RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, jenny53 said:

I know there is a list of airports however I don’t understand what does are for and when you are only allowed to enter the US over those airports?

That list applies to US citizens, LPR, etc. that are traveling directly from restricted countries. In your case, after you haven't been in a restricted country for 14 days you can enter via any US international airport.

11 hours ago, jenny53 said:

Hi, I’m happy to hear from more and more people that they are entering the US successfully. So I will be driving from Switzerland to Croatia on Wednesday the 24th of June. I hope I can fly from Zagreb to Istanbul to JFK July 9th, if not I’ll go to Serbia too for a day and hopefully enter that way. Having a lot of back up plans. I’ll enter with ESTA and I own a home in Florida. So I hope that will be no problem. 
I just have two questions - 1. can I enter any airport in the US or does it have to be a certain one. I know there is a list of airports however I don’t understand what does are for and when you are only allowed to enter the US over those airports? I hope you understand what I mean. So with a german passport, spending 14 days in a non banned country are the only specific airports I can enter? 
2. When I stay in Croatia and can’t get a flight from Zagreb, will there be no issue flying to Serbia and directly flying to the US? I don’t need to stay another 14 days right? 

I did talk to the boarder in Croatia since I will be entering by car and they will write and stamp something showing when I entered Croatia. 

hi, so you think its' fine to make a stop in Turkey?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Orbey said:

Hello everyone - I wondered if anyone had any accomodations in both Mexico and Serbia that they had had good experiences with and would be willing to share? Inching my way closer to bravery! Thanks all as usual for your generosity and insight!

I am staying at the Hyatt  House hotel in Santa Fe. I chose this hotel because you can book a room with a kitchen and a large balcony. I haven’t left my room for almost 2 weeks except to collect Uber Eats and my food shopping delivery in reception. Breakfast is made to order and delivered to your room (included). 

I can sunbathe, exercise, eat and watch tv all from this space. I highly recommend if you are looking to lay low and keep out of the way!

Timeline
1 minute ago, jenny53 said:

Yes because it’s not banned either. Called jfk and Miami Airport they said it be ok and Turkish airlines. Just can’t have a layover in a country that is banned.

When I planned my trip Turkey was a consideration but turned out to not be a viable option as they were not letting anyone in except Turkish nationals. If that has now changed it could be a consideration but a little caution as a few have warned against relying on Turkish Airlines as they keep cancelling the flights they say they are adding on..

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ameerah said:

Hey everyone , Im so glad I Found this forum! Ive been looking for a solution to this madness. I have an O1 Visa and I've been living in the USA for 9+ years. I flew to Belgium right before the travel ban so my mom wouldn't be alone in case something happened and like all of us,  I have been stuck and not been able to get back. I have booked my ticket to Mexico, leaving this Wednesday and staying there two weeks. I am a little nervous as Im a girl alone so any other ladies doing the same, feel free to contact me! My family is a little concerned for my safety and so I wonder if It would be better to go to Turkey instead, as I think they're open now too. Any tips and thoughts are welcome ! 

I would just say if Turkey is now accepting foreigners (when I checked a couple of weeks ago the country was restricted to Turkish Nationals only) then its possible but Turkish Airlines have been really unreliable with their flight schedule and you don’t want to end up stuck in Turkey without a route into America. 

I mentioned in a comment above that my hotel in Mexico City is about 30 mins from the airport and I have everything here that I need so I don’t have to leave the room. I have a big balcony for outdoor time. Use Uber eats for food, Cornershop app for shopping from Walmart and there’s a security guard on the main entrance door. There’s also a 24hr shop attached to the hotel in case you need something urgently.  I feel safe within the confine of this nice hotel! 

1 hour ago, ek1357 said:

I would just say if Turkey is now accepting foreigners (when I checked a couple of weeks ago the country was restricted to Turkish Nationals only) then its possible but Turkish Airlines have been really unreliable with their flight schedule and you don’t want to end up stuck in Turkey without a route into America. 

I mentioned in a comment above that my hotel in Mexico City is about 30 mins from the airport and I have everything here that I need so I don’t have to leave the room. I have a big balcony for outdoor time. Use Uber eats for food, Cornershop app for shopping from Walmart and there’s a security guard on the main entrance door. There’s also a 24hr shop attached to the hotel in case you need something urgently.  I feel safe within the confine of this nice hotel! 

Hey! Thank you for this info. I just called the embassy of turkey and they are not allowing anyone else in besides Nationals like you said. Mexico it is :) May I ask what hotel you are staying in?

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, ek1357 said:

When I planned my trip Turkey was a consideration but turned out to not be a viable option as they were not letting anyone in except Turkish nationals. If that has now changed it could be a consideration but a little caution as a few have warned against relying on Turkish Airlines as they keep cancelling the flights they say they are adding on..

You are correct, just got off the phone with embassy of Turkey, only turkeys nationals are allowed in. Thank you!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ameerah said:

Hey! Thank you for this info. I just called the embassy of turkey and they are not allowing anyone else in besides Nationals like you said. Mexico it is :) May I ask what hotel you are staying in?

Thanks again!

The hotel is the Hyatt House Santa Fe. From what I have seen online, if you are willing to fly to Cancun some of the resorts there are now open. In Mexico City there are a lot of active covid cases and therefore the hotel facilities are closed (pool, gym etc). 

if you don’t want to add an extra flight, this hotel is very clean. The staff all wear masks, many wear face shields and the hotel is close to a hospital and for this reason the staff are required to keep high levels of cleanliness. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.