RD7712

Has Anyone Left Europe's Schengen Area for 14 Days to Then Enter USA?

1,424 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, RFOM said:

Hi everybody, I made it to US yesterday :) 🙏

I was going to post it yesterday but I was too tired, sorry!

I flew from Mexico City to Salt Lake City and the US CBP process was very very chilled, it lasted like 5 minutes.

I handled my passport, a health check form and my sealed envelope to the Officer. He opened the envelope, took my digitals and photo, stamped my passport, explained again that we had to get married within 90 days and apply for adjustment of status, congratulated us and we were ready to go! He was very nice and did not ask me anything, not even for how long I was in Mexico.

When I decided to fly to Mexico 3.5 weeks ago I was so worried that all would go wrong, that I would not make to Mexico City or that, when there, a new ban would come about. But then I had to put myself together and believe that the Universe was working for my best! I kept positive thoughts as much as I could and put my future in the Universe's hands! 

I was surprised by how smooth things worked for me!

I did not have any problems with the airline I flew from Paris to Mexico City, I had no issues at Mexican CBP (I was not asked anything, not even why I was going to Mexico), I got an apartment with a swimming pool which was opened so I enjoyed 2 amazing weeks of sunshine, I got to know few guys who showed me around the city and became really good friends and, finally, I made to US without any problem. 

So guys, keep positive thoughts and believe that all will work well, because it will. ❤️

I want to thank you all for your inspiring stories which gave me the confidence to make decisions and go through this process. 

Best of luck to you all! 

P.S. to those who are afraid of flying to Mexico because of the rising cases of covid, I have to say, I felt much safer in Mexico than in US lol 

In Mexico everyone was wearing masks and temperature was being checked in every single store, very opposite of what I am seeing here in SLC. The number of cases in US comparing to Mexico speaks for itself...scary! 

Also, comments of travel bans without any solid verifiable sources scares people without any need, so lets keep negativity outside the forum! 😉

Thank you a million times 🌞 also for your positive words!! Flying out of Mexico today, and slept like 3 hours cause I’m so anxious. Congrats on getting to the US without any problems and best wishes for your future!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Leah88 said:

Thank you a million times 🌞 also for your positive words!! Flying out of Mexico today, and slept like 3 hours cause I’m so anxious. Congrats on getting to the US without any problems and best wishes for your future!!

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Leah88 said:

Good luck!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Considering the hardship family members, fiancés included, have been enduring during the last months due to COVID-19, we have decided to start a petition to provide equality and solidarity to family members that haven't been considered and therefore excluded from the Coronavirus related bans.

Please, sign so we can make the difference!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/process-k1-visas-immediate-family-visas-are-exempt-covid-related-travel-bans

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Robin Redemsky said:

My fiancé made it to Serbia. Manchester airport gave him a hard time and Amsterdam pulled him out of the line before he boarded the plane to make sure he wasn’t going thru the Schengen Area before his flight to New York in two weeks. Customs in Serbia didn’t even ask why he was there and just let him right in. He’s safe in his hotel. I’m currently a nervous wreck. I just want him to be safe and I really hope he makes it to the US. Some American on his flight to Serbia told him he doesn’t think he will be let into the US. That really dampened his mood. I told him not to let him down because that guy doesn’t understand our situation or the rules. 

Hi there! I'm glad your fiancé is in Serbia!

Do you know why he was questioned in Amsterdam/why the airline even cared where he was going after going to Serbia? Couldn't he just have said that he was going to Serbia for holidays...?

I'm thinking about flying UK-Serbia via Amsterdam (with KLM) in a couple of weeks, too, and then take the direct flight from Serbia to NYC (after spending 14 days in Serbia), and this is making me worry.

Also, the American man who told him he wouldn't be allowed in the US is clearly wrong since so many people have managed to do just that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
27 minutes ago, VioletM said:

Do you know why he was questioned in Amsterdam/why the airline even cared where he was going after going to Serbia? Couldn't he just have said that he was going to Serbia for holidays...?

