbey said:

Did you make it to the US? I hope you're safe and well there now!

Yes! I made it, I am sorry it took me two days to share with everyone but my port of entry was JFK and I had absolutetly 0 problems or extra questions, the officer didn’t even ask me for proof that I had been in Croatia 14 days.

Boarding the flight in Serbia though I was asked such question, I just presented my boarding pass from when I flew into Croatia and I was good to go!

Good luck to everyone still on their way to the U.S.! I am sure you will all make it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
27 minutes ago, jenny53 said:

On all the travel restriction sides it’s telling me that entering is no problem they are open and Turkish airlines told me the same thing.

Yes looks like restrictions were lifted on 12 June (2 days after I left for Mexico)

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

1 hour ago, Ameerah said:

Hey! Thank you for this info. I just called the embassy of turkey and they are not allowing anyone else in besides Nationals like you said. Mexico it is :) May I ask what hotel you are staying in?

Thanks again!

I can’t find any information of Turkey only allowing nationals. Called Turkish embassy and the Istanbul airport all telling me it’s been lifted June 12th plus all the websites linked by airports and airlines are also saying all restrictions have been lifted June 12th. Could you tell me exactly who and when you called? I’d appreciate it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It’s so good to see people getting in the the US! 11 days until my fiancé gets here! Thank you everyone for giving good advice on this. My immigration attorney told me to have my fiancé stay home and wait this out. He kept assuring me his K1 visa would be extended. I told him that if the US government hasn’t made any plans to extend now, they likely won’t do it. I’m glad I followed my gut. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I think we are going to make the jump to Mexico as well! Have any US people met their fiance in Mexico during their stay and traveled with them? I saw a few people did, but did you run into any issues? 

3 hours ago, jenny53 said:

I can’t find any information of Turkey only allowing nationals. Called Turkish embassy and the Istanbul airport all telling me it’s been lifted June 12th plus all the websites linked by airports and airlines are also saying all restrictions have been lifted June 12th. Could you tell me exactly who and when you called? I’d appreciate it.

Thats crazy! Yeah I figured it was lifted. I called the Turkish Embassy in Belgium today but I'll be honest I felt like the lady I spoked to wasn't correctly informed. She kept saying : maybe it will soon open. After I kept saying it shows online Turkey has lifted restrictions. Gonna check with Turkish Airlines too!

4 hours ago, jenny53 said:

I called the airport and there is no issue at all. That’s weird.

3 hours ago, jenny53 said:

I called the Turkish embassy in Switzerland and they said it’s no problem.

I have no clue why the lady at the Turkish Embassy in Belgium told me differently as it is clearly open...

Edited by Ameerah
typo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have been following this thread for several weeks, and today I entered Serbia from London. The flight was basically as normal with WizzAir from Luton, and I had no problems at all entering the country. Now I just need to wait till July 8th to travel to New York!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Stuart Thomson said:

I have been following this thread for several weeks, and today I entered Serbia from London. The flight was basically as normal with WizzAir from Luton, and I had no problems at all entering the country. Now I just need to wait till July 8th to travel to New York!

I hope the weather gets better soon so you can explore! Belgrade is very nice. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.