I'm thinking about flying UK-Serbia via Amsterdam (with KLM) in a couple of weeks, too, and then take the direct flight from Serbia to NYC (after spending 14 days in Serbia), and this is making me worry.

Also, the American man who told him he wouldn't be allowed in the US is clearly wrong since so many people have managed to do just that.

So Manchester questioned him because he told them he was quarantining in Serbia before going to America. KLM doesn’t want the liability of sending someone to America if they’re not supposed to go because the airline could be fined heavily for it. Once he explained what was going on they let him go. I wouldn’t worry as long as you explain what you’re doing and show your ticket to America and hotel accommodations in Serbia. Serbia doesn’t care who comes in. They want the tourism! 

Edited by Robin Redemsky

3 hours ago, Leah88 said:

Breath, relax your mind and believe that all is already working well... because it is, you will see :)

Feel the empowerment that these last few weeks gave you, start picturing the happiness of going through CBP smoothly, being with your fiancee in US and the laughter after all this is done! 

Best of luck and keep us posted!!!!

Edited by RFOM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
33 minutes ago, VioletM said:

Hi! I flew from Athens to Frankfurt With Lufthansa and from Frankfurt to Serbia with air Serbia and I had no questions asked in any of the airports from these airlines. Maybe it would be worth it to check for other flights that are not with klm through Amsterdam since it’s the airline that people have mentioned being more questioned than with others. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fenja said:

Hi guys, I'm looking into flying to Serbia next week and I was wondering how you booked the Air Serbia flights? Did you guys book directly with them?

I used a travel agent that’s a family friend. I talked to air Serbia Too and they advised me that even though there are other flights available in the system to only book flights that are included in this list https://www.airserbia.com/en/information/flights/relaunched-services-and-regular-flight-schedule/belgrade?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=bac772a70a1658a281368f5a066e4066a7276c0f-1592668270-0-AcUR3wo2PVk_waVYNyDMbBhIwZPumbTsdAeDjD3rtP1Wwh-vKq2RhkuRRxw0VC-hSyhLwH5Yhqr4aUGwzNov4F8QIFk9dKNTRXGT7l4MoMebM8KRsaOIvsbdUC1b7NVLYfT7R-cCuBW5BwR2_AoMQCbpe_DjqKDq6bH35CSO-_2_PVevtHwmhZ9FWzl1nlJ-gmvAL-xogNneCwk8yJjLnXgM0fshq4Z0dT7fQ2a8-bejSm9_-7DEkyRS7pn_JdTId-jUiTKfC0Pvylmf0kbWSxBFmEpdK3dNSDR5EY_kGJ6xK5YiGTa5US4xi1fp0IREWyDdqwPehzgl-sa0QbtlMaooI4t1WelkbB9PAW0YYVDznTViO_sPc9Z7Vjh5X_LPNw

22 hours ago, pretzelbite said:

Oh my lord! This just made my day as I’m going to do the same at the beginning of July. So glad to hear that it works with an ESTA too! 

Happy for you! Thanks for sharing!!  

Thanks! I'm glad sharing it was of help even if it's just a bit! 

The only advice I can give different from the rest as you're gonna enter with the ESTA same as me, is to be prepared to be questioned about werid stuff lol. It was more or less the same thing as the last time I entered here, but I got asked what do I do for a living, and then he asked a bunch of random questions about that to be sure I wasn't lying(as I'm a chef he started asking for my  specialties and some recipes lol). As always, as long as you're saying the truth it will all be alright and you'll get in in 5 minutes. Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Fenja said:

Hi guys, I'm looking into flying to Serbia next week and I was wondering how you booked the Air Serbia flights? Did you guys book directly with them?

I booked directly with them. Non stop flights to New York Tuesday and Saturday only!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I booked directly with them. Non stop flights to New York Tuesday and Saturday only!

That is not correct! I am flying directly on a Wednesday!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